Barry Fish

General News Discussion

45 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes but its depressing that the cult of Jeremy is more important than staying in the EU. Even Momentum are "supposed" to be against brexit. If they spend as much time putting pressure on their own party as they did trying to misquote CUK politicians to try to paint them as racist we might be getting somewhere.

These members deserve everything they get if they continue to act as sheep and do what they are told. If they continue to vote for momentum slates (that they have no influence on selecting), listen to NEC members who tell them to be loyal servants and not lobby, support Corbyn every step (without independent thought) then I have little pity for them when it all goes wrong. The trouble is they are bringing the rest of us down with them.

56 minutes ago, lost said:

Yes but its depressing that the cult of Jeremy is more important than staying in the EU. Even Momentum are "supposed" to be against brexit. If they spend as much time putting pressure on their own party as they did trying to misquote CUK politicians to try to paint them as racist we might be getting somewhere.

I can't make up my mind whether he's being strategic, not to lose the Leave voters, or if he really doesn't think Brexit matters.

4 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I can't make up my mind whether he's being strategic, not to lose the Leave voters, or if he really doesn't think Brexit matters.

I think he is pro Brexit and trying to hide it through strategy. The trouble is I think it's a shot strategy.

8 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Well I think he thinks he needs leave voters yes but I don't understand why he's putting himself in that sort of position when he's hated the EU for so long.

You can't have free movement of people and goods across boarders but not capital. State aid rules are written into Mays deal and will be any other deal. The protection of an individuals assets including property and shares is enshrined in European human rights law.

Unless he thinks he can be like trump and pull out of all these agreements and treaties when in power?

12 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I think he is pro Brexit and trying to hide it through strategy. The trouble is I think it's a shot strategy.

3 minutes ago, lost said:

Well I think he thinks he needs leave voters yes but I don't understand why he's putting himself in that sort of position when he's hated the EU for so long.

You can't have free movement of people and goods across boarders but not capital. State aid rules are written into Mays deal and will be any other deal. The protection of an individuals assets including property and shares is enshrined in European human rights law.

Unless he thinks he can be like trump and pull out of all these agreements and treaties when in power?

Completely baffles me.

I think he's going to lose both sides if he's not careful.

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

Completely baffles me.

I think he's going to lose both sides if he's not careful.

You have to forget Corbyn can't lose. If labour do well it's down to him, if they do average it's because the media are against him. If they do poorly it's Tom Watson's fault. 

8 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

On a more interesting topic, has anyone else seen the poll that only 38% of the electorate see CUK as an anti - brexit party? 

They've really struggled to get their message out. 

Yes, there is absolutely no way Corbyn can be blamed so little Welsh toddler hospitalised because of being deprived of his meds is SO unworthy of your compassion.

Plus, he's Welsh so yawn.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

You have to forget Corbyn can't lose. If labour do well it's down to him, if they do average it's because the media are against him. If they do poorly it's Tom Watson's fault. 

I can't defend Corbyn over Brexit.

I fear he's blown it big time.

I hope I'm wrong.

Edited by feral chile

This is like some sort of parody!...

Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/poor-live-like-animals-says-boriss-privately-educated-sister-after-going-on-poverty-safari-9170440.html

Ms Johnson told the Radio Times: “There’s this terrible sense of human waste. They’re existing, rather than living, like battery hens. Apart from the telly and the cigarettes, they are living like animals.

“I realised, with a terrible thud, how much money I’ve wasted. I can’t pay £3 for a flat white coffee without thinking: ‘That’s a day’s food for a poor family’,” she said...

...Ms Johnson also claimed her friends were now envious of her as many of them had never encountered poor people. "Bizarrely, I think there’s a lot of envy. ‘Lucky old Rachel, she went on poverty safari!’ An experience they can never have, even with all the money they’ve got,” she said.

33 minutes ago, LJS said:

This is like some sort of parody!...

Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/poor-live-like-animals-says-boriss-privately-educated-sister-after-going-on-poverty-safari-9170440.html

Ms Johnson told the Radio Times: “There’s this terrible sense of human waste. They’re existing, rather than living, like battery hens. Apart from the telly and the cigarettes, they are living like animals.

