Stuart1000

Ok lets ignore the beyonce thing

so we can have 1 rap day - eminem

1 pop day - Beyonce

1 arena rock - KOL

1 punk rock - Green day

1 metal - SOAD

1 dance - Tiesto

and they are all american (apart from tiesto)

edit: you could have someone like skrillex for dance to have pure american

They'll probably book Deadmau5 and just be like 'Yeah, well, everyone thinks WE'RE part of England'

Bargain, especially as they never play Scotland

I take it thats a bit sarcastic, they dont really, the last time they played titp was 09 and the only gig i can see since then is murrayfield in 2011, so its actually a good booking

Then the return of t in the park. Somewhere else obviously.

Why obviously, if GE can make the same money, with half the logistics you are mental if you think he will move T....

He has no sentimental attachment it is about the money to him, he makes more money having four seperated days at bellahouston over the summer. No clean up no problems.....

I wouldn't give KoL the steam off my shite nowadays. Good band turned sheeite. £55 is taking the piss. That's AC/DC kind of money, the kind that people are willing to pay after being treat to great music over several decades.

I wouldn't give KoL the steam off my shite nowadays. Good band turned sheeite. £55 is taking the piss. That's AC/DC kind of money, the kind that people are willing to pay after being treat to great music over several decades.

I would never pay £55 to see ACDC or KOL, I actually like ACDC just not KOL though. Both of them aren't worth the money in my opinion. Plus its bit of an unfair disadvantage to compare ACDC to them is it not? A band being around longer constitutes paying a higher price? I don't agree with that regardless of the fact i have actually paid ridiculous amounts of money this year for bands. Although i've done so because i reckon i won't get to see them ever again and to be fair ACDC are a band i'm not fussed about ever seeing.

I would never pay £55 to see ACDC or KOL, I actually like ACDC just not KOL though. Both of them aren't worth the money in my opinion. Plus its bit of an unfair disadvantage to compare ACDC to them is it not? A band being around longer constitutes paying a higher price? I don't agree with that regardless of the fact i have actually paid ridiculous amounts of money this year for bands. Although i've done so because i reckon i won't get to see them ever again and to be fair ACDC are a band i'm not fussed about ever seeing.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here or even if you are. Anyways, ACDC have put out heaps of albums over 5 decades, all good, are great live and aren't going to be around much longer. Even at that price they cannot do enough gigs to satisfy demand. Kolololololol did one good album, one ok and then sold out. They pretty average live and are prone to have diva temper tantrums and storm off stage. One is worth £55 the other isn't. The £55 is teh common denominator in case you were wondering, they have absolutely nothing else in common.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here or even if you are. Anyways, ACDC have put out heaps of albums over 5 decades, all good, are great live and aren't going to be around much longer. Even at that price they cannot do enough gigs to satisfy demand. Kolololololol did one good album, one ok and then sold out. They pretty average live and are prone to have diva temper tantrums and storm off stage. One is worth £55 the other isn't. The £55 is teh common denominator in case you were wondering, they have absolutely nothing else in common.

I understand a bit more what you were getting at i just don't think i understood so much because i don't get the demand for ACDC at all. I think Download put me off them a bit with the whole stage thing and not being on merch and having to be paid ridiculous mounts of money. It looked good from videos I've seen and Hamdpen looked good too but i don't think i would fork out a lot of money for ACDC.

I understand a bit more what you were getting at i just don't think i understood so much because i don't get the demand for ACDC at all. I think Download put me off them a bit with the whole stage thing and not being on merch and having to be paid ridiculous mounts of money. It looked good from videos I've seen and Hamdpen looked good too but i don't think i would fork out a lot of money for ACDC.

AC/DC are one of the best live bands to see in a Stadium show, and tickets will be like gold dust the next time they tour.

The Download thing may have got a bit fucked up because it was treated as another date on their tour, but I wasn't there so I don't care. Saw them at Hampden and they were fantastic. A number of people I went with wouldn't be the sort of people you'd expect at an AC/DC gig.

acdc at hampden was my first gig ever. went with my dad and its still to this day my favourite and best quality gig ever !!

although one things been annoying me for ages. do you remember the support acts ?
i remember the answer but there was one before them and i cant for the life of me remember who...

t'internet says the subways but i dont remember them being subway esq.

acdc at hampden was my first gig ever. went with my dad and its still to this day my favourite and best quality gig ever !!

although one things been annoying me for ages. do you remember the support acts ?

i remember the answer but there was one before them and i cant for the life of me remember who...

t'internet says the subways but i dont remember them being subway esq.

The Subways were one of the two support acts. The Answer were the other and were second-rate AC/DC clones. Instantly forgettable.

Thin Lizzy (minus Phil Lynnot) were supposed to support but I think one of the band was injured and they were replaced by The Subways.

Edited by frankblack

Bit harsh on KOL there imo. First 2 albums are immense, 3rd has some cracking songs on it as well. 4th was a bit patchy though despite having a couple of good songs. 5th was terrible :lol:

The demand for ACDC is that they are in the top 3 biggest acts in the world still touring that are a proper classic act, no matter anyones opinion on them it cant be denied they are just massive and I think only the Rolling Stones would be rivalling them in terms of popularity

Most of the people that make an issue of the Download thing weren't there. For me it was better than Hampden. The stage was no inconvenience and I didn't buy a T but the black market ones all had them on! What happened there is what happens when you let marketeers and money men run things and it's pretty widely acknowledged it was a mistake. I don't think it'll happen again in a hurry. ACDC have apparently made noises about being more festival friendly on their next tour but who knows once the money men and greed mongers take over again. My ticket didn't cost me any more and when you consider we got Rage and Aerosmith on the same bill it was great value. My best one yet. If you get the chance to go, most definitely do, they are brilliant live. Angus is still on fire but the whole show is great entertainment from start to finish, even if, like me, you're not a big fan. They are in a very very small premier league of bands that deliver brilliant live shows on that scale. The gap between them and the likes of Kolololololol!!!!111omgwtf is like the difference in evolution between rats and men.

I'm guessing that I'll be sitting out these summer sessions as i'm doing Leeds but if SOAD were to be the surprise 3rd I'd be there in a flash.

Allegedly looking at sites in Ayrshire

Didn't they think about doing that before it eventually went to Balado in 1997?

God no, it's even wetter there and they're like weegies but not as clever.

We've got tractors and stuff though :D Worst part about staying down this way is when the weather gets nice in the summer and "the troops" come down from Glasgow for a day out.

As for AC/DC they were great at both Hampden and Download, prefered the Hampden gig though being the first time seeing them. But fuck me that 20 minute solo bored the tits off me at Download, was bad enough the first time around.

Edited by GazzaScotland

We've got tractors and stuff though :D Worst part about staying down this way is when the weather gets nice in the summer and "the troops" come down from Glasgow for a day out.

I know all about it, I used to prey on weegie girlies during the Glasgae Fair :) It's a long time since I moved away, do they still come down in these days of boarded up high streets and cheap flights abroad?

Personally I loved the guitar solo but realise it's not everyone's cup of tea.