Barry Fish

General News Discussion

1 hour ago, Lad said:

I've said times too numerous on this thread how I hate anyone who abuses kids.Maybe you're just thick and not deceitful but maybe not.I've put facts with links to reported court cases and convictions. All I've heard from you Mr Jerk is deflection.I'd expect this from twitter boy and now I expect it from you.You exhibit the same attitudes I quoted in an enquiry (which you pretend to not understand ).You are happy to ignore the most horrendous crimes for political convenience. 

They are not ignored crimes, remember? The issues have been addressed.

Back in the day when the HoC of cheering paedo (later) Lord whoever, and promoting Cyril Smith, and The Times carrying ads for paedo mags (including making 'gangs' via that), they were errors too.

We address the errors, hope to better in the future, and more on.

If "muslim rape gangs" are still operating, they're operating off the radar of the authorities. 

Just like the whitie gangs are, who you never seem to mention. How odd.

1 hour ago, Lad said:

Btw don't make an even bigger fool of yourself by saying there are no similarities in these cases because you're completely ignorant on the subject.

Of course there's similarities. :rolleyes:

Just as there are when whitie abuses kids - and whitie does, to a much much greater extent.

Who you never seem to mention. How odd, for someone who says they care about the issue so much. 

Just now, bunique said:

Lad is right that the serious case reviews which have looked at cases of large scale CSE have identified a reticence to challenge minority communities, often amongst the elected members of those minorities too. I’ve heard about it here as well, it’s just through a lot of persistence by individuals in and out of those minority groups that those barriers are being broken down. But race isn’t the only factor in CSE cases - it’s often painted as Asian males exploiting white females but it’s less about race and more about th vulnerability of the victims. Often connected with gang violence too

It's not that these  muslim street grooming gangs are in any way the majority of child abusers.The sheer numbers involved makes them a small(but significant )part of a huge problem.The really sinister thing is the way all layers of the establishment turn a blind eye and are complicit in the crimes.In the same sinister way that allowed all the (white)political class to escape any repercussions.Same as show business.It's probably not a coincidence. 

If I may say it's refreshing to see someone who is concerned with dealing with the problems and not deflecting because of political convenience. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

They are not ignored crimes, remember? The issues have been addressed.

Back in the day when the HoC of cheering paedo (later) Lord whoever, and promoting Cyril Smith, and The Times carrying ads for paedo mags (including making 'gangs' via that), they were errors too.

We address the errors, hope to better in the future, and more on.

If "muslim rape gangs" are still operating, they're operating off the radar of the authorities. 

Just like the whitie gangs are, who you never seem to mention. How odd.

Of course there's similarities. :rolleyes:

Just as there are when whitie abuses kids - and whitie does, to a much much greater extent.

Who you never seem to mention. How odd, for someone who says they care about the issue so much. 

I've mentioned this many times.I don't care about who they are or where they're from its dealing with the crime is what matters.

1 hour ago, pink_triangle said:

If the people of Alabama don't want a Democrat representing them then that is the right of the people of Alabama. What Moore has done in the past has little impact on the lives of these people. How a senator (especially in a  52/48 senate) votes could have huge impact. It could be the difference in getting a conservative supreme court judge next time there is a vacancy or not.

They may say that the rights of a baby due to be aborted is as just as a rape victim. They are entitled to that opinion. As I have said many would love an option to vote a different type of Republican in, but you only provide options where they are left with a Democrat.

i agree with Mitt (of all peopl)

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

i agree with Mitt (of all peopl)

I agree with him as well. Yet I wouldn't condemn anyone in Alabama if they choose to vote republucan. Its a big ask to vote someone to be your representative when you think they are going to vote against what you believe in. As I have said the best option would be a mechanism to remove him from the ballot and give people the option of a different republican, unfortunately that option doesn't exist.

7 hours ago, eFestivals said:

No, I'm the bringer of truth. 

I so hope you have a staff in your room and banged it on the floor as those words came out :)

2 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I so hope you have a staff in your room and banged it on the floor as those words came out :)

Yeah! 

Compared to Lad, tho, everyone who has a sense of reality is. :P

5 hours ago, Lad said:

I've mentioned this many times.I don't care about who they are or where they're from its dealing with the crime is what matters.

and the instances you've raised have been dealt with, and the errors have been addressed (as best as anyone's able to; til the next fuck-up, basically).

So why are you still banging on about history?

5 hours ago, Lad said:

The really sinister thing is the way all layers of the establishment turn a blind eye and are complicit in the crimes.

and more sinister is your deliberate and continual misrepresentation. 

None of the people involved had all of the details. None knew that abuse was happening in the manner that it was.

They thought it was 'bad' girls being bad.

