Glasgow Summer Sessions

Stuart1000

yeah, like i said the papal mass was absolutely huge.

even the logistics seemed stretched.

i was helping at it and we were there with 5 minutes before the mass started, the roads were so full.

closed a whole section of the motorway for a carpark, then didnt get home until about 11pm after it.

and it would take monumental acts to sell that out.

speaking of ... how bout the rolling stones ...

said they're not stopping so guess they'll be touring

70,000 would probably be possible for eminem, not many other bands I dare say but I doubt it will be anything close to that!

I think one of these sessions will be a dance event type thing, something like what Swedish House Mafia was at Phoenix Park in Dublin, again probably not the smartest idea but I guess this is the line they are going down.

I doubt they will manage to shift 70k tickets for this, 50k at a push i reckon but i think Paul was closer earlier with 40k, also they will defo have these where the pope was as 1) they can fit more people in if needed and 2) if is less easy for people to listen in without a ticket

I'd say 35k to 40k like most people seem to think. As for QOTSA i reckon they could be on the day of one of the rockier acts actually but i can't help but imagine them actually being able to pull it off themselves. They pretty much deserve a gig like this and this could put them up to a higher status but i don't really see it. Snow Patrol i could see happening again although this time i don't think they will sell so well the line up was fantastic last time Editors, Band of Horses and Frightened Rabbit. If that is anything to go by for these concerts then they could be some gigs.

Another point i was thinking about the special guests for Eminem the only people i can think of that could play would be Nas, Snoop and Kendrick Lamar they all seem to fit quite right for some reason. Although if it was down to me Dr. Dre would be headlining with the rest beneath him :)

Just going to point out Eminem rarely has special guests other than D12.

Edit: I'm assuming you're on about people taking part in his set. Obviously he has support, but I wouldn't necessarily assume it will be hip hop.

I would, when he played hampden it was 50, cypress hill, D12 and xzibit according to this site. I was there but can't remember who was supporting due the fact that it was terrible. There were no screens and i couldn't make out a word any of the support acts said.

Just going to point out Eminem rarely has special guests other than D12.

Edit: I'm assuming you're on about people taking