Basement Jax, The Charlatans & Primal Scream!

Guest bottonrob

I'm guessing The Charlatans will be friday night, jaxx on sat and Primal Scream on the sunday to close? It's not as strong as last year but was going to be hard to better Feeder followed by James to close. Saying that we didn't bother with Maximo Park last year but will make a beeline for the Charlatans despite people saying they're not all that live.

Yeah its still not bad for the money al, think there was a fair bit of getting carried away with who we thought, plus there's still a few main support acts to announce that will strengthen it up. I'm more pleased with kloot, ash and lightening seeds. Seeing the Primals support The Roses in Glasgow 5 weeks before KC so not that fussed about seeing em twice in quick succession, don't get me wrong I'm not disappointed they're playing and I still think they're a good headliner.

This my first Kendall this year and I'm really chuffed with the initial announcement!

I'm also seeing primal scream at Glasgow green but they're never a chore to watch .

The headliners will guarantee a great sing a long at the end of each day, can't ask for much more!

am I clutching at straws here?... the've stated on facebook about an hour ago that there's still loads to announce including some 'big' names... does this mean that maybe the Charlatans aren't the headliner but are in the Feeder/ Shed7 slot and there is a Stereophonics/ Manics still to be confirmed? something like this would turn what is a decent line up into a belter!

I'm well happy with the line-up. Can you imagine the atmosphere when 'Where's Your Head At?' kicks in?? Primals are normally really good live. Charlatans can be a bit variable, especially in recent years, largely down to their 'reinventing' (ie bollocksing up) their songs....but if they're on form when they do the likes of 'One To Another', 'North Country Boy', 'The Only One I Know', 'Sproston Green' its gonna be a great Saturday night

You know what....I felt that KC was punching above its weight lineup wise last year. I think that impacted on the lack of adequate investment of site infrastructure....which I have been fairly vocal about.

This year, I hope that the balance is better. And like I say, look around at other similar priced festivals....I reckon the KC headliners are the strongest out there for the price and size!