Ticket day

Guest Mr_Grump

Aint it about time for KC to go public with something?

Lots of the other medium/small festivals for the same weekend are starting to announce headliners or already have tickets on sale (Global Gathering, Stockton Weekender, Wickerman, Lounge on the Farm, Magic Loungeabout, Sound Island and even Rewind Scotland!!).

I realise that the weekend is free of the potential threats of some of the other festivals that have clashed before (eg Camp Bestival) and therefore will have a bigger 'pot' of bands/singers to go for, but on the obverse side, some bands/singers may take it as a weekend off to recharge their batteries post June/early July before the last 'hurrah' in August/early September.

Come on KC....give your potential punters something to look forward to or risk losing them to somewhere else.

The thing is though none ofthe festivals are likely to sell out in the next 2 months so there's no incentive for them to announce straight away, although I'm sure it will follow soon. People will fall in to a couple of catagories, those who will wait and see who's playing before buying the tickets and those who live close to the festival or are loyal to it and would buy tickets regardless of the line up. I'm sure all the festivals listed will have people from the second catagory but that won't make for a quick sell out and will give people the oppotunity to look at line up options before choosing

Looking at last year, they started the general sale and announced the first raft of bands on the last Thursday of Feb with a weeks notice the Thursday prior. If they follow this then this'll be tomorrow. Saying that their messages on fb are sounding less excited, from 'def in Feb' last month to 'sorry, we can't say anything at the mo' or thereabouts yesterday. Maybe a headline has pulled out or there are problems with Ticketmaster?

Looking at last year, they started the general sale and announced the first raft of bands on the last Thursday of Feb with a weeks notice the Thursday prior. If they follow this then this'll be tomorrow. Saying that their messages on fb are sounding less excited, from 'def in Feb' last month to 'sorry, we can't say anything at the mo' or thereabouts yesterday. Maybe a headline has pulled out or there are problems with Ticketmaster?

That's fine if you live in the bright lights of the town's an cities but its set in pretty rural area for the party life, a built in audience that'll come back year after year and tell their mate's what a great time they had. People might bitch and moan about who's playing in the end but it'll still sell out and everyone will still enjoy themselves an tell their mate's what a great time they had.

That's fine if you live in the bright lights of the town's an cities but its set in pretty rural area for the party life, a built in audience that'll come back year after year and tell their mate's what a great time they had. People might bitch and moan about who's playing in the end but it'll still sell out and everyone will still enjoy themselves an tell their mate's what a great time they had.

Ok that'd be a blank reply then... Try again... There's a fair amount to it selling out anyway, we've got early birds based on last year where we went because of James, Feeder and Shed7 but loved everything about it so will probably now be annuals however if you say tickets and line-up in Feb ad then don't deliver you'll piss people off which is not good business in any line of work! I reckon we'll have a 7day warning message tomorrow unless something unforeseen has happened

You might piss them off and it may not be good for business but at the end of the day there's a pretty captive audience in the area who will still turn up. Once the line ups out and the tickets are released they'll forget how pissed off they are, buy the tickets and start to get excited about it. I'm like you, I enjoyed it and went back and will continue to do so. People are creatures of habit, look at the facebook comments, you'll have nothing but complaints about no line up or tickets, then you'll have weeks of comments about how such and such a band is shite and why are they playing. Following that it'll be the ' I can't wait for Kendal Calling to arrive' stage !

No matter what the line up will always dictate how fast kendal calling sells out !

Yes you always got your locals and loyals that buy first but the line up will always come to the front in the end !

It gets a stronger line up every year and guess what sells out quicker ! It ain't rocket science!

My feelings on ticket release date are as follows

Email sometime Friday probably after 12 noon maybe a little later saying line up tickets 28 th of feb!

No matter what the line up will always dictate how fast kendal calling sells out ! Yes you always got your locals and loyals that buy first but the line up will always come to the front in the end ! It gets a stronger line up every year and guess what sells out quicker ! It ain't rocket science!