Barry Fish

General News Discussion

12 minutes ago, Lad said:

So your bias and prejudice outrank their PhDs?Sure.I don't believe anything you say.

No. My knowledge is good enough to see the holes in what they're saying.

There's many more engineers with the same qualies who say they're talking crap than there are engineers who claim it was blown up, but hey, let's just ignore the facts to go with the prejudice that you're operating to. :rolleyes: 

As an expert engineer run me through why and how they've got the science wrong.

I'm not an expert, I just don't ignore physics or facts. 

1. They claim the fire couldn't have weaken the metal. It's bull.

2. they claim the collapse is triggered by explosives. And yet if it is it's explosives they're on every single floor, with the explosion on every floor timed precisely to happen the moment the collapsing building falls to that floor - and yet that's not how professional demolishion is done.

Who knew that individual floors weren't designed to hold the weight of all of the building above it? You and those 'expert' engineers. :lol: 

You'll have to read what they say before you argue against it of course.Things like sulphur in the steel,molten steel pouring down WTC2,the absence of deceleration kinda thing.

I'm sure your experience of fixing watering cans in the shed will leave them struggling.

Oh, so there's conspiracy engineers saying the metal did melt? That's a new one on me, the original was about how it couldn't have even been weakened. :lol: 

The absence of deceleration is pretty easy. It's countered by the increasing force from the increasing falling mass. Basic physics. Newton's law.

Edited by eFestivals

good job we're leaving the EU, what with the EEC/EC/EU failing - © brexit loons 1975-2019.

And it's a damned good job that Germany is in such trouble, it's clearly about to go bankrupt.

• Poland: Grew by 0.8% in Q2, quarter-on-quarter
  • Portugal: Grew by 0.5%
  • Spain: Grew by 0.5%
  • Netherlands: Grew by 0.5%
  • Belgium: Grew by 0.2%
  • France: Grew by 0.2%
  • Italy: Stagnated
  • Sweden: Contracted by 0.1%
  • Germany: Contracted by 0.1%
  • The UK: Contracted by 0.2%
  • The Eurozone: Grew by 0.2%
  • The EU: Grew by 0.2%

Damned good job that Trump hasn't driven the USA into recession too, eh?

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

good job we're leaving the EU, what with the EEC/EC/EU failing - © brexit loons 1975-2019.

And it's a damned good job that Germany is in such trouble, it's clearly about to go bankrupt.

• Poland: Grew by 0.8% in Q2, quarter-on-quarter
  • Portugal: Grew by 0.5%
  • Spain: Grew by 0.5%
  • Netherlands: Grew by 0.5%
  • Belgium: Grew by 0.2%
  • France: Grew by 0.2%
  • Italy: Stagnated
  • Sweden: Contracted by 0.1%
  • Germany: Contracted by 0.1%
  • The UK: Contracted by 0.2%
  • The Eurozone: Grew by 0.2%
  • The EU: Grew by 0.2%

Damned good job that Trump hasn't driven the USA into recession too, eh?

Where's your optimism, man?

You just need to believe in the British spirit. It carried us through the blitz! And we survived that! Except, y'know, those that didn't!

Yippee some real news at last its how the world's about to end cos of brexit.At least its not the same old crap we've been listening to for 3 solid bleedin years.Thank God for that graph we can know the future at last.

Remaining scientologists must be the most depressed and depressing bunch in known history.😂

6 minutes ago, Lad said:

Yippee some real news at last its how the world's about to end cos of brexit.At least its not the same old crap we've been listening to for 3 solid bleedin years.Thank God for that graph we can know the future at last.

Remaining scientologists must be the most depressed and depressing bunch in known history.😂

I wouldn't have expected anything else from you - dismissing evidence, yet again.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I wouldn't have expected anything else from you - dismissing evidence, yet again.

Projection at its best.

Any evidence you've seen that might be positive?Things like investment in the country,lowest unemployment for many years,an offer from the US about being first in the queue for a trade deal.Or does it only count if you want to make things worse than they are?Nothing positive at all just unremitting misery?

