Welcome to the KC forum

LOCHLAND5

Not sure if that was me who said that as it's my motto in life!

And as regards to 'dead old', that's a very broad brush lol...a teenager could see me as dead old at 50, where as an 80 year old could see me as a young upstart!

Enjoy your first trip to KC...it's a great location which, this year, is supported by a great line up (I gave last year a miss due to the poor line up [in my opinion])

Yes it was your motto! I am in the same demographic as you sir and yes my kids see me as dead old.

I was just on another thread having a question answered by Ramragon (you get around fella :bye: ) and I shared a thought that the KC crowd are more of a 'go for the vibe and the line up is a bonus' rather than vice versa (like say V/Reading etc). But MickL you have already buggered that theory up!

Back to the drawing board.......

Cheers all

... I shared a thought that the KC crowd are more of a 'go for the vibe and the line up is a bonus' rather than vice versa (like say V/Reading etc). But MickL you have already buggered that theory up!

Back to the drawing board.......

Cheers all

Don't get me wrong, there's a great vibe (much better than Leeds) and a great bunch of regulars but the line up couldn't sway me to attend after doing Glastonbury (unlike 2013 where I did both).

I'd say the majority go because of the setting/atmosphere, with the line up being a bonus...made some good mates over the years...Lochland, Ramragon & Flamminglippy...looking forward to a catch up this year.

Apart from lippy, who despite 2 months of heckle has decided to go to Y Not !

Closer to the festival we'll try and arrange a meet up for anyone that fancies it at a time that suits and no doubt give Thurlow this year's free pints for guessing the most acts again ! Way too early to discuss a meet up yet though

Apart from lippy, who despite 2 months of heckle has decided to go to Y Not !

Closer to the festival we'll try and arrange a meet up for anyone that fancies it at a time that suits and no doubt give Thurlow this year's free pints for guessing the most acts again ! Way too early to discuss a meet up yet though

Dont think they're mine this year ramra, i'll be buying like the rest i predict

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd look at getting the official shuttle bus -

PENRITH STATION – FESTIVAL SHUTTLE BUS

Kendal Calling is at Lowther Deer Park, so it’s just 15 minutes on the dedicated shuttle bus from Penrith Railway Station to the festival. Please note in peak times we advise you allow ample time for your journey.

Penrith to the Festival

Thursday 10:00am – 6:45pm

Friday 7:00am – 7:15pm

The Festival to Penrith

Monday 5:15am – 13:15pm

You'll probably get a bit more response to questions or find some of the answers to questions you might have if you check the 'any help or advice thread' on the main page, this one's mainly used for introductions

Edited by ramragon

• 1 month later...

Hi new to the forum but have to say I was nosey on here all lastt year and found it a massive help to prepare me for my first KC at 45 went with the hubby and my daughter and her friend ( who wanted to be on their own ) so was totally unsure of everything . Thanks to you all I was the full of knowledge and totally prepared.Keep up the good work .

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, I've just signed up. My wife got us tickets for 2016 after I kicked up a stink that I was jealous of her going to 2015 for her hen do. We are going with 2 of our friends and will be in the live in vehicle field in our caravans. I cant wait now the line up has been announced.

• 2 weeks later...