Barry Fish

General News Discussion

22 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It is important that labour do not underestimate Boris as leader. He is charismatic and has won in a labour area. Labour have struggled to beat one of the least charismatic leaders the country has ever had. The party really needs to do much better.

to be fair, Johnson won in London more because people didn't come out to vote for Labour than because of any great upsurge in the vote because of him.

But yeah, he shouldn't be under-estimated. He might be shit but people seem to love him.

13 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Boris is gonna mop the floor with Jezza in PMQs

probably, tho Johnson might stuff himself up with his inability to do detail.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

probably, tho Johnson might stuff himself up with his inability to do detail.

But May was never any good with that either, she was just like questioning a cardboard cut-out with the same 4 lines pre-recorded. Against someone who's actually quite good at not answering questions, Corbyn's gonna flap (like he did against Cameron).

I actually think Jeremy Corbyn will make Boris Johnson look better than he is until he has to make any significant decisions (by which time its too late). Dire times ahead no matter who you support at this point.

24 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

to be fair, Johnson won in London more because people didn't come out to vote for Labour than because of any great upsurge in the vote because of him.

But yeah, he shouldn't be under-estimated. He might be shit but people seem to love him.

Needs to worry about his own party at the moment more of he carries on down the no deal route.. 

I should have put money on this.

Said to Mrs Q that brexit would be voted for. Trump would get in and Boris would PM (Thought it would happen earlier) also that we would end up with no deal which I have sobbed about on here a few times. 

Never know whether someone is just seeing what the fuck it would all look like  for a giggle ( yes I know it is a lot of things really) but fuck it is like picking a scab or something. 

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

But here's some stuff for feral to take on board:
- around half AS the complaints looked at since January involved current members.

Don't understand the significance. I thought they would all be current members.

13 hours ago, eFestivals said:

- over half of the cases referred to the NCC have resulted in the prerson leaving the party or being expelled.

And I can't find the quote now (Guardian have updated last night's article), but he also essentially said that if you play down the AS within Labour you might as well be one of the anti-semites.

Don't understand this either. I'm surprised, because I thought the whole issue was that Corbyn is accused of not taking it seriously.

You seem to imply here that it is, in fact, being taken seriously.

8 hours ago, feral chile said:

Don't understand the significance. I thought they would all be current members.

Don't understand this either. I'm surprised, because I thought the whole issue was that Corbyn is accused of not taking it seriously.

You seem to imply here that it is, in fact, being taken seriously.

It's not only Corbyn who doesn't take it seriously, tho Corbyn takes it more seriously than some people do - so much so that Corbyn said the denialists might as well be anti-semites.

Perhaps think about that one? 

It's looking like the Boris cabinet may have more non white people than the shadow cabinet. I hope Jez will use a new PM to look at his team, there is too much dross.

56 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

It's looking like the Boris cabinet may have more non white people than the shadow cabinet. I hope Jez will use a new PM to look at his team, there is too much dross.

If the rumours of that useless moron pritti Patel being home secretary and Nadine dorres being in the cabinet are true, then it's a very moron heavy cabinet so far.

4 minutes ago, zahidf said:

that useless moron pritti Patel

Pritti Vacant Patel :P 

34 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If the rumours of that useless moron pritti Patel being home secretary and Nadine dorres being in the cabinet are true, then it's a very moron heavy cabinet so far.

Well there are plenty of morons on both side including both leaders. My fear is that the torys will have a younger, more vibrant, more diverse and better media skills than labours. I therefore think labour are in desperate need to refresh their top team.

4 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Well there are plenty of morons on both side including both leaders. My fear is that the torys will have a younger, more vibrant, more diverse and better media skills than labours. I therefore think labour are in desperate need to refresh their top team.

You say this every time there is a tory cabinet resignation.

Pritti Patel, IDS, Nadine dorres, Gavin Williamson fresh and vibrant??? Come on.

11 minutes ago, zahidf said:

You say this every time there is a tory cabinet resignation.

