Barry Fish

General News Discussion

1 hour ago, Lad said:

Anyone think ...

... you might actually answer any of the relevant points?

How does Turks having access to some of the EU damage the EU?

What the fuck does this have to do with the UK when it doesn't give them access to the UK?

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

All labour mps should vote for a GNU!

If that is the only option available then I hope they will.  For all the talk about the Lib Dems my instinct is that there wouldnt be the numbers even if they all supported Jez plan. I agree that you probably need 10 tory MPs to be willing to put Jez in as short term PM, I dont believe the numbers are there.

1 hour ago, Lad said:

Turkey was committed to joining the EU.

What of it? :rolleyes: 

The fact is it's further away from joining now than it was when it first applied all those decades ago.

It only gets to join if it meets the criteria, AND if the member states agree.

If it ever meets the criteria and the member states agree to it joining, it logically follows that there won't be any reasons to fear it as a member.

1 hour ago, Lad said:

You are pig shit thick if you imagine 82 million people with the lawful right to travel in the EU won't affect things.You're stark raving mad.

they've already got the lawful right to travel in the EU. :rolleyes: 

And just about all the Turks that want to live in the EU are already living in the EU ... and in fact plenty from Germany are returning to Turkey.

1 hour ago, Lad said:

This is apart from the argument when you said all I posted wasnt true.

what you posted was not true. :rolleyes: 

You claimed the Turkish foreign minister had said a particular thing. He didn't say that thing or anything like it.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Your wrong. The letter specifically says remain would be an option on a referendum. Last line

You're wrong. Remain being an option on the ballot doesn't stop brexit. 

20 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I meant Tory mps abstaining. All labour mps should vote for a GNU!

it's unlikely all will, whether it's Jez or someone else being put forwards as PM. Likewise with some of the other non-tory MPs.

Which means a GNU is going to need more than just the one tory. Realistically it probably needs about 10.

29 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Your wrong. The letter specifically says remain would be an option on a referendum. Last line

Different letter isn't it.. thats the point, whats the term they use " constructive ambiguity" It'll change again next week.

This is the letter I quoted from:

A letter from Jeremy Corbyn on our Brexit position. 

“I am proud to lead the Labour Party – the greatest political party and social movement in this country. 

We all recognise that the issue of Brexit has been divisive in our communities and sometimes in our party too. 

As democrats, Labour accepted the result of the 2016 referendum. In our 2017 manifesto, Labour also committed to oppose a No Deal Brexit and the Tories’ Brexit plans – which threatened jobs, living standards, and the open multicultural society that we as internationalists value so much. 

I want to pay tribute to Keir Starmer and the shadow Brexit team for holding the Government to account during this process. That helped secure a meaningful vote on their deal – which we then defeated three times – including inflicting the largest ever defeat on any Government. And following their refusal to publish their legal advice, this Government became the first to be held in contempt of Parliament. 

Labour set out a compromise plan to try to bring the country together based around a customs union, a strong single market relationship and protection of environmental regulations and rights at work. We continue to believe this is a sensible alternative that could bring the country together. 

But the Prime Minister refused to compromise and was unable to deliver, so we ended cross-party talks. 

Now both Tory leadership candidates are threatening a No Deal Brexit – or at best a race to the bottom and a sweetheart deal with Donald Trump: that runs down industry, opens up our NHS and other public services to yet more privatisation, and shreds environmental protections, rights at work and consumer standards. 

I have spent the past few weeks consulting with the shadow cabinet, MPs, affiliated unions and the NEC. I have also had feedback from members via the National Policy Forum consultation on Brexit. 

Whoever becomes the new Prime Minister should have the confidence to put their deal, or No Deal, back to the people in a public vote. 

In those circumstances, I want to make it clear that Labour would campaign for Remain against either No Deal or a Tory deal that does not protect the economy and jobs. 

Labour has a crucial, historic duty to safeguard jobs, rights and living standards. But no Brexit outcome alone can do that. 

We need a general election. After nine years of austerity, too many people in this country cannot find decent secure well-paid work and have to rely on public services that have been severely cut back. 

Our country is ravaged by inequality and rising poverty, huge regional imbalances of investment, and the government is failing to tackle the climate emergency facing us all. 

