You shouldn't be allowed at Glastonbury if you don't know any Beatles songs (discuss)

Guest Trebor

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite happy to admit that I don't know the complete lyrics to a single Beatles song. I've heard lots of their songs over the years and I can confirm that in my opinion (which, let's face it is fucking worthless) they are shite. So shite in fact that it now actually bothers me when I hear one of their songs. The sight of Paul McCartney makes me shudder. It's not just me either. I have a friend who loathes them more than I do. His hatred is complete.

I'm going to reassess. If you actually think about it, unless she actively decided to listen to Beatles music, where would she hear it?

They're not used on adverts (thank god), they don't get radio play, you wouldn't necessarily hear them in a bog standard bar or club. They're not really used on TV.

When was the last time anyone heard a Beatles song in passing. I can only think of buskers. If her parents didn't play it round the house then why would she have heard any of their songs?

All this thread is getting at, that there are a lot of people going to Glastonbury these days because its "Glastonbury" not because they really have any interest or care in the festival. A similar thing can be said about music in general too these days.

Yes it was all deadly serious posts.

Lighten up!

When we shall host these tests? Should you get to have a chance at the deposit first? Then if you fail in say March? You put your ticket back in the pot?

I demand that they are took under strict exam conditions!

I remember a couple of years ago i had said something to one of my freinds about Paul McCartney (He was probably playing at something or maybe Hampden) They said "Oh i like his daughter Stella" I replied "Who?" It's brilliant when it's the other way round. Funny thing is i only recently found out who she was which makes it better