2 x two year olds at Wychwood

Guest Esyl

I love, love, love Wychwood but have missed the last two years on account of being heavily pregnant with twins two years ago (had to give away my already purchased early-bird ticket!) and then having 2 x young babies last year. I know Wychwood is great for kids but not sure if it will suit two who will be 2 in July. Considering a day ticket but wondering if they are a tad too young to enjoy the activities. I can't imagine what they'll be like by then so have no idea if it will suit them - anyone taken toddlers to Wychwood who can advise?

There are lots of activities for children that age, and kids do like being there in the sunshine looking at everyone.I think you should definitely buy a day ticket and give it a try. Two of my friends have both taken their very young children to Wychwood and they (and the kids have loved it).

Agreed. Very family friendly and easy to get around pushing buggies as most of the areas are tarmac, so no wheels getting stuck in the mud. If you go for a day ticket then you don't lose much and have minimal hassle. It's not as though you're camping and will have to erect/take down tents. Not really any differenmt to any other day out with the kids - but hopefully a lot more fun.

Maybe take ear protectors for the kids, though I've never found the music to be overly loud at Wychwood.

• 4 weeks later...

My children are 5 and 3 and we've been to Wychwood the last 3 years! So yes, the youngest was 10 months old the first time he went. We've found it the most family friendly festival we've ever been to (We too daughter to Glastonbury when she was 10 months old but we were in a campervan then so it was easier!).

Camping at Wychwood is the only place I've been where you can take the car to the campsite to unload which is just simply brilliant when you have small kids.

The festival itself is so friendly we all love it. The kids field has loads to do and ours just love all the music and dressing up and dancing.

Tips: Get kids ear defenders, have a decent buggy thing for them to sleep in so you can carry on partying whilst they sleep (the silent disco is brilliant for this!!), definiately camp - it's a joy there in the lush soft grass. Have fun!