Barry Fish

General News Discussion

12 hours ago, zahidf said:

Just London's craft beer pubs.

Really not a good look. Entitled middle-class London hipster judging the entire working class as stupid.

1 minute ago, kaosmark2 said:

Really not a good look. Entitled middle-class London hipster judging the entire working class as stupid.

Bloody hell it was a joke about craft beer pubs. I go to wine bars as well.

Also, hipster?

Edited by zahidf

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

so that's a no then. No self-respecting real pub would sell that over-priced shite.

I'd completely agree with over-priced. I wouldn't agree with shite. Most of it is just a re-branding of pale ales to appeal to the hipster market and charge an extra £1.50/pint. Some are better, some are worse, very few are worth the extra price.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Bloody hell it was a joke about craft beer pubs. I go to wine bars as well.

*whoosh*

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Also, hipster?

Describing it as "craft beer" was just a way of selling ales to hipsters who don't want to look like old men.

7 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

I'd completely agree with over-priced. I wouldn't agree with shite. Most of it is just a re-branding of pale ales to appeal to the hipster market and charge an extra £1.50/pint. Some are better, some are worse, very few are worth the extra price.

Where would you put Punk IPA ? It's pretty much everywhere nowadays but is a craft beer really.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Where would you put Punk IPA ? It's pretty much everywhere nowadays but is a craft beer really.

I'd put it with Apple. A lifestyle brand that people are happy to pay double what its really worth to be seen with.

Edited by lost

11 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

it's shite because it's over-priced, and the triumph of marketing over substance.

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Overpriced shite by a marketing company masquerading as a brewery that goes and sues real independent pubs.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's shite because it's over-priced, and the triumph of marketing over substance.

Won't contest that.

8 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

So apparently Labour MPs will get a free vote in their second ref (labour deal Vs remain). Can only end well. 

Yeah looking that way.. Allows Jez to campaign for his leave deal whilst say Tom Watson can still push to remain. I'd expect the remainer centrists to be trigger balloted then.

Question for me is this "customs union" that the unions think they can get from the EU. Which happens first, the EU cave in or Jez dies of old age.

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, rock the clock said:

So apparently Labour MPs will get a free vote in their second ref (labour deal Vs remain). Can only end well. 

Nope. :( 

There'll defo be some of the Unions supporting brexit, and I reckon it's likely Jez will too.

1 hour ago, lost said:

Question for me is this "customs union" that the unions think they can get from the EU. Which happens first, the EU cave in or Jez dies of old age.

the standard CU is available if we want it. Anything else is unicorns.

So the standard CU will end up on Labour's deal.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the standard CU is available if we want it. Anything else is unicorns.

So the standard CU will end up on Labour's deal.

How long before they accept that though? McCluskey last night said the options were remain with labour fighting to reform the existing CU into what they want or a new CU with what they want. What happens when they find out state aid rules are non-negotiable?

Jez's answer when asked a few months ago was "we will keep negotiating" hence the he'll be dead first comment.

Edited by lost

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

There'll defo be some of the Unions supporting brexit, and I reckon it's likely Jez will too.

Think its all the unions. Peston mentioned he thought it'd be a unite push but all of them supported unanimously the "better labour deal"

Edited by lost

5 minutes ago, lost said:

What happens when they find out state aid rules are non-negotiable?

Who knows?

Tho there's a bit of scope for a looser interpretation of the rules, as other countries do.

The real problem is that Labour aren't keen to face reality about the industries they'll want to state-support - for instance, steel. The reason it's failing is because there's worldwide over-capacity, and the UK's over-capacity is part of the problem. We're no longer steel supplier to the world and won't be again; those days went when other countries created their own steel industries.

Our steel industry needs to shrink to be somewhere around the size needed for the UK market - and that's something the likes of Jez would never endorse.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Red Len was on TV saying he reckons a Labour negotiated deal can work. 

I'd expect Jez to back it too, with the majority of his party opposing it. What a fucking mess. 

I see Farage wants a free shot at 90 Labour seats - plus a guarantee of no-deal - as his price for a deal with the tories.

I can't really see that one as acceptable to the tory party even if Johnson was keen for it - so hopefully that's a dead duck and Farage will split the tory vote.

I've gotta say i'm surprised that Johnson didn't get a deal lined-up in advance. Perhaps he'll get Trump to lean on Farage.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I see Farage wants a free shot at 90 Labour seats - plus a guarantee of no-deal - as his price for a deal with the tories.

I can't really see that one as acceptable to the tory party even if Johnson was keen for it - so hopefully that's a dead duck and Farage will split the tory vote.

I've gotta say i'm surprised that Johnson didn't get a deal lined-up in advance. Perhaps he'll get Trump to lean on Farage.

Didn't just say no: told them to go Fuck themselves

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Didn't just say no: told them to go Fuck themselves

Good to see. :)

Not entirely sure it'll make any difference in the end. I think Farage doesn't have much interest in getting elected or running a party.

49 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Absolute scumbags trying to damage the country for profit.

And yet complete bollocks. Just taking a list of all the shorts in UK companies and then linking it to brexit shows a child like understanding of the markets. In fact some of those shorts will be due to if Corbyn gets in, the companies that run outsourced public sector contracts for example.

I can see why the site is "what the papers don't say" probably because they have some competent people still working for them.

Edited by lost