Everyone's heard it all before and even if its true nobody believes it.Its nonsense that's been proved wrong time after time.You've all been shouting wolf so often it's lost its impact.And nobody likes a pile of miserable gobshites who think they're superior to everybody else.

Any negative news from the EU?Starters for 10.Deutsche Bank,the longest continuous protests for more than 50 years in France,Italy still in recession,massive unemployment  (especially youth)that still scars large swathes of southern Europe.You always miss that evidence.If posts on here are anything to go by you're clueless about anything outside your purses and your embarrassing gutlessness.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

No. My knowledge is good enough to see the holes in what they're saying.

There's many more engineers with the same qualies who say they're talking crap than there are engineers who claim it was blown up, but hey, let's just ignore the facts to go with the prejudice that you're operating to. :rolleyes: 

I'm not an expert, I just don't ignore physics or facts. 

1. They claim the fire couldn't have weaken the metal. It's bull.

2. they claim the collapse is triggered by explosives. And yet if it is it's explosives they're on every single floor, with the explosion on every floor timed precisely to happen the moment the collapsing building falls to that floor - and yet that's not how professional demolishion is done.

Who knew that individual floors weren't designed to hold the weight of all of the building above it? You and those 'expert' engineers. :lol: 

Oh, so there's conspiracy engineers saying the metal did melt? That's a new one on me, the original was about how it couldn't have even been weakened. :lol: 

The absence of deceleration is pretty easy. It's countered by the increasing force from the increasing falling mass. Basic physics. Newton's law.

Professional demolition has to take out supporting pillars or it doesn't fall.Yeah the explosions were throughout the building as was planned.No I think that the molten metal thinking is cos of videos of metal melting.

The absence of deceleration shows,through Newtons Law,the opposite to what you're claiming. According to some scientists that is.

"Based on Newtons Third Law of Motion,which states for every action there has to be an equal and opposite action,we know that there would have been a deceleration of WTC1's upper section if it had impacted and crushed the intact structure below it.The absence of deceleration is incontrovertible proof that another force (i.e.explosives)must have been responsible for destroying the lower structure before the upper section reached it."

Here's the molten metal and what looks a lot like a big explosion.This is a video made at the scene and time so don't start going on about sources etc.

48 minutes ago, Lad said:

Any evidence you've seen that might be positive?Things like investment in the country,

Investment has fallen off a cliff since brexit.

lowest unemployment for many years

Unemployment has just gone up for the first time in years.

The working total is fairly impressive, until you notice the new jobs are fairly shit jobs on lower wages and the growing number of unproductives.

an offer from the US about being first in the queue for a trade deal.

with a faster offer from the EU, a better offer from the EU, a bigger offer from the EU, and an offer from the EU which won't require us to sell off the NHS or lower food standards.

Oh, and where the EU comes with another 69 attached trade deals, while we'd be first in the queue for our first trade deal with the USA.

Oh, and the USA will insist we play their stupid games against China and Iran as part of it, too, as well as the USA demanding control of Sterling (you've read the docs, right?).

Or does it only count if you want to make things worse than they are?Nothing positive at all just unremitting misery?

You haven't offered anything positive.

You've offered something inferior to what we already have.

Everyone's heard it all before and even if its true nobody believes it.

No, that's you who even when it's true doesn't believe it.

Its nonsense that's been proved wrong time after time.

lol - yeah, raising barriers to trade has no effect on trade. That's a proven fact (if you're insane and invent your own facts).

You've all been shouting wolf so often it's lost its impact.

you rejecting reality is why it's lost its impact.

You won't be able to reject the reality or impact of your stupidity - like happened in the pub bogs, remember? 

And nobody likes a pile of miserable gobshites who think they're superior to everybody else.

