Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

Pretty gutted myself that they didn't go for the Green Day/System of a Down double bill that they could have went for because of Reading and Leeds. I would have happily paid for that. Anyway looks like the Summer Sessions is just the same as T in the Park more crap that Geoff will proclaim as being the best he can get and not to a demographic. If it continues next year and more days are added instead i'd be happy to see an increase in other bands that they wouldn't normally choose for T in the Park.

Pretty gutted myself that they didn't go for the Green Day/System of a Down double bill that they could have went for because of Reading and Leeds. I would have happily paid for that. Anyway looks like the Summer Sessions is just the same as T in the Park more crap that Geoff will proclaim as being the best he can get and not to a demographic. If it continues next year and more days are added instead i'd be happy to see an increase in other bands that they wouldn't normally choose for T in the Park.

The funny thing is if they had got Eminem, KoL and Avicii it would have been a better lineup than what we have for TITP atm, well maybe not Avicii headlining but even on the bill

The funny thing is if they had got Eminem, KoL and Avicii it would have been a better lineup than what we have for TITP atm, well maybe not Avicii headlining but even on the bill

I'd agree Eminem would be better because i actually like some of his stuff but Kings of Leon? Really... They fit in with The Killers, Snow Patrol and Kasabian headlining T as being the same headliners repeated. Also in general Kings of Leon are just a terrible band.

I'd agree Eminem would be better because i actually like some of his stuff but Kings of Leon? Really... They fit in with The Killers, Snow Patrol and Kasabian headlining T as being the same headliners repeated. Also in general Kings of Leon are just a terrible band.

Compared to Mumford and Sons and Rihanna they are definitely better, they would have been a shit booking though

Avicii's latest set from EDC Las Vegas this past weekend. I'm not his biggest fan but I really like his new stuff he's playing, seems to have got a lot of really good singers on his new album. http://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/30944_avicii-at-electric-daisy-carnival-edc-las-vegas-united-states-2013-06-23.html

• 1 month later...

Got a ticket for Avicii this morning not his biggest fan nor do I particularly like tinie tempah but alot of my mates are going and sounds like a great day out.

From what I seen of him at tomorrowlands Avicii will be a good old school party atmosphere.

Just need to hope its not full of wee pish throwing fannies like I suspect it will be.

I think the initial Eminem sell out proves that there is a market for this kind of event in Glasgow but the acts really need to be of the highest calibre.

Even announcing a strong supporting lineup for each gig before tickets go on sale? I mean, I'm sure KoL would have sold out if there were 3-4 other solid acts playing that day (turning it into a more festival vibe, much like The Stone Roses' gig at Glasgow Green).

It appears Avicii sold out this afternoon (VIP still available however so god knows how many of them there are).

Surprised some of the other acts playing V haven't been announced as KOL support. Surely Maximo Park, The Vaccines, The Fratellis and even FUN. would be easy enough to book and even shift the remainder of the tickets?