Working at Glasto (Recycling Crew)

Guest Wanderlei

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, and for anyone who is volunteering for the 1st time, when you get to the site, DON'T queue up with everyone else to get in. If you ask a steward where to go they may very well tell you to get in the queue, but DON'T. They are busy and clueless, so they just want to get rid of you so you become someone else's problem. You have to pick up your ticket and ID from a little booth, then you enter through a special staff entrance. No waiting around for us, baby :-)

Oh, and for anyone who is volunteering for the 1st time, when you get to the site, DON'T queue up with everyone else to get in. If you ask a steward where to go they may very well tell you to get in the queue, but DON'T. They are busy and clueless, so they just want to get rid of you so you become someone else's problem. You have to pick up your ticket and ID from a little booth, then you enter through a special staff entrance. No waiting around for us, baby :-)

As you've been a few times can I ask you - and I only ask because I've got an alternate half chance that I don't want to miss out on - if you have that first email with the sign on code, does that mean that you've definitely, definately, got a place. This secondary process, where you wait to give them your cash seems to be taking an age, and as a litter picking virgin, its giving me kittens