As you found out in the pub bogs. :lol:  

Any negative news from the EU?Starters for 10.Deutsche Bank,the longest continuous protests for more than 50 years in France,

A German bank, not an EU bank.
An EU member, not the EU.

:rolleyes: 

Italy still in recession,

:lol: - I just posted the numbers which says it's not. 

massive unemployment  (especially youth)that still scars large swathes of southern Europe.

while youth unemployment is worse in some other European countries, there's not the difference that numbers complied to different methods suggests there is. 

You do know youth unemployment is high in this country too, right?

You always miss that evidence.

says the guy who missed the evidence about Italy posted just above. :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Lad said:

Professional demolition has to take out supporting pillars or it doesn't fall.

the floors above the impact point collapsed, to create a force that took out the supporting pillars.

As proven by science and facts and other awkward things from reality.

6 minutes ago, Lad said:

Here's the molten metal

and you say it was impossible for the building to collapse. :lol: 

8 minutes ago, Lad said:

what looks a lot like a big explosion

do you think a space contracts without there being an opposite reaction caused by the pressure from contracting space? :lol: 

As you move a big flat thing downwards at speed, air is forced out at pressure from the sides.

Fuck me, it doesn't get more basic.

9 hours ago, eFestivals said:

the point of a national govt (should it happen) is to deal with one particular aspect - brexit. 

The other parties would back a national govt to stop brexit. Jez wants to be PM to make brexit happen and to be PM for more than just brexit.

It's far from an unreasonable red line for them to say Jez can't be PM. He doesn't match with the aims.

If Jez thinks the brexit crisis is about putting him in power, he's wrong.

If he wants to stop brexit he knows what to do. If he wants to ensure brexit happens he just needs to keep on keeping on and accept the consequences onto Labour of his choice.

But his aim is to stop no deal brexit happening on Oct 31st. That's the same as the rebel mps. 

Labour policy is also to call for a general election asap. The plan is for Jez to call an election soon after he's got an extension from Europe.  As leader of the opposition, he's perfectly justified to expect to be PM if Johnson is vote of no confidenced 

3 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Who does Corbyn oppose? 

Being pm? Anyone but him I guess!

The lib dems are playing games and being hypocritical 

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

But his aim is to stop no deal brexit happening on Oct 31st. That's the same as the rebel mps. 

Not quite. He wants to stop that no-deal to make a different bad deal. The others don't want a bad deal.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

The plan is for Jez to call an election soon after he's got an extension from Europe.

Is it? I've seen that reported nowhere at all.

Jez says the other parties need to back him so there can be a Labour govt, and he won't be making any deals over it.

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

As leader of the opposition, he's perfectly justified to expect to be PM if Johnson is vote of no confidenced 

Nope. The vote would be a vote of no confidence in the current govt, not a vote to make someone else PM instead.

A VONC leads to a process, where he can only be expected to be PM (without an election) if other MPs are prepared to support him for that role.

If MPs can get behind someone other than him, that's just how it goes. There is no power to him by default, and he's wrong to believe that there is (if he does).

But anyway, this wouldn't be any normal VONC, it would be a vote to remove the govt to deal with one particular issue, and an issue that Corbyn continues to obfuscate about. He's ruled himself out by chasing unicorns no different to Johnson. 

Just now, zahidf said:

I don't disagree that the libdems are also playing games, but Corbyn is not playing this honestly either.

He's trying to use the circumstances to make himself PM, when that's nothing to do with anything for why Johnson has to go.

He could of called a vote of no confidence and won the minute Boris was made pm. He’s delayed it as he sees the brexit chaos purely as a tool which will make a labour victory more likely. He’s quite happy to leave the eu as he has been for the last 30+ years.. The Lib Dem’s are fighting to remain which is why they won’t support him

22 minutes ago, lost said:

He could of called a vote of no confidence and won the minute Boris was made pm.

I don't think he would have won, so while a NC motion needed to go in then to ensure a GE before 31st Oct, I can't really get angry at at him for what looks like being a fatal cock-up in the fight against brexit.

