Working at Glasto (Recycling Crew)

Guest Wanderlei

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about age limits tbh.

It's a really cool experience though. This will be my 5th year in a row. Last year I worked after the festival, which is bizarre. This year i'll be working early mornings so that I have the week after the festival free to go to the beach ;-)

I actually think it's worth working it. You get a free ticket, free meals, shower facilities & you don't have to queue up to get in lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I also got my email confirmation from the recyclign team that I have been successful. Really cannot wait now, I have been keeping my distance from here as was making me too depressed not knowing if I would be at Glastonbury this year!!

What do people think of it who have done it before? Do you have much say in what shifts you do? Where is the camping area?

Just got my confirmation - both delighted and intimidated at those early starts.

My first time so any advice on pros and cons of the shifts? I assume its Friday to Monday, 6 to 12 and 12 to 6? Is that right

If you go for a mix, can you choose your days - so say I'm thinking earlies on Fri/Sat and lates on Sun/Mon, can I say that, or is it pot luck, which is fair enough.

Oh, and Is the pm shift working on sorting rather than picking - I am an old git so anything that saves the back is worth knowing

Apologies for the cross examination, but as you've been it seems worth picking your brain.

I did it last year, don't remember you being able to do mixed shifts, but I did four 6am-12 shifts. Had a great time, it isn't easy work (especially in the mud!) but at the same point it's not so strenuous or anything that you can't enjoy the rest of the day...I didn't sleep for 3 days mind!

Not sure what the late shifts do, I would guess they do the sorting as the morning shift clears everywhere I believe - night be worth checking though!

All in all, it's great fun, you'll meet loads of great people and you can get on site from Monday so can see the build up! We got lucky as well and managed to clear our areas and finish early on two days as well.

Enjoy!

After being gutted that couldnt get a ticket in October I am now so excited about working there. Another plus side is that I wont have to queue for hours on Wednesday morning

I was in the Recycling Centre when I worked afterwards, which involves standing in front of a conveyor with rubbish coming past you (like a really shitty generation game) and sorting the different thing i.e. cans/compostable waste, into different bins. The fest ended on Sunday and my 1st shift was on Tuesday at 6am - the shifts then alternated from PM to AM shifts every day.

The cool thing was, even that long after the fest had finished, staff were still able to catch a mini-bus to the train station (castle cary). As soon as you know the times and days you're working, book your train ticket asap for the cheapest deal. But make sure you give yourself plenty of time so you don't miss your ride!!!

It's a cool atmosphere after the festival - once you get over the slightly depressing apocalypticness - and you can roam wherever you want to see the sights. I got my picture taken on the Pyramid Stage, which was cool lol.

ive heard that the login details should be with us next week :)

well.....at least that is the message i read on faceache!

Edited by eodsi

Also to answer some other questions raised

1) Yes you can opt to work in the recycling centre if you wish

2) The PM shifts if mememory serves me rightly are 1-7 and aren't just in the recycling centre they're all over site

3) If you do do a mixture I don'tthink you get to choose which day AM and which PM- you just choose an role that has mixed shifts and you get allocated one or the other

Edited by dondo