That is why we need a Labour government to end austerity and rebuild our country for the many, not the few.” 

Signed, Jeremy Corbyn, Leader of the Labour Party 

Edited by lost

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

You're wrong. Remain being an option on the ballot doesn't stop brexit. 

Not even lib dems and greens are advocating revoke without a referendum/election...

6 minutes ago, lost said:

Different letter isn't it.. thats the point, whats the term they use " constructive ambiguity" It'll change again next week.

Much like the Tory positions I guess. 

Just now, zahidf said:

Much like the Tory positions I guess. 

Yes So Swinson is right to stick to her guns until she gets a firm commitment.

Good example of the tiny mined,myopic worldview is to think if its happening 25 miles from Dover or 25 yards on the Dundalk road it won't affect the UK.The level of delusion is off the planet.

Loss of fisheries.

Loss of control of immigration.

Automatic lowering of wages unless the laws of supply and demand have suddenly stopped.

Large numbers of EU nationals in UK prisons.Social and financial cost of that?

Pressure on housing.

Pressure on health provision.

Pressure on schooling.

Pressure on transport infrastructure. 

Royal Mail forced to change. (It worked for over a century).

Transfer of powers to apparatchiks.

Loss of sovereignty.Qualified majority voting.

Massive digital censorship on its way.French government to decide what's fake news as to what's approved.Germany to decide new hate law as.You'd never guess that to cricise mass,uncontrolled immigration will be hateful.Cooper and Clegg champions of censorship is no surprise.EU s cientologists always are.

https://reclaimthenet.org/eu-digital-services-act/

Plans for EU army,one foreign policy,one currency,one fiscal policy,one taxation policy.

Destruction of the nation state to be replaced by a totalitarian police state.

Blair,Campbell,Mandelson,Osborne,Cameron,Soubry,Lammy.All compromised.

Thats without having a good look.

You only have to read posts on here that support for the EU is the equilavent to support for facist anti democrats.

Collaborators. 😁

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Not even lib dems and greens are advocating revoke without a referendum/election...

but they have taken a position around what they'll be supporting in a referendum.

Jez hasn't done, and the Libs and others are being asked to support what might not be the thing they support.

Yeah so for someone quick to ask questions but never answer them (you cant) why are you keeping up the lies of the Russia hoax?Why did you chat such shit about expicit Turkish government policy?For someone always wailing about racism why are you such an up your own arse snobby bigot?Why are you pretending that the Epstein affair is an everyday occurrence?Even your msn masters and rulers think its very strange.Why do you accept,without question,every msm bullet point put in front of you?Why are you so thick that you accept the official story everytime?What's stopping you thinking for yourself even once?Who in their right mind can see no flaws in the EU?Who in their right mind thinks reform of the EU is ever going to happen?

The last questions are a tad unfair its because of your indoctrination.

The biggest question is a sort of who do you think you are again.Its a general one to all the nerds on here.Who the fuck do you think you are to try and overturn a vote cos your pissy pants dont like it?You're worse than ex dictators.Your anti democratic mind sets fits perfectly with the EU.No surprise there.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Good example of the tiny mined,myopic worldview is to think if its happening 25 miles from Dover or 25 yards on the Dundalk road it won't affect the UK.The level of delusion is off the planet.

Loss of fisheries.

Not loss. A share, same as other things are shared in a world we share.

Meanwhile, UK fishing licence holders happily flog them off to Spaniards, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Loss of control of immigration.

a mutual agreement, same as all other immigration deals the UK has done around the world.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Automatic lowering of wages unless the laws of supply and demand have suddenly stopped.

because you think you deserve more than someone on from Greece?

Why? The geezer from Greece has a brain and skills, and isn't a lifetime dole-y.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Large numbers of EU nationals in UK prisons.

Large numbers of UK nationals in prisons all round the world.

Your mate the Turk is helping your mates the Muslims bang them up too.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Social and financial cost of that?

Same as it ever was. The family on the outside stuff the consequences of the crim in prison.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Pressure on housing.

Lots of easy housing in Liverpool. My kid has no problems.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Pressure on health provision.

