the inevitable headliner thread !

Guest ramragon

parklife have announced there headliners and the got example and plan b .

over the last few years @studentlife and KC have had same headliners for instance dizzee and the doves.

cant see it being both at KC but i reckon 1 of the above is nailed on to appear.

which would be good which ever one it is

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

parklife have announced there headliners and the got example and plan b . over the last few years @studentlife and KC have had same headliners for instance dizzee and the doves. cant see it being both at KC but i reckon 1 of the above is nailed on to appear. which would be good which ever one it is

Think plan b would be too costly for Kendal as much as I'd be happy to see him again, more chance of example playing although again he may be on the border of too costly. The Kendal headliners usually do the rounds in academy sized venues whilst both plan b and example have progressed on to bigger arena gigs.

Plan B is headlining Sound Island festival down in Kent on the Saturday night so could see him doing Friday if the budget stretched to him....dont think hes the right guy to close things on Sunday.

Example is rumoured to be at Global Gathering on the Friday or Saturday so may also be out of the equation.

I know hes not going to be a headliner (which this thread is about), but could see Johnny Marr doing a spot as he'll fit in perfect with the Mancunian genre that the festival attracts.

Plan B is headlining Sound Island festival down in Kent on the Saturday night so could see him doing Friday if the budget stretched to him....dont think hes the right guy to close things on Sunday.

Example is rumoured to be at Global Gathering on the Friday or Saturday so may also be out of the equation.

I know hes not going to be a headliner (which this thread is about), but could see Johnny Marr doing a spot as he'll fit in perfect with the Mancunian genre that the festival attracts.

Ill update my guess then ! Current feeling is _

Fri - bassment jax headline , delphic support

Sat - courteeners headline, maccabees support

Sun - primal scream headline, frank turner support

Not sure if the bassment jax would be current enough for a Friday night dance act headliner, but they're touring and more than likely affordable, if not I'll plug for example or laberinth

Edited by ramragon

Here's my t'penneth for what its worth...

Fri - Example, Basement Jaxx, DJ Fresh

Sat - Pulp or Steriophonics, Ocean Colour

Scene, Ash

Sun - Alt-J or Jake Bugg, Johnny Marr, The

Wonder Stuff

I'd be very happy with that.

Edited by blue6field

After attending KC last year, mainly attracted by the James headline slot, I'm quite excited to see the line-up this year. I think The Courteeners are perfect size for KC and have a huge fanbase in the North. However, this could be wishful thinking from a huge fan of theirs!

My Predictions:

Friday - Basement Jaxx, Steve Aoki

Saturday - Frank Turner

Sunday - The Courteeners, Beady Eye OR Johnny Marr

Theres a good few others I think are in with a shout. With regards to Saturday, I think one possible hiccup is that Liam Gallagher's ego may prevent Beady Eye from sub-headlining under a newer Mancunian band like the Courteeners. Would a Morrissey headline slot with Marr before him be too much to ask?!

Much as I'd love to see them play there's no way Pulp are gonna be playing Kendal Calling, they'll be way too big and expensive a smaller festival. We've debated Stereophonics before and they'd be great if they'd play, a strong back catalogue that most of the crowd would be familiar with

Some people getting well carried away here, Pulp are you serious? They headlined Leeds Festival a couple of years ago and NGHFB supported the roses in their headline slot at IOW festival.

Friday -

Saturday - The Vaccines (or The Courteeners unfortunately)

Sunday - New Order

That's my stab in the dark.

Some people getting well carried away here, Pulp are you serious? They headlined Leeds Festival a couple of years ago and NGHFB supported the roses in their headline slot at IOW festival.

Friday -

Sunday - New Order

Friday -

Sunday - New Order