“I realised, with a terrible thud, how much money I’ve wasted. I can’t pay £3 for a flat white coffee without thinking: ‘That’s a day’s food for a poor family’,” she said...

...Ms Johnson also claimed her friends were now envious of her as many of them had never encountered poor people. "Bizarrely, I think there’s a lot of envy. ‘Lucky old Rachel, she went on poverty safari!’ An experience they can never have, even with all the money they’ve got,” she said.

Too obvious, I know.

https://youtu.be/yuTMWgOduFM

Edited by feral chile

4 hours ago, feral chile said:

I wish I was better strategically.

Plaid are Remain, and are slating Corbyn.

But Wales voted out, and Plaid aren't popular so they'll bomb.

So I'd prefer Labour to any other Remain parties.

I might just vote Plaid anyway.

Green?

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

I thought he was the moderate FFS

Why the fuck did you think that?

15 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Green?

Not sure how Green will do.

I think Farage's lot will get in. He's been here today 

😪

57 minutes ago, kaosmark2 said:

Why the fuck did you think that?

Twitter told him to.

45 minutes ago, feral chile said:

😪

Nationalism begets nationalism.

11 hours ago, feral chile said:

he think brexit matters. He wants out.

And if it's strategy it's a shit strategy. Sitting on the fence he loses support from both sides, and getting off the fence in favour of leave ensures Labour lose more voters than being for remain.

7 hours ago, feral chile said:

😪

it's not a FPTP vote. :rolleyes: 

And if you hate brexit so much, why are you thinking about voting for the brexit on steroids that would be welsh indy?

That's madder than Farage at an EU party.

14 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

It's worth noting, that despite the general left-leaning nature of this forum, that noone here is looking at voting Labour.

That should say all that needs to be said about Corbyn.

It's the same on the right side of the spectrum too.  I'd consider myself right of centre, rather than full on nutter, and am really torn on how to vote.  For the locals I stayed blue, as know the candidate, but I can't vote for them in the Euro's.  I think it's going to have to be CUK for me this time.  But if they want to keep that vote in other elections, then need to understand what else they stand for....Heidi Allen is just up the road from me (her constituency starts a couple of miles away) and she's done some goodwork locally. Wonder if there'll be more defections....

8 hours ago, kaosmark2 said:

Nationalism begets nationalism.

British nationalism.

When it comes to national identity, Wales has a higher percentage of people who identify as British rather than Welsh than the rest of the UK.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

it's not a FPTP vote. :rolleyes: 

And if you hate brexit so much, why are you thinking about voting for the brexit on steroids that would be welsh indy?

That's madder than Farage at an EU party.

Plaid are a remain party.

We've been through this.

Wales, however, identifies as British.

So while kaosmark is correct about nationalistic tendencies, it's UKIP that won people over.

Plaid became like Labour plan B, so Labour people voted Labour, and UKIP picked up the disaffected.

Sold on a platform of caring enough to try to win us over.

Edited by feral chile

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

he think brexit matters. He wants out.

And if it's strategy it's a shit strategy. Sitting on the fence he loses support from both sides, and getting off the fence in favour of leave ensures Labour lose more voters than being for remain.

I think he wants out too.

But he also supports democracy.

He could easily argue his Labour strongholds want to leave.

But Labour ministers want to remain.

So...

Edited by feral chile

45 minutes ago, feral chile said:

Plaid are a remain party.

... who's main policy is more nutty than brexit.

Join up the fucking dots, ffs.

Edited by eFestivals

44 minutes ago, feral chile said:

I think he wants out too.

But he also supports democracy.

This is bollocks feral.

'The people' voted for austerity - twice! - yet that bit of democracy doesn't count with him.

The "he supports democracy" thing is just a bit of useful cover so he can push for brexit.

13 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

... who's main policy is more nutty than brexit.

Join up the fucking dots, ffs.

If you mean independence, I don't think it's viable.

But you want to stay in an EU which unites several different sovereign states, so you clearly don't find the concept nutty.