Looking for an answer or advice ?

Guest ramragon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last few years they have had the ridiculous "alcohol on the first trip only" rule in general camping. We were told by the organisers it wouldnt be happening last year. Sadly they didnt tell the entry stewards so we had to go back to get the trolley! Fortunately this was the Thursday so we didnt have the ridiculous que!

There was hell on last year, the rule wasn't supposed to be in place but some f the security didn't realise, from what I know the problem was rectified straight as soon as they could, I'd be amazed if that policy is in place this year.

There's bound to be an announcement in the run up to the festival clarifying what's happening

Sounds to me like you were one of the unlucky ones, from my understanding there was a mix up, the festival managers dropped the one trip rule, the wanna be cop security team were still enforcing it , when the festival found out they made sure security relaxed their stance .

Without sounding daft (it's our first time at Kendal) - you are allowed to make trips back and forward to the car park if needed, rather than being expected to bring everything at once and not go back to the car for the whole weekend? I'm trying to think of a safe way of stashing booze - don't want to leave it all in the tent in case it gets nicked, or am I being paranoid about thefts from tents? Been to a few festivals and not had anything nicked yet!

Would imagine they'll let you do several trips to the car for your stuff rather than one. I wouldnt worry about your booze being stolen either, way too heavy for tent thieves to make off with, they're after cash, phones, cameras and any dodgy tablets or smokes they can sell on. Every tent will be packed with booze and they're not gonna put themselves in a position of trying to do a runner with 40 cans of Stella !

Without sounding daft (it's our first time at Kendal) - you are allowed to make trips back and forward to the car park if needed, rather than being expected to bring everything at once and not go back to the car for the whole weekend? I'm trying to think of a safe way of stashing booze - don't want to leave it all in the tent in case it gets nicked, or am I being paranoid about thefts from tents? Been to a few festivals and not had anything nicked yet!

in 2010 when i was last there, we waiting till the saturday lunch time, left the field at the end of the track where the gate is, walked to the car, grabbed to rest of the drink, and walked back in via the main gate. took all of 15 minutes, wasnt many people around. hopefully do the same again this year. one of the main benefits of 'smaller festivals is not having to carry everything in one go. tent, snacks, clothes and a few drinks on the first trip, go back the next day for other stuff. jobs a good'un!

Are you sure that was in response to the question about how to display your flag at a festival?

Nowt wrong with flag's in the campsite though. But when some bell-end is waving the national flag of Namibia in front of your whilst you're trying to watch your favourite band it can get on your tits.