Working eotr ...any experiences or advice to share?

Guest formed a band

If you're talking about stewarding then...

I remember it being incredibly annoying missing bands. I remember it being an absolute fag getting up at 7 for shifts. I remember it being unbelievably cold and boring standing by yourself at the campsite entrance at 3 in the morning.

I remember it being free and a good laugh. Very easy - keep the festival do's and don'ts sheet with you to admonish bad campers with and try not to get caught skiving. Be prepared to be really tired but remember it's only a weekend. And see all the bands you can in your spare time.

• 3 weeks later...

have a good mate who did this 3 years ago before i went (now not around otherwise sure he would comment) who has also done R&L and Bestival and said it was lovely to do eotr as the hassle (i.e. awkward punters and general friendly feel) was much better at eotr. doesnt necessarily help make an absolute decision but may influence relativity aspect.

• 4 weeks later...

We did it last year and enjoyed it. The team leaders were reasonable, tried to keep you moving around, if you desperately wanted to see something it was usually possible. Sometimes a bit boring, e.g. In front of Garden Stage for hours before first act, but basically easy and a good way to see some of the workings of the event and get in for free.

£50 in fivers at end of last shift was good too :) paid it months before, so it felt like a bonus and some of it was spent on grub immediately!