Pritti Patel, IDS, Nadine dorres, Gavin Williamson fresh and vibrant??? Come on.

rumour is that Johnson is ignoring a lot of the older* lot - after all, his contemporaries don't like him - and is going to stuff his cabinet with a newer intake, mostly those elected as MPs since 2010.
(*I'm wondering if Gove is going to get snubbed? I reckon there's a good chance)

We know that there's no genius's in that older lot. There might be someone fairly smart in that newer lot.

But even if there isn't, they're probably going to look a lot younger and fresher than the types Corbyn has surrounded himself with, who don't inspire anyone.

Remember, Joe Public is looking for politicians to get us out of the shit, and none of the existing faces can be the ones to do that because they're the ones who've put us there. New younger faces at least suggests 'we should give them a try'.

momentum's flagship candidate at the last election Jared O'Mara providing a great advert for the group selecting your Mp's once again.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

momentum's flagship candidate at the last election Jared O'Mara providing a great advert for the group selecting your Mp's once again.

I think talking about his alcoholism and mental  problems like a lot of the papers are is a low blow. He probably should resign but crowing about it seems low.

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

rumour is that Johnson is ignoring a lot of the older* lot - after all, his contemporaries don't like him - and is going to stuff his cabinet with a newer intake, mostly those elected as MPs since 2010.
(*I'm wondering if Gove is going to get snubbed? I reckon there's a good chance)

We know that there's no genius's in that older lot. There might be someone fairly smart in that newer lot.

But even if there isn't, they're probably going to look a lot younger and fresher than the types Corbyn has surrounded himself with, who don't inspire anyone.

Remember, Joe Public is looking for politicians to get us out of the shit, and none of the existing faces can be the ones to do that because they're the ones who've put us there. New younger faces at least suggests 'we should give them a try'.

Papers seem to say otherwise. We will find out soon enough!

I think any positives will be drowned about by Patel being home secretary, which will be such a ridiculous appointment of someone who was sacked for lying to the PM...

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think talking about his alcoholism and mental  problems like a lot of the papers are is a low blow. He probably should resign but crowing about it seems low.

Yes the poor lamb.. Not surprised he's got alcohol problems when I see some of the shit cocktails his pub tries to flog to students.

I've had two people close to me attempt suicide. One spend 18 months in a psychiatric unit and the other 6 months. These 3 suicide attempts he apparently made when the press called him out on his offensive tweets (which he won't elaborate on) Well the public services didn't seem too bothered about them is all we will say.

Edited by lost

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Papers seem to say otherwise. We will find out soon enough!

I think any positives will be drowned about by Patel being home secretary, which will be such a ridiculous appointment of someone who was sacked for lying to the PM...

i'm thinking Williamson is going to get a job too, as he ran Johnson's campaign.

There's obviously going to be some of the older crowd - it would look too lightweight without them. 

Still think there's going to be a fair number of new faces in senior positions.

40 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes the poor lamb.. Not surprised he's got alcohol problems when I see some of the shit cocktails his pub tries to flog to students.

I've had two people close to me attempt suicide. One spend 18 months in a psychiatric unit and the other 6 months. These 3 suicide attempts he apparently made when the press called him out on his offensive tweets (which he won't elaborate on) Well the public services didn't seem too bothered about them is all we will say.

I had no idea you were a mental health professional with access to his medical records. 

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

i'm thinking Williamson is going to get a job too, as he ran Johnson's campaign.

There's obviously going to be some of the older crowd - it would look too lightweight without them. 

Still think there's going to be a fair number of new faces in senior positions.

Ah yes, the gravitas of IDS and Pritti Patel:-)

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

It's not only Corbyn who doesn't take it seriously, tho Corbyn takes it more seriously than some people do - so much so that Corbyn said the denialists might as well be anti-semites.

Perhaps think about that one? 

I think you're confusing denials that Labour is institutionally AS, with AS denial.

Meanwhile.....

https://skwawkbox.org/2019/07/23/hodge-subject-of-formal-antisemitism-complaint-by-orthodox-jewish-labour-member/