hang overs

Guest guypjfreak

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't seem to suffer such bad hangovers at festivals, I think being out and about in the fresh air has a lot to do with it. (A morning Berroca helps too.)

My only bad morning in 2011 was on the Sunday waking up in a sweat box tent to the sound of one of our neighbours throwing up. She then stopped spewing and had an argument with her tent-mate, the gist of which seemed to be that her mate had farted in the tent and this had triggered the vomiting. I felt rough anyway but that overhearing that little exchange just about pushed me over the edge.

Edited by coma girl

I used to drink 3 to 4 bottles of red wine a night or a bottle and a quarter of whisky. Now, that kind of activity used to give me regular hangovers. I have now been introduced to gin and slimline tonics with ice. I've not had a hangover in the 6 months that I've been drinking them. I've been told it's the ice but suspect the tonic must help too. A G & T with ice may well be tricky to pull off at a festival but one has to be determined. I am already planning how to take a shed load of ice for the duration.

I used to drink 3 to 4 bottles of red wine a night or a bottle and a quarter of whisky. Now, that kind of activity used to give me regular hangovers. I have now been introduced to gin and slimline tonics with ice. I've not had a hangover in the 6 months that I've been drinking them. I've been told it's the ice but suspect the tonic must help too. A G & T with ice may well be tricky to pull off at a festival but one has to be determined. I am already planning how to take a shed load of ice for the duration.

A friend of mine uses Milk Thistle for when she's going to go on a heavy session. She swears it works for her every time she uses it. You can get it at Holland & Barrett but probably more cheaper on line from another supplier. Just done a very small trawl on the net and it would appear that there are other advocates of milk thistle out there. I think you take it before, during, and after a session.

I don't think there is any miracle pill or other cure for a hangover,a bit like the common cold,you can only help the recovery process.

my personal recommendations is a Dyralite,a pint of freshly squeezed juice,aspirins or paracetemol if its a real clanger and a fry up,if you can stomach it,then back to bed or chill for a few hours,I have heard that sleep when drunk is the same as about a third of normal sleep,so I get about 3 hours a night at GF which equivilates to an hour a night.This catches up with me and I hit the wall usually saturday night and turn in early,but then I'm fully refreshed( sort of ) for the Sunday,which is my favourite day

Also as a preventative cure and I know some of you will find this controversial but for the last few times I've left the spirits at home.

Edited by Thearg

I remember watching Brainiac a couple of years ago and Jon Tickle was investigating hangover cures, he went on the ale over a couple of nights and tried different remedies, full english, drinking twice the amount but half the strength ale and a couple of others. The best and I have done it ever since was to take 2 paracetamol along with 2 pints of water. A hangover is your body / brain suffering from dehydration, so the water replenishes the water that you have lost whilst being on the lash and the paracetamol combat the dreaded headache. It works.

Edited by Mr. Cowbell

I remember watching Brainiac a couple of years ago and Jon Tickle was investigating hangover cures, he went on the ale over a couple of nights and tried different remedies, full english, drinking twice the amount but half the strength ale and a couple of others. The best and I have done it ever since was to take 2 paracetamol along with 2 pints of water. A hangover is your body / brain suffering from dehydration, so the water replenishes the water that you have lost whilst being on the lash and the paracetamol combat the dreaded headache. It works.
Edited by Thearg

I'm not being bad but how can you drink two pints of water before turning in,If I could manage this or remember to do this I'm probably not drunk enough in the first place and therefore wouldn't have a hangover anyway,bit of an oxymoron really.

Here's a step by step analysis:
  • Select a pint glass from cupboard
  • Turn on tap
  • Proceed to fill pint glass with water that is currently exiting tap
  • Once glass is filled, turn off tap
  • Raise glass to mouth
  • Begin to pour water in to mouth until desired amount has entered the mouth
  • Swallow
  • Repeat until glass is empty and then repeat the entire process again so the desired 2 pints have been drank

Sorry for being Sarcy, but that's how you do it. You don't have to do it in 30 seconds but as a big lad who can drink for Britain it doesn't really phase me and can do a couple of pints in about a minute, there have been a lot of occasions when I've been completely twatted yet never forgot to smash in the water and paracetamol before bedtime. You wake with a clear head ready to fight another day.

Get some resolve sachets,the paracetomol is dissolved so it gets to your head quicker, have some ibuprofen, follow up with dioralyte and something with a lot of sugar in it and then loads of water... Ticks all the boxes of pain reliefs, getting your blood sugar up, replenishing salts and water... Trust me you'll be back on it within the hour

Get some resolve sachets,the paracetomol is dissolved so it gets to your head quicker, have some ibuprofen, follow up with dioralyte and something with a lot of sugar in it and then loads of water... Ticks all the boxes of pain reliefs, getting your blood sugar up, replenishing salts and water... Trust me you'll be back on it within the hour

No such thing as a Hangover at Glasto in my book - sometimes feel a bit rough in the morning but the fresh air and more booze sorts that out. I seem to store them up until afterwards then am utterly shite for a week when I get home.