hang overs

Guest guypjfreak

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on your purchase guypjfreak lol

As predicted the double bounce happened and pay day drinks that started 6pm Fri turned into a 12hr session and much alcohol (Ale, lager/vodka/Jaeger) was consumed, I'd say it was 8/10 night and the Pro-Plus I took before the smoke that knocked me out certainly helped my head. Greasy spoon fry up at lunchtime when I surfaced and an afternoon Berrocca I was ready for Sat night.

A milder night in comparison with several pints of bud & a few vodkas thrown in, after the gig which was good I stumbled into town but went home happy in the knowledge I could of stayed out all night had I chosen too, despite no salts, caffeine based drinks/pills I feel fine after a cooked brunch.

As long as you know what works for you to help you get through your hangover that's all that matters.

Wednesday - Saturday I do tend to consume large amounts of beer/lager. I don't tend to drink the spirits because I know it will mess with my head. I also drink quite a bit of water. Although I do like to be on it for the first few days I have to calm down on the Sunday because of driving home on the Monday, which is probably why I feel so low on the Sunday.

In the end I stand by my record of never puking at a festival (done 11)

For those who wake up and have a beer, cleaning your teeth and rinsing with lager is horrible I have seen it many times at festivals.

Really enjoyed reading this thread, its good to know its not just me who is finding the after effects harder to handle the older I get.

Last time, one of our friends brought a load of Lansoprazole that helped the body handle the abuse for days 3 and 4. By Sunday I was just a bloated mess though.

I've read on these forums a few years back about something you take quite regularly leading up to the festival that helps you recover quicker, or at least takes the edge off the come down. I'm sure it was something you bought from Holland & Barratt. Any ideas?

've read on these forums a few years back about something you take quite regularly leading up to the festival that helps you recover quicker, or at least takes the edge off the come down. I'm sure it was something you bought from Holland & Barratt. Any ideas?

Line ups out then.

Going round a mates to get shitfaced and discuss who we're gonna see and bore the pants off my other mate who isn't going.

Got no painkillers or Berrocca with me so going au naturale...should be a good an.

• 2 months later...

out in the sun yesterday on the cider and had all good intentions to drink water with each pint but that went out the hazy window so suffering today and once more worrying about how im gonna handle glasto lol.......im not 21 any more :sarcastic:

• 3 weeks later...

went to get some berocca today in savers health shop and compared the berocca with there own brand and they were EXACTLY the same but more than half the price ........just thought id share that with you .....every penny counts old sons