5 hours ago, Lad said:

In the same sinister way that allowed all the (white)political class to escape any repercussions.Same as show business.It's probably not a coincidence. 

Mixture of things, including not wanting to think the worst of people and giving the benefit of the doubt, along with a lot of secrecy so there's often little or nothing to be seen.

There's just about no one who wouldn't act if they fully understood what was happening, but human nature can make people not want to understand what's happening, because they don't want to believe that's happening.

5 hours ago, Lad said:

If I may say it's refreshing to see someone who is concerned with dealing with the problems and not deflecting because of political convenience. 

The problems have been dealt with. You're still raising like it's a current issue. Any reason why? 

It's funny how so much of what takes your interest involves muslims. Planning to convert?

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

and more sinister is your deliberate and continual misrepresentation. 

None of the people involved had all of the details. None knew that abuse was happening in the manner that it was.

They thought it was 'bad' girls being bad.

Mixture of things, including not wanting to think the worst of people and giving the benefit of the doubt, along with a lot of secrecy so there's often little or nothing to be seen.

There's just about no one who wouldn't act if they fully understood what was happening, but human nature can make people not want to understand what's happening, because they don't want to believe that's happening.

The problems have been dealt with. You're still raising like it's a current issue. Any reason why? 

It's funny how so much of what takes your interest involves muslims. Planning to convert?

???

10 minutes ago, feral chile said:

???

teenagers in care, running away from their place of care, to spend the night out with men drinking and taking drugs. If the old bill took the girls back to the place of care, they often ran away again to go back to the same men.

If you don't dig any deeper, it looks like 'bad' girls being bad, and short of locking them up securely, what can a copper/social worker/etc do?

And in the main, the caring-profession people didn't want to dig deeper, because of job pressures or prejudices about girls in care, and knowledge of the limits of what they could effectively do.

Edited by eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

teenagers in care, running away from their place of care, to spend the night out with men drinking and taking drugs. If the old bill took the girls back to the place of care, they often ran away again to go back to the same men.

If you don't dig any deeper, it looks like 'bad' girls being bad, and short of locking them up securely, what can a copper/social worker/etc do?

Bad girls being bad are still vulnerable, probably more vulnerable. What abuse have they been through to get them to the stage of being 'bad'?

often at least neglect, if not sexual abuse and grooming.

Not just girls. There's a lot of hate for Jon Venables - but what the hell had he been through to be so vicious at ten years old?

Edited by feral chile

1 minute ago, feral chile said:

Bad girls being bad are still vulnerable, probably more vulnerable. What abuse have they been through to get them to the stage of being 'bad'?

often at least neglect, if not sexual abuse and grooming.

Some are just tearaways who want to go out drinking and taking drugs - which is why others tended to get looked at in the same way.

But also, addressing anything of it requires people to take on and own a problem, which is waaaay out of fashion in today's world. Do your bit and shuffle it on, is how it goes. Don't look too deep, you might make yourself some more work.

You can see how it all happens on that side. Add in a 'sensitive community' also involved, and it's a bigger can of worms that no one wants to own - because its a can of worms, not anything else.

@zahidf You’ll be glad to hear Lily is back on Twitter after less than 24 hours, feeling “fabulous”. Out of curiosity, what do you make of these? 

Edited by bunique

Also, when it was pointed out to her that as Women’s Officer she’s responsible for representing even those “TERFs” (a word that is considered a gendered slur by many women that Madigan uses freely) she said “not until tomorrow...with all that pretty contact data” and followed it up with “I’ve got the power”. Whatever she may identify as, she is wholly unsuited to public office 

Edited by bunique

20 minutes ago, bunique said:

Also, when it was pointed out to her that as Women’s Officer she’s responsible for representing even those “TERFs” (a word that is considered a gendered slur by many women that Madigan uses freely) she said “not until tomorrow...with all that pretty contact data” and followed it up with “I’ve got the power”. Whatever she may identify as, she is wholly unsuited to public office 

I cant see that on her timeline. Ill need to see the full context of it rather than a segment from someone who has a bit of grudge.

Anne Ruzylo was the female officer lily madigan was accused of bullying out of the PLP. (though looking in her timeline, she now blames other people for manipulating Lily). Looking generally at her timeline, she is skirting the line of transphobia.

Is TERF a hate phrase now?

It’s certainly considered to be so by many, particularly as it’s thrown out at the slightest disagreement, when there is no transphobia behind the comments. It’s a means of shutting down debate 

25 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Clearly fake news!

There's more than one person there!

Interesting theory from the beeb's D'Urso. Corbyn goes on these non-question rants at PMQ's which have nothing to do with the topical questions which could be asked to create material for short video clips which he hopes will go viral on social media.