hang overs

Guest guypjfreak

I'm a little afraid of hangovers this year, since the last glasto I have gone from boozy student to almost tee total, mostly because I was getting week long hangovers.

I 100% plan to drink but probably stick to majority spirits with some cider chucked in (as a zummerset girl cider is more important than water). And vitamin drinks (the fizzy tablet ones) are my go to, with lots of lemon squash before I go to sleep.

In previous years I have found a cup of coffee before bed (probably only good if you are used to caffeine) has helped and then a strong tea in the morning.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine uses Milk Thistle for when she's going to go on a heavy session. She swears it works for her every time she uses it. You can get it at Holland & Barrett but probably more cheaper on line from another supplier. Just done a very small trawl on the net and it would appear that there are other advocates of milk thistle out there. I think you take it before, during, and after a session.

Loads of water & two asprins (analgesics) before bed at uni worked everytime unless I really got wrecked where I'd just wake up drunk & then be silly enough to carry on the next day topping myself up until I fell asleep & the missus took me home.

I guess this is what happens at fests. I felt great after a pint at 12 on the dot at Bestival, just as the weekend goes on your power bar drains every day.

I don't seem to suffer such bad hangovers at festivals, I think being out and about in the fresh air has a lot to do with it. (A morning Berroca helps too.)

My only bad morning in 2011 was on the Sunday waking up in a sweat box tent to the sound of one of our neighbours throwing up. She then stopped spewing and had an argument with her tent-mate, the gist of which seemed to be that her mate had farted in the tent and this had triggered the vomiting. I felt rough anyway but that overhearing that little exchange just about pushed me over the edge.

I'm a little afraid of hangovers this year, since the last glasto I have gone from boozy student to almost tee total, mostly because I was getting week long hangovers.

I 100% plan to drink but probably stick to majority spirits with some cider chucked in (as a zummerset girl cider is more important than water). And vitamin drinks (the fizzy tablet ones) are my go to, with lots of lemon squash before I go to sleep.

In previous years I have found a cup of coffee before bed (probably only good if you are used to caffeine) has helped and then a strong tea in the morning.

I used to suffer from really bad hangovers and deal with them naturally, then i started working weekends and have since been using the water drinking methods. i drink obscene amounts on a friday (only if i start after 12 on saturday) and lots of water before bed and when i wake up works for me. it doesnt "cure" me exactly, but i can function and do a shift at work, did it today infact.

Glastonbury is a different beast though, hair of the dog, tried. tested. works. i sometimes find it difficult to drink booze the day after though and suffer long into the day until i can pull myself round. i didnt know about the water method last time, but i will be doing it this time for sure, it wakes me up in the middle of the night desperate to piss though which will be tricky on a campsite when i wake up groggy and still pissed with no toilet in sight.

im highly interested in milk thistle after this thread though and have checked out the internet and it seems to be widely regarded as being legit. apparently it protects and helps make your liver work better. might invest and test before the fest.

might mix water, milk thistle, pain killers and booze together at glastonbury for the combined benefits.

2 x Solpadeine (the Paracetamol/Caffeine variety not the over the counter Paracetamol/Codeine heavy duty lot) in a half pint of water last thing before sleep. Then a Dioralyte/Berocca and a mug of black coffee first thing works for me.

Nurofen doesn't touch mine at all....which I put this down to the soluble nature of the Solpadeine.

As has been said earlier it's all about dehydration and replenishing fluids and salts with a hit of painkiller.

I use this for running:

ZERO-Xtreme-v2-stg2.jpg

And discovered the other week that it's brilliant for hang overs with a couple of paracetamol for your headache.

£7 a tube is a bit pricey though.

Normally at festivals I go for a walk to get milk/fresh fruit followed by a shot of vodka to get over a hangover.