Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

The amount of roasters I seen in Glasgow Central going to the gig I can see it turning out like Aivicii , seen a few lads with white died hair with there hats back to front walking as of they have stones in there shoes ..shady looking wee bams !!! :sarcastic:

Edited by Pokeybumwanker

Eminem was excellent, really solid gig, the crowd around me was decent apart from some pellet who was egging people on for a fight and giving racial slurs to a Pakistani guy although he eventually got what he was looking for and got leathered by a fair few people, everyone else in the crowd were great

Missed out the 2 bad meets evil covers, guessing Royce couldnt make it

Edited by Gingo

He was good but disgustingly short set if being honest. I know its only a verse or two of most songs but christ, was just over an hour. Good job all the support acts were top notch or would have been feeling a bitch shortchanged no matter how good he was while on stage.

He did My Name Is / The Real Slim Shady / Without Me melody, just a chorus and verse of each of them.

Guessing he's one of these artists who rehearses the same set and has it timed perfectly, so if he drops a couple of songs which he did, he cant replace them on the fly with 2 different ones, bit poor in that sense but seeing as the rest of the supports were great like Gazza said I felt I got my moneys worth even if Em was only on for about 80 mins

I do very much agree with feeling short changed. £55 for an 80min set just doesn't cut it. Kendrick Lamar blew it out the water though. He almost outdid Eminem in my opinion.

The crowd wasn't actually as bad as I thought. Only saw one fight and that was pretty tame at that and came to an end very quickly. Everyone else was just there to have a good time.

The one thing I would criticise is the toilet situation. There just wasn't enough toilets for 55,000 people. Two sets of toilets at opposite ends of the site just doesn't cut it. Not to mention there were very few urinals for use too.

I said many times beforehand that i believed Kendrick would be better than Eminem!

Yeah but he wasnt, he was good but Eminem was excellent

For me it went Eminem > Yelawolf > Kendrick Lamar > Earlwolf > Chance the Rapper

However all were great so an absolute success in that respect

I don't think this event will take place again next year. I think the poor behaviour by some at Avicii will lead to the council not granting the license. Not to mention the amount of complaints neighbours have supposedly admitted.

That along with the Commenwealth Games taking place will probably screw any chance of gigs at Bella again next summer.

Surely radio 1 big weekend will be at Bella?

I never even thought of that, but you're probably not far off after the London one to coincide with the Olympic Games and the Derry one to coincide with the City of Culture. Not sure if they'd go to Bella or Glasgow Green though (with it being easier to get to from the city centre, etc)?

Edited by StevieMcK

I never even thought of that, but you're probably not far off after the London one to coincide with the Olympic Games and the Derry one to coincide with the City of Culture. Not sure if they'd go to Bella or Glasgow Green though (with it being easier to get to from the city centre, etc)?

They did hackney for London so anything is possible.

• 4 months later...

I'll be applying to that, don't care if i don't like the half of the line up a free gig is a free gig!

Yup, I like many of the acts when I went to the Hackney one (even if it was one of the strong line ups it had as they had a few more stages), but its a nice afternoon/evening at the cost of slightly expensive beer :P

Edited by LondonTom

Anyone heard any news on Glasgow Summer Sessions 2014? Not even acts or anything, just whether or not it's actually taking place? This time last year Eminem had already been announced.

I doubt they will have it again just because of the amount of trouble it caused honestly.