hang overs

Guest guypjfreak

I use this for running:

ZERO-Xtreme-v2-stg2.jpg

And discovered the other week that it's brilliant for hang overs with a couple of paracetamol for your headache.

£7 a tube is a bit pricey though.

Normally at festivals I go for a walk to get milk/fresh fruit followed by a shot of vodka to get over a hangover.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiancé swears by drinking the multivitamin tablets that's you dissolve in water. The main reason we get hangovers is dehydration and loss of vitamins etc so makes sense really.

I personally drink as much water as I can before sleep (although this might be a bad idea as you'll end Up waking up for a piss numerous times in the night) and take a paracetamol with a pint of water in the morning (or if all else fails, puke up until there's nothing bad left inside me!)

I have a big night planned for tonight I think,if all goes to plan so I'm going to do an experiment.

I've got some Berocca, Paracetemol and Dyralite.I am the wrong side of 40 so hangovers are not good.

I'm off to the pub tonight to see some old friends and then back to mine probably till the early hours with Whiskey involved amongst other things,so Iam expecting to have anvil head in the morming.

I will try and remember to to take all the ingredients with plenty of water before I fall over and pass out!

I shall report back on my findings.

I have a big night planned for tonight I think,if all goes to plan so I'm going to do an experiment.

I've got some Berocca, Paracetemol and Dyralite.I am the wrong side of 40 so hangovers are not good.

I'm off to the pub tonight to see some old friends and then back to mine probably till the early hours with Whiskey involved amongst other things,so Iam expecting to have anvil head in the morming.

I will try and remember to to take all the ingredients with plenty of water before I fall over and pass out!

I remember after G2007 thinking what's this thing they call hangover. Oh how times have changed.

Not finding milk thistle to make a difference. Bottle of water on the pillow, and hope I drink it before sleep, is the current best method.

Call off the search party,I have surfaced.

It didn't quite go to plan in fact it all went a bit west.I ended up back at someone else's house so I didn't have the Dyralite with me but had a Berrocca and and plenty of water before turning in.

I think it helped,my head wasn't too bad but energy levels were sapped and I spent the day horizontal watching movies.

So to Summarize it helped with the clangy head but obviously it didn't cure me completely, but I will do this in the future as It does make a difference

I will try and do the full combination next weekend and get back to you. :bad:

Thanks by the way Guypjfreak.

It looks as though I haven't missed much on here,seems to be a bit of a lull,hopefully get some info soon eh!

Edited by Thearg

well in the name of science im off to pub tomo first big drink in about 3 weeks so hopfully ill last but as i say its for science i DONT REALLY WANT TO GO :banghead::hair::russian: but i must ive even made phone calls and emails SO i HAVE to go..

any way the plan is

A stick to one drink ie beer/cider

B try and have some water in between drinks

C EAT

D have so milk thistle stuff .water and Andrew salts or berrocca and more water and then puke maybe .

lets see wot happens ah

i shall report in due course old sons :drinks:

Glad to hear you're still alive and well Thearg :)

The great part about getting 'Trollied' I find is that how ever much of a state I get in, I can remember pretty much how much & what I drank, So Thearg could you confirm out of 10 maybe how much of a state were you in & what was it that got you into that state?

Great stuff guypjfreak, look forward to reading your findings :)

I'm a festival noob & the one thing that concerns me with a 4/5 day bender is that quite often just having 2 nights out on the bounce usually means the 2nd night is never as good as the 1st...so I wondered, what's everyone's approach to enjoying copious amounts of alcohol & making the most of the festival? Do you go all out, or take a night or two off?

I'm a festival noob & the one thing that concerns me with a 4/5 day bender is that quite often just having 2 nights out on the bounce usually means the 2nd night is never as good as the 1st...so I wondered, what's everyone's approach to enjoying copious amounts of alcohol & making the most of the festival? Do you go all out, or take a night or two off?

Edited by markm69

Glad to hear you're still alive and well Thearg :)

The great part about getting 'Trollied' I find is that how ever much of a state I get in, I can remember pretty much how much & what I drank, So Thearg could you confirm out of 10 maybe how much of a state were you in & what was it that got you into that state?

Great stuff guypjfreak, look forward to reading your findings :)

Thanks for the info, sounds like you had a good night :)

So Beer + Wine followed by PM Water + Berrocca = clearish head but no energy

I receive my annual bonus this week so next weekend is looking like a potential double whammy with pay day drinks on the Friday followed by watching a few bands on the Saturday night, my plan will be:

Friday

Numerous pints of IPA South followed by Vodka cokes and no doubt ending with shots of all different colours & content.

Andrews Salts + pint of water

Saturday AM

Berrocca, Coffee & Bacon Butty

Saturday Pm

Numerous pints of Ale only

Paracetamol & Water

Sunday AM

Relentless & Mars Bar

All in the name of science of course :sarcastic:

With 14 weekends to go until the festival, I reckon the hangover if not cracked will at least be more bearable.

AH WELL all didnt quite go to plan .

went to pub meet wierd bloke who wouldnt tell us his name so i thought great just like glasto lol.....

had about 8 pints cider over about 5/6 hours forgot the water between drinks [ not that surprising as i thought it was sat and didnt even no it was st Ps day till i walk in pub ]

was pissed but not trollyed popped into chinese and spent £30 on food got home couple of cans cider with said chinese brought a tent on ebay .........thought it was a smallish one for festis just looked and its huge looooooooollllllll

feel asleep went bed but i did drink lots of water through out the night and now i feel fine .......

so i can conclude pace your self

spend stupid amount on chinese

and buy a huge tent

drink lots of water and every thing will be fine lol

i have to say this wasnt quite the result i expected due to lack of drink drunk so in the name of science will do it again next week tis all booked ha ha

but it is nice to of had a nice meet up with friend AND NOT feel like shite the next day so thats a result in itself .

G :thumbsu:

AH WELL all didnt quite go to plan .

went to pub meet wierd bloke who wouldnt tell us his name so i thought great just like glasto lol.....

had about 8 pints cider over about 5/6 hours forgot the water between drinks [ not that surprising as i thought it was sat and didnt even no it was st Ps day till i walk in pub ]

was pissed but not trollyed popped into chinese and spent £30 on food got home couple of cans cider with said chinese brought a tent on ebay .........thought it was a smallish one for festis just looked and its huge looooooooollllllll

feel asleep went bed but i did drink lots of water through out the night and now i feel fine .......

so i can conclude pace your self

spend stupid amount on chinese

and buy a huge tent

drink lots of water and every thing will be fine lol

i have to say this wasnt quite the result i expected due to lack of drink drunk so in the name of science will do it again next week tis all booked ha ha

but it is nice to of had a nice meet up with friend AND NOT feel like shite the next day so thats a result in itself .

G :thumbsu: