Welcome to the KC forum

LOCHLAND5

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Juliebean said:

Recently joined efestivals, but been a long time lurker!
Can't wait to come Kendall Calling this year - first year there so any tips as a *newbie*?

Welcome, its a bit quiet in here at the moment but i hope you enjoy the festival....perhaps a good bit of advice is to Choose where to pitch your tent wisely maybe?

• 2 months later...

Hey Everyone I'm Shaun. 

Be my first time at KC. Going with 4 other mates who are also all first timers. We are going up on the Thursday. We are all into our music, but haven't been to a festival in a few years other than sound city in Liverpool.

Any tips on where best to set up the tents etc? Essentials to bring with us? How far is the walk from parking to campsite? 

Can't wait for it all now, looks like a chilled festival and from reading on here seems that way too :)

1 hour ago, @corkyla said:

Hey Everyone I'm Shaun. 

Be my first time at KC. Going with 4 other mates who are also all first timers. We are going up on the Thursday. We are all into our music, but haven't been to a festival in a few years other than sound city in Liverpool.

Any tips on where best to set up the tents etc? Essentials to bring with us? How far is the walk from parking to campsite? 

Can't wait for it all now, looks like a chilled festival and from reading on here seems that way too :)

depends on your ages Shaun, but if your after a chilled weekend just suggest you stay away from the wolfwoods which is right next to the main arena entrance. if your arriving on the thursday then you should end up getting a pretty decent car spot so walking distance maybe half to 3/4 mile walk tops. site is very compact so nowhere is a trek away, water taps around the site boundaries so a decent water carrier is a decent shout. Jaegar tent (or whatever it is called) is a decent one to look out for (on the far end of the arena). pretty much just chillout DJ sets throughout the day is a beergarden style. haven't been in the night though. there is always 5+ things going on at the same time so we just tend to mooch about in the day stopping if we walk in on a group we like the sound of and then camp out infront of the main stage from early evening onwards.

On 16/07/2016 at 0:33 PM, bottonrob said:

depends on your ages Shaun, but if your after a chilled weekend just suggest you stay away from the wolfwoods which is right next to the main arena entrance. if your arriving on the thursday then you should end up getting a pretty decent car spot so walking distance maybe half to 3/4 mile walk tops. site is very compact so nowhere is a trek away, water taps around the site boundaries so a decent water carrier is a decent shout. Jaegar tent (or whatever it is called) is a decent one to look out for (on the far end of the arena). pretty much just chillout DJ sets throughout the day is a beergarden style. haven't been in the night though. there is always 5+ things going on at the same time so we just tend to mooch about in the day stopping if we walk in on a group we like the sound of and then camp out infront of the main stage from early evening onwards.

Cheers pal. Will stay away from wolfwoods then. We are 34+ one guy in 40s so looking for a chilled weekend. Though,s aging that, most of the guys are married so it's a weekend away for them not sure how chilled they'll be ha. 

Really looking forward to it now. It's going g to be fun!! 

• 11 months later...

Hi All,

Bit of a festival veteran but first time at Kendal this year. I've had 3 years away from festivals but back with a two year old in tow (yes, yes, I must be mental)! We have emperors fields tickets so looking forward to a short walk to the camping area and easy access to my car over the weekend. I've taken my older son to festivals but the youngest I took him was 10 yrs old. Any tips for taking toddlers (excluding locking them in the car) much appreciated. 

Steph

Edited by Clarkysteph

We've been taking our now 4 year old to festivals since she was 5 months old and she's always enjoyed them, the weather has always played a massive part in that though cos pushchairs and mud don't mix well and it can get frustrating if it rains all the time.

Only bit of advice I could give is, Don't plan on watching loads of stuff and anything you get to see is a bonus ! You've often got to work round their schedules so we took turns going back to tent at about 9 each night with the bairn. Not the best but daytime is more for families so you'll have your fun then

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Clarkysteph said:

Any tips for taking toddlers (excluding locking them in the car) much appreciated. 

One tip I'll give you is that if you're taking a pushchair, it's an ideal way to smuggle booze passed security! Make sure any booze is stored inside the pushchair, behind the little one...doubt security will go anywhere near them lol!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, ramragon said:

We've been taking our now 4 year old to festivals since she was 5 months old and she's always enjoyed them, the weather has always played a massive part in that though cos pushchairs and mud don't mix well and it can get frustrating if it rains all the time.

Only bit of advice I could give is, Don't plan on watching loads of stuff and anything you get to see is a bonus ! You've often got to work round their schedules so we took turns going back to tent at about 9 each night with the bairn. Not the best but daytime is more for families so you'll have your fun then

Thanks Ramragon. Yeah it's gonna be a different festival experience that's for sure! The weather is worrying me slightly, I've got a babyjogger pushchair so hoping the wheels will hold up, unless it's a complete washout that is. I've also got a framed back carrier in case the pushchair becomes impossible and also to give him a bit of a view of what's going on. I've seen some museum festivals in my time and I'm hoping and praying the weather will be kind to us. Thanks for the advice.

41 minutes ago, Mr_Grump said:

One tip I'll give you is that if you're taking a pushchair, it's an ideal way to smuggle booze passed security! Make sure any booze is stored inside the pushchair, behind the little one...doubt security will go anywhere near them lol!

Cheers Mr Grump, top tip! There's a bit of a secret back pocket behind the seat unit I'm already eyeing up!

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello bud, welcome to the forum. You've joined at the quiet part of the year but it will pick up sooner or later, feel free to chip in or have a stab at the line up prediction game. What could be better that going to you're first festival with the promise of numerous free pints and the bragging rights of topping the league !

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi all,

Long time lurker so I thought I'd pop on here to say hello.

My name is Sharon, 2015 was my 1st Kendal it rained, it was muddy but I loved it!

Myself and my husband Jp are taking our 16 year old son this year for his 1st festival experience.

Fingers, Toes & Eyes crossed for belting weather!!

Weird thing is.... my husband is called Jp and we're from Hartlepool. There is a guy on here with the name Pooly JP, from Hartlepool however is not my husband! I love strange sh!t like that !

7 minutes ago, MrsP said:

Hi all,

Long time lurker so I thought I'd pop on here to say hello.

My name is Sharon, 2015 was my 1st Kendal it rained, it was muddy but I loved it!

Myself and my husband Jp are taking our 16 year old son this year for his 1st festival experience.

Fingers, Toes & Eyes crossed for belting weather!!

Weird thing is.... my husband is called Jp and we're from Hartlepool. There is a guy on here with the name Pooly JP, from Hartlepool however is not my husband! I love strange sh!t like that !

Are you sure he is not your husband? you may have inadvertently stumbled on his secret efest life!!! 

24 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Are you sure he is not your husband? you may have inadvertently stumbled on his secret efest life!!! 

Holy crap, you maybe right!!! well I suppose if it is his secret efest identity I've gotten away lightly, there are worst sites to stumble across him on!!! :D:D

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pooly JP said:

haha I’m 90% sure I’m not your husband although Hartlepool being the way it is we probably related in somewhere along the line.

Aye, you're not wrong! It's a cool coincidence tho!

• 2 weeks later...