Now its sunk in

Guest ramragon

Having had over 12 hours to digest this mornings announcement and slightly more sleep than a 4 week old allowed me last night, thank god for afternoon naps I've woken up in a more positive frame of mind !

When you consider last years initial announcement didn't contain several high profile bands like the view and we are scientists there's still plenty of scope for more quality to be added, if the rumours are right and Johnny Marr has self confirmed you would imagine the main supports will be Marr and Kloot with a friday night dance / dj support act to be slotted in before jaxx.

There's a few bands on there I've seen before and enjoyed, I am Kloot are always excellent, Lightening Seeds will provide a good afternoon singalong and there's a few bands I've liked but havent seen before like Ash and the Mystery Jets. I used to like a few Basement Jaxx numbers back in the day and Primal Scream are usually good. Still have a bit of apathy towards the Charlatans bacause I havent enjoyed them the last few times I caught them live but there's other stages.

If Johnny Marr is announced in the next batch you can imagine there being a great atmosphere for it and the possibility of maybes singing along to some Smiths stuff will be great !

The bands are usually secondary to a chance to be away with friends and family, enjoy a few beers and a bit of banter. It was on this strength that I bought the tickets back in November. Plus when the wife found out who was playing she was chuffed which is half the battle anyway !

Who'd be a promoter and try and appeal to the demands of 15000 diverse people !

Yeah that's maybes one thing I regret about last year, at times the card was that strong it gave little scope to explore unless you sacrificed someone you wanted to see. Would have enjoyed spending more time in the woodland area but in reality most days were at the main stage.

Apart from 2010 when I went to see Doves and to blood my daughter into festivals, I have always felt a bit disappointed by the first day announcements. But each year I have pretty quickly realised that for a festival the size of Kendal, the line up has been pretty good. I've got there much quicker this year, even though I'm gutted that Frank Turner isn't one of the headliners.

For me, it’s more important to get back to the feel and atmosphere of 2011 and previous years. Last year was good fun, but ignoring the bands it was easily the worst KC for years.

But I'm still looking forward to going back again this year.

I'm really happy with what's been announced so far.

There's a lot there I'm looking forward to.

Air punches when we saw Primal Scream, top, top band!

So pleased and know there's loads more to be announced too.

I'm feeling really lucky after seeing Primal Scream and Dub Pistols so I'm daring to hope for Alabama 3 and The Proclaimers now ;-D

That would be perfect!

I think its great. Good mix of stuff, even the dance headliner is one most indie fans love (and absolutely amazing live!). Seen loads of the bands before but to a degree I think thats what you want at a festival...its all about the good times!

I am slightly surprised Charlatans are still considered big enough to headline but still gonna be happy to sing along to them on Saturday night.

Chuck Jimmy Cliff in the next announcement and I don't need anybody else!

Shaping up to be a corker!

Ash headlined the Sunday night back in 2009 so are probably one of the main supports to either Charlatans or Primal Scream if they are not headlining the Calling Out stage, great band with top back catalogue full of singalongs,Vaccines could be brought in for the other main support on Saturday or Sunday with someone like Sub-Focus or Knife Party the main supports for Basement Jaxx and with the likes of Jake Bugg ,Johnny Marr,Travis and Deacon Blue doing the festival rounds this year there is still loads more class acts to hope for.