Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

I remember someone mentioning in the TITP thread that they heard Swedish House Mafia had been offered heaps of cash to play there one last time. Perhaps (if true) DF was actually trying to get them for Bellahouston as the dance headliner

This will really piss off a girl I work with who has gone to LA to see them one last time :)

I reckon they should do a day where it's not a massive named band playing someone like New Order who are big but wouldn't sell it out on their own. Then announce the rest of the line up with this prior to selling tickets and have numerous great small bands on it. If this was me i'd love as a mix of bands

New Order

The Flaming Lips

Public Enemy

Frightened Rabbit

Most of them would appeal to pretty much the same audience and together they could probably sell a crap tonne of tickets especially New Order and The Flaming Lips.

I reckon they should do a day where it's not a massive named band playing someone like New Order who are big but wouldn't sell it out on their own. Then announce the rest of the line up with this prior to selling tickets and have numerous great small bands on it. If this was me i'd love as a mix of bands

New Order

The Flaming Lips

Public Enemy

Frightened Rabbit

Most of them would appeal to pretty much the same audience and together they could probably sell a crap tonne of tickets especially New Order and The Flaming Lips.

New Order struggled to sell out Birmingham Ballroom when I saw them last year, they won't be headlining something this big, not even with the Flaming Lips subbing.

New Order struggled to sell out Birmingham Ballroom when I saw them last year, they won't be headlining something this big, not even with the Flaming Lips subbing.

It was more of an example than anything to be fair and with their ticket prices I wouldn't be surprised I think it was 50 for tickets in the O2 Academy last year glad I seen them at T.

Sold out glasgow, london and manchester on that tour (with 2 nights in london and manchester).

I doubt they would be able to do it, but then i didn't think they would headline bestival.

I doubt they would go for it. Rumour has it they have their own uk date and as for the flaming lips they are exclusive to Bestival.

I keep thinking because of set up that size could be altered, so a 10,000 gig would be possible or even a 5,000 something like indian summer used to be?

So with that in mind.....Portishead & Bjork

Edited by theampersanddevil

But posting the exact same joke a few days after nobody found it funny last time? That just reeks of desperation.

I posted it again 1) to annoy the clearly crushed Red Day and 2) to see if anyone else was reeled in.

Also, take a look at this from the bold devilman:

Dude ya got hooked. Laugh and move on. Life's too short. Further arsiness will be even funnier

Just giving the audience what it wants.