Emperors field ?

Guest ramragon

Depends what you want them for, if its to get a good camping spot as opposed to general camping then its probably not essential, the field wasn't stupidly full on the Thursday last year and there were plenty of spots available.

If you wanna go on Thursday to soak up the atmosphere, relax and have a few beers then get em, worth the money for the relaxed start.

If the tent you're taking is big then you may wanna get a Thursday ticket for emperors so you can find a spacious enough spot to put it up on rather than hope to find one on Friday.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its much more relaxed arriving and setting up Thursday, I heard a lot of people saying they struggled to get in quickly last year queuing for hours on Friday morning but I think that was more general camping than emperor's field. The organisers were looking at speeding entry up this year.

The times I've gone I've always booked Thursday tickets because I like a chilled start to the festival rather than rushed panic. 2 years ago the emperors was virtually empty Thursday night but last year is say it was at least half full by Thursday night, seems like a lot of people took the Thursday option. I know its stated that tickets are limited, don't know what they're limited to though !

Don't think there are any specific tips for the emperors, people aren't crammed in like general camping so you have a bit more space to enjoy. Not sure where the emperors field will be this year but it'll be somewhere different to last year I would guess.

Not just beaten up but beaten up big time !

To be fair if you camped this year there would be a major list of suspects as to who did the trashing from people you wound up in general, angry hotpot fans , angry scotsmen who you heckled with the krankies and ginger wigs.

Probably be about 20% of the audience in the line up !

I had almost forgotten about last night.....

If anything last nights game was probably worse. I had to watch it sober as I`m well full of the cold after hampden on Friday. Worst of all I have committed to a trip to Wembley 14/8. Not sure Rooney etc will be overly worried. The way things are going I might get a game.

• 1 month later...