Over-18 wristbands?

Guest music-fan4

You can show an ID to the place that gives over-18 wristbands and they'll give you one. I imagine they're fairly strict but I've never bothered.

One warning: an over-18 wristband isn't actually proof-of-age. If you have one, a stall is still legally obliged to ask you for 'real' ID. Many will see it and not bother, but they can and should still ask you for ID.

Just put it right down the bottom of your bag. They won't bother taking everything else out.

Wrap some cans in your sleeping bag and tent, they definitely won't find it in there.

That way you're sorted for the first night- and spend that night making friends with same 18 year olds ;)

They didn't have any snifers at the station Thursday lunchtime when I arrived, just some lost looking policement handing out free felt tip pens :P

Weed seemed to be the only drug not on site. If I'd been dealing I'd have come home minted. The amount of times I got asked was crazy. Most of it was 16 year olds going round like OMG I'M SOOOOOO DRUNK OFF THIS FREE BEER I SWAPPED MY RELENTLESS FOR IMMA DO SOMETHING CRAZY LETS TRY WEEEEEED, but still. By Saturday evening I was worried I looked like a druggie or something.

I don't think people even really bother trying :)

I got an over-18 wristband last year when i was on the way in with a fake id that looked nothing like me. The girl gave me a bit of a sceptical look but still gave me it. I think you'd be fine getting one with fake id.

I never actually tried to use the wristband/id to buy alcohol on -site but tesco accepted the id fine so just get stuff there and bring it down :)

I'm 18 so it was worth getting one as I would've had to take i.d. into the arena with me.

At Leeds a fella in his late 20s had to ask me to get him a pack of fags because he didn't have an over 18 wristband on, you had to have either i.d. or a wristband, don't know whether that's the same as Reading though.

Edited by Gaucho