Trolleys?

Guest Kyle the Sink

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's a bit sad to be excited about trolleys, but here's a pic of our little boy, who'll be at his first Glastonbury this June, aged 6 months, trying out the trolley we've got. We gave him a go in it when we put up our tent in the garden to check it over. I'm currently working on a wild west style wagon cover for it, then we'll be ready to roll!

556000_10151846857363747_1468510952_n.jp

Right I may as well ask...

I've seen trolleys like this for cheap & was thinking of buying one solely to fill (or half fill) with the heaviest item I will be taking... my tins of cider. I'm fine with the load I'm carrying but I find the extra weight of my crates of cider, lack of room in my rucksack & its awkwardness is what grinds my gears the most about lugging my stuff to camp.

413-Nf8IWpL._SY300_.jpg

Now, I'm not expecting it to last maybe even the Glastonbury itself at the prices I've seen (if it got broken I'd find somewhere responsible to bin it) but one I've seen has bigger, rubbery but not-pneumatic, wheels like the one above has a slightly larger holdall.

So is it worth it for my alcohol to get to camp & would it be ethical to take knowing I might have to bin it???

Very cute mate. We're taking our 2 kids and I was thinking about getting that trolley. Is it particularly heavy? and you think it'll be ok through mud? (not that we'll get any!). Last time we took a buggy and that nearly killed me pushing it - stopped us going some stages to be honest.

Oh I'd say battery powered LED lights. Last ages and look cool. I rigged up some as under lighting on the buggy last time and it looked awesome.

It is fairly heavy compared to the sack truck type, but it can take far more weight too, and you don't want something flimsy, more trouble than they're worth then.

As far as mud goes, we saw people really struggling with these trolleys in 2011, so we'll keep an eye on the weather. If we think there's a chance of heavy going, we'll take baby in a carrier, tent and rucksack on our first journey, then I'll go back for more in the trolley once I've seen the conditions. I think one mistake people made last time was trying to transport all their gear in one go, which meant they were very heavy and hard to control in the conditions.

Right I may as well ask...

I've seen trolleys like this for cheap & was thinking of buying one solely to fill (or half fill) with the heaviest item I will be taking... my tins of cider. I'm fine with the load I'm carrying but I find the extra weight of my crates of cider, lack of room in my rucksack & its awkwardness is what grinds my gears the most about lugging my stuff to camp.

413-Nf8IWpL._SY300_.jpg

Now, I'm not expecting it to last maybe even the Glastonbury itself at the prices I've seen (if it got broken I'd find somewhere responsible to bin it) but one I've seen has bigger, rubbery but not-pneumatic, wheels like the one above has a slightly larger holdall.

So is it worth it for my alcohol to get to camp & would it be ethical to take knowing I might have to bin it???

Lightweight folding trolleys are the way to go. You can keep them in their folded state for transporting them to the festival via bus, train or car etc then easily build it up when you get to your destination to easily transport all your gear to the campsite.

http://www.csi-products.co.uk/festival-trolleys-c-1_350_2934.html

Hope this helps.

I have 2 B&Q trolleys which have lasted since 2008 over the muddiest terrains - would definately recomend it and I just use loads of bungi cords to keep everything in

http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/handtools-storage-workwear/tool-storage-workbenches/trollies/B-and-Q-Hand-Trolley-HT2022-9686783

I bought a fishing trolley from Amazon - half the price of the advertised festival trolleys, massive wheels and holds lots of kgs. Arrived, looks sturdy, def worth a go if you are considering what to take I think. Just type in fishing trolleys for a selection. Can't wait to try it out now :D