Working at Glasto (Recycling Crew)

Guest Wanderlei

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No login email yet I assume it will be this link

https://www.recyclingcrew.co.uk/account/login.aspx

but when I put in my username followed by the password (which is my usual one I use for just about everything) it says invalid username/or passowrd and when I try to reset my password - the syetm falls over with an error code. Maybe I just have to wait to get the official email before I can login in.

I've never done the after festival working and I think I'd be eligible for before festival work this year but I cant afford all the time off work. Also if I had all of the festival free from work I'd end up spending too much cash.

As for the back ache. It's not too bad. I'm in my 40's and suffer with my back and find it ok. Just make sure I take some ibuprofen with me.

I did think about volunteering for areas that didn't involve so much bending (recycling centre etc) but thst involves PM shifts and means missing too much music

All done and dusted, gone for thursday morning crew and deposit is on its way :) It's all finally starting to come together nicely. see you all in june round the fire for a cider or seven!

Can I just ask as I wasnt there in 2011. What is the space like now in Toms Field now it is just litterpickers? Are there enough people doing it now that the field is full even without the Oxfam lot? We wouldnt be getting down there before Thursday and so was worried about getting the tent up.

It used to be rammed full by then when we've been there before.

Space in Toms field wasn't too bad in 2011. It was quite busy but most people seem to find a gap somewhere. The space was mostly affected by the rain and mud which made some spots not suitable for pitching a tent in. Outside my tent did become a bit of a thoroughfare so was tad muddy too.

We are litterpicking for the first time this year. Just wondering if any of you have stayed in the CV fields rather than camping in the crew area? Is it going to make it much harder work with the extra walking if we take our van instead? What's the atmosphere like in the crew area? Cheers!

Re the CV fields. There's nothing stopping you camping anywhere on site. People I've worked with in the past have camped with mates. They came to Tom's field to meet before their 1st shift but then just met us the rest of the weekend at where we were working to save a walk up to Tom's field. So check with your team leader whether that's feasible