:lol: - that's caused by you you making immigrants feel unwelcome.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Pressure on schooling.

there's no particular pressure on schooling caused by EU immigration. The parents are working and paying taxes and contributing more than no-brain British scummers like you.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Pressure on transport infrastructure. 

because it's always been so well run...? :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Transfer of powers to apparatchiks.

I know. That Damian Cummings is a right c**t.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Loss of sovereignty.

all mutual agreements are a loss of sovereignty. :rolleyes: 

WTO terms? loss of sovereignty.
Trade deal with the USA? Loss of sovereignty.
Etc, etc, etc.

And the US is demanding a greater loss of sovereignty from the UK for a trade deal than the EU ever demanded. The USA wants control of Sterling (go read the docs!).

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Qualified majority voting.

oh no, we don't always get our own way on minor things. Disaster!

After all, those forrins don't deserve a say themselves, right?

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Massive digital censorship on its way.

fake news.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

French government to decide what's fake news as to what's approved.Germany to decide new hate law as.

fake news about fake news. :rolleyes: 

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Plans for EU army

The UK has a veto, until it doesn;t - when an EU army becomes more likely.

But there's no proposal for "an EU army" anyway. Just an idea of having greater co-operation.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

one foreign policy,

Lie.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

one currency

Lie.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

one fiscal policy

Lie.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

one taxation policy.

Lie.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Destruction of the nation state to be replaced by a totalitarian police state.

Lie.

You've really swallowed the idiots playbook haven't you?

No checkup on that collarbone today?

7 minutes ago, Lad said:

the Russia hoax?

did Russia interfer with the US election? Yup.
did Russia target the Trump team for collaberation? Yup.

8 minutes ago, Lad said:

expicit Turkish government policy

there's govt policy and then there's what a govt can't do even if it's their policy. 

Like the govt policy of a UK trade deal with the USA that it can't get from the USA if it fucks over the GFA.

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

The biggest question is a sort of who do you think you are again.Its a general one to all the nerds on here.Who the fuck do you think you are to try and overturn a vote cos your pissy pants dont like it?You're worse than ex dictators.Your anti democratic mind sets fits perfectly with the EU.No surprise there.

I dont remember much talk about No deal Brexit during the referendum campaign.  In a democracy its nice for people to have some idea what they are voting for.

10 minutes ago, Lad said:

the Epstein affair is an everyday occurrence?

I suggest you check how very many - mostly 'white British' - sex offenders there are in UK prisons. 

11 minutes ago, Lad said:

Who in their right mind can see no flaws in the EU?

who said there's no flaws in the EU?

Who in their right mind can't see you've got serious mental problems?

12 minutes ago, Lad said:

Who in their right mind thinks reform of the EU is ever going to happen?

Oh, I dunno, perhaps the hundreds of millions of people who have seen the EEC/EC/EU reforming every year during it's time?

8 minutes ago, Lad said:

Who the fuck do you think you are to try and overturn a vote cos your pissy pants dont like it?

Am very happy for the vote to be honoured. 

Get back to me when there's £350M a week for the NHS, a better deal with the EU from the outside than as a member, and "we can be like Norway".

Who do you think you are to try and overturn a vote cos your pissy pants don't like it?

26 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Am very happy for the vote to be honoured. 

Get back to me when there's £350M a week for the NHS, a better deal with the EU from the outside than as a member, and "we can be like Norway".

Who do you think you are to try and overturn a vote cos your pissy pants don't like it?

Good well honour it and stf up.

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

did Russia interfer with the US election? Yup.
did Russia target the Trump team for collaberation? Yup.

The only interference was by the DNC and the Clinton campaign.It's all out only cranks believe otherwise.The hoax, which for reasons only you know continue to lie through your teeth about,was that the Trump campaign acted with Russia.Even msm have moved quickly on to white supremacy which of course you believe without question.😂

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Oh, I dunno, perhaps the hundreds of millions of people who have seen the EEC/EC/EU reforming every year during it's time?

Reforming to be like a totalatarian superstate.This is your reform?Thats why Cameron came back with nothing.Like you they're facists.

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

who said there's no flaws in the EU?

Who in their right mind can't see you've got serious mental problems?

It's the gulags again.You're mad if you don't believe the establishment story says the brainwashed dupe.😂