There doesn't really need to be another reason to string him up for being shit over brexit. ;) 

He’s delayed it as he sees the brexit chaos purely as a tool which will make a labour victory more likely. He’s quite happy to leave the eu as he has been for the last 30+ years..

I certainly think he's happy to leave the EU and doesn't see it as a big deal, but i don't think he's smart enough to be plotting that much. I think he's just shit.

(the 4M's however, that's a different thing).

The Lib Dem’s are fighting to remain which is why they won’t support him

Yup.

I saw a 4 point plan that was being suggested for a unity PM, which was a ref on brexit, an emergency chunk of anti-austerity money, electoral reform, and some extra green stuff (I forget what exactly) which was being aimed as something for everyone.

Problem is I can't see enough Labour MPs going against the leadership. :( 

I don't really like knocking Greta cos her heart is clearly in the right place, but I reckon she's made a bad error taking a very expensive and resource-hungry private yacht to the US.

Cos i reckon a usage per-person measure against resources for that yacht (including its building) would be waaaay more than her getting on a high-use designed-with-efficiency-in-mind plane.

And at the same time, it's helping to reinforce the idea that we can be green and still have high levels of personal consumption like a private yacht when reducing personal consumption - any and all consumption - is the greatest* change we can each make.

(* except stopping having kids. Nothing gets close to that for environmental impact).

We don't need bad gestures, we need facts about what is best and the bottle to change our lives to do what's best.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

As leader of the opposition, he's perfectly justified to expect to be PM if Johnson is vote of no confidenced 

I disagree. I think being the leader of the opposition means he is entitled to have the first attempt to get the numbers together. If he can't, then it becomes a numbers game to see if someone else can.

Phil Hammond may be anti Boris and anti no deal, but I don't think he will help send Jez to number 10. He may be willing to send a consensus candidate like Cooper or Ken Clarke, but would enough in labour agree to bypass Jez? It's why I think the anti no deal MPs will struggle to find a consensus.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Being pm? Anyone but him I guess!

Name me a politician/party not playing games!

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Not quite. He wants to stop that no-deal to make a different bad deal. The others don't want a bad deal.

Is it? I've seen that reported nowhere at all.

Jez says the other parties need to back him so there can be a Labour govt, and he won't be making any deals over it.

Nope. The vote would be a vote of no confidence in the current govt, not a vote to make someone else PM instead.

A VONC leads to a process, where he can only be expected to be PM (without an election) if other MPs are prepared to support him for that role.

If MPs can get behind someone other than him, that's just how it goes. There is no power to him by default, and he's wrong to believe that there is (if he does).

But anyway, this wouldn't be any normal VONC, it would be a vote to remove the govt to deal with one particular issue, and an issue that Corbyn continues to obfuscate about. He's ruled himself out by chasing unicorns no different to Johnson. 

The rebel Tories (in general, not all of them) want to stop no deal to replace it with another deal ( mays one I assume!). They aren't trying to stop Brexit either.

It's a bit rich for swinson to be happy to go into coalition with the Tories but not Jez to stop no deal brexit.

Jez has made clear that he will offer a second referendum with remain on the ballot. I'd be very surprised if that didn't pass labour conference

And electorally, labour would be mental to undermine their leader before a general election. He's the leader of their party so they can't support someone else over him for PM before a general election.

53 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I disagree. I think being the leader of the opposition means he is entitled to have the first attempt to get the numbers together. If he can't, then it becomes a numbers game to see if someone else can.

Phil Hammond may be anti Boris and anti no deal, but I don't think he will help send Jez to number 10. He may be willing to send a consensus candidate like Cooper or Ken Clarke, but would enough in labour agree to bypass Jez? It's why I think the anti no deal MPs will struggle to find a consensus.

Hammond and starmer have been talking loads. As I said, it may be the only option. 

I don't think there is a legitimate worry that Jez would refuse to leave number 10 after requesting an extension.  The remainers can withdraw his support if they did