Nine Inch Nails

Guest Areophobia

Cannot wait for this one. My favourite band. May just steal the show.

That being said, I'm slightly concerned by what Reznor said here in the NME:

Elsewhere in the interview, Reznor spoke about the make-up of Nine Inch Nails live shows and what fans should expect. "The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format."

Thoughts?
I for one love Trent - but I do hope he is not going to completely change the songs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last known recording by Nine Inch Nails is this

Take from that what you will, but I will never doubt the ability of NIN to put on an incredible show!

My main concern is that they'll be on too early at Leeds if Biffy get a long set. They need cover of darkness.

Yeah mentioned this is the 2013 thread. He goes on to say that he's not bothered about about playing the more well known stuff and they're comfortable not trying to please the crowd and will play what they feel like. Then says I hope that doesn't sound too self indulgent?

Not looking like living up to 07 by that talk, but ill go in with an open mind :)

Can see this being a bit of a Sonisphere esque set... Reckon we could get some stuff like The Great Below, Lights in the Sky, Something I Can Never Have, The Becoming, I Do Not Want This etc. Wouldn't be the best set but still awesome especially if they closed with In This Twilight into Zero Sum. Maybe something like this:

1. Somewhat Damaged

2. Terrible Lie

3. March of the Pigs

4. Something I Can Never Have

5. I Do Not Want This

6. Gave Up

7. Me, I'm Not

8. The Becoming

9. Echoplex

10. Wish

11. *New Song*

12. Lights in the Sky

13. The Great Below

14. Hurt

15. In This Twilight

16. Zero Sum

Hits up all the albums... not too heavy but a couple of hits. Would be a bit different but awesome.

Edited by SOAD

As far as I'm aware 2 of the new members are keyboardists, and given Reznor's post-With Teeth output has been very electronic, and the fact Rubin and Reznor have both played keys on stage before, I would guess the set will be in that direction. Plenty of Year Zero, and noisy-electronic reworkings of songs from The Downward Spiral etc.

Probably end up being acoustic now!

As far as I'm aware 2 of the new members are keyboardists, and given Reznor's post-With Teeth output has been very electronic, and the fact Rubin and Reznor have both played keys on stage before, I would guess the set will be in that direction. Plenty of Year Zero, and noisy-electronic reworkings of songs from The Downward Spiral etc.

Probably end up being acoustic now!

Edited by dentalplan

2007 was incredible, i remember hearing a lad behind me saying to his mate "How are the Pumpkins gonna beat that"...due to work and the lack of mates going this year i was tempted to travel up on the Sunday morning just to see NIN but £100 a day ticket is outrageous. So hopefully they be back next year to do their own shows.

Three new members. One of them is Jane's Addiction's bassist Eric Avery, who is quite well revered, the guitarist from King Crimson, Adrian Belew, and an electronic musician, Josh Eustis, who will probably be on synth/keys.

I took the regeneration of songs to mean that it would be less electronic and moreso on instruments, now there is a fuller band sort of thing.

I thought NIN were still really good, but I was pretty unfamiliar with their stuff, and I'd already seen them supporting Foo Fighters earlier that week. The Pumpkins were the reason I went Leeds that year and although they weren't mindblowing like the Blur, Stone Roses and RATM reunions did, they did not disappoint.

It was pretty small and not the liveliest crowd I'd been in, same goes for the Pumpkins as Asdaprice said. I think Lostprophets got the biggest crowd of that day (I didn't see them). I'm not surprised though, at the time "Nu Rave" was the latest fad and there was a whole day dedicated to that so-called movement in the NME tent so a lot of the crowd must have been there.