Barry Fish

General News Discussion

30 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

I listened and think extremely impressive is a stretch. I didn't really consider it impressive or unimpressive. Most of the answers were stock Democrat 2019 answers.

Better than most of our major politicians.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

I listened and think extremely impressive is a stretch. I didn't really consider it impressive or unimpressive. Most of the answers were stock Democrat 2019 answers.

I dunno him getting a fox news crowd to applaud him was good. And I think he articulated the dems positions very clearly.

7 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I dunno him getting a fox news crowd to applaud him was good. And I think he articulated the dems positions very clearly.

Were only Fox News viewers allowed to attend?

18 hours ago, zahidf said:

I dunno him getting a fox news crowd to applaud him was good. 

was it a fox news crowd?  Or was it a bernie crowd who'd come to see bernie that was broadcast on fox?

It's easy to assume it's a fox news crowd - and everyone is - but I'm not sure it's that. People knew in advance bernie was doing it.

Just now, eFestivals said:

was it a fox news crowd?  Or was it a bernie crowd who'd come to see bernie that was broadcast on fox?

It's easy to assume it's a fox news crowd - and everyone is - but I'm not sure it's that. People knew in advance bernie was doing it.

Either Bernie made a load of Trump fans do a complete 180. Or Bernie fans attended a Fox News event. It doesn't take much thought to know which is most likely.

2 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Either Bernie made a load of Trump fans do a complete 180. Or Bernie fans attended a Fox News event. It doesn't take much thought to know which is most likely.

I've seen tens of mentions of it in comments in other places, but not once have I seen anyone question whether they might have been bernie fans (except you, just above).

Confirmation bias in action.

To my ears it’s sounded like members of the Sanders fan club were in the crowd for sure.

Still, fair play to him doing that on Fox. You would never see Trump take his bait and release his returns, or do something similar on a “fake news” broadcaster 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Fox news choose the audience. Was by invite.

From vice

'Fox News described the crowd as a “mixed audience:” The conservative news channel selected attendees through outreach to political and local groups and by mining requests to attend.

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Fox news choose the audience. Was by invite.

From vice

'Fox News described the crowd as a “mixed audience:” The conservative news channel selected attendees through outreach to political and local groups and by mining requests to attend.

'requests to attend'

18 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

'requests to attend'

Which they 'mined ' and chose who to accept and not.

They phad a few Bernie fans but no way was it a crowd of Bernie fans who packed it out.

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Which they 'mined ' and chose who to accept and not.

They phad a few Bernie fans but no way was it a crowd of Bernie fans who packed it out.

But the Bernie fans could have been the noisiest?

3 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

But the Bernie fans could have been the noisiest?

Lol they raised their hand over the Medicare question...

Is it that hard to accept.that Bernie has mass appeal?

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Lol they raised their hand over the Medicare question...

Is it that hard to accept.that Bernie has mass appeal?

People offering more stuff can always get people to raise a hand. When they ask people to pay more to fund it, people often keep their hands in their pockets. 

I would be very surprised if Bernie agreed to go a fox need organised meeting without some sort of agreement on audience split. He may be crazy Bernie but he's not that crazy.

I think the significance is the fox news viewers he's reaching at home. 

Mr trump watched it I believe.

8 minutes ago, LJS said:

I would be very surprised if Bernie agreed to go a fox need organised meeting without some sort of agreement on audience split. He may be crazy Bernie but he's not that crazy.

I think the significance is the fox news viewers he's reaching at home. 

Mr trump watched it I believe.

I agree. I think i read fox news is 10-20% Democrat viewers, so there's still plenty to reach. 

Also going on to Fox news itself is publicity for Bernie. I don't believe there has been a mass political conversion, but I think it's sensible enough to go on.

Its possible they were trump supporters the populist right and left agree on a hell of alot of things anti-free trade for example. Trump has been a democrat for most of his life and only used the republicans as a vehicle to get elected. 

I do think it would be a mistake to go for Bernie though, someone like Andrew Wang maybe an interesting choice.

Edited by lost

24 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Diane Abbott  drinking a can of Mojito on a train. It must be a slow news day!

It's made her more popular than ever before. What sort of narc has a go at that FFS 

51 minutes ago, zahidf said:

It's made her more popular than ever before. What sort of narc has a go at that FFS 

If it was Boris (who bought the rule in) then it may be in the public interest. Shame on the people who publicised this 

55 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

If it was Boris (who bought the rule in) then it may be in the public interest. Shame on the people who publicised this 

at least it provided an opportunity to rip the piss out of Julia Hart Brewer

image.png.2dcb99b47e9ea6bb2ae782fd61ba3d4d.png

Just for the record, I am massively in favour of drinking on trains.

And massively against Julia Hart Brewdog.

cheers

3 hours ago, LJS said:

at least it provided an opportunity to rip the piss out of Julia Hart Brewer

image.png.2dcb99b47e9ea6bb2ae782fd61ba3d4d.png

Just for the record, I am massively in favour of drinking on trains.

And massively against Julia Hart Brewdog.

cheers

Someone I work with got really offended because our trains had a rule that you could only drink in them part of the way into Cardiff. Same train same route. She thought it meant the train company thought Valleys people were scum.

6 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

I guess the public interest angle is that a potential future Home Secretary has been caught breaking the law, however minor.  Personally, I think it was entirely accidental, she's apologised and I guess it's now up to the transport police to decide whether or not to prosecute. I hope they treat her exactly as they would if it was you and me.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

19 hours ago, lost said:

Its possible they were trump supporters the populist right and left agree on a hell of alot of things anti-free trade for example. Trump has been a democrat for most of his life and only used the republicans as a vehicle to get elected. 

I do think it would be a mistake to go for Bernie though, someone like Andrew Wang maybe an interesting choice.

likewise, Bernie isn't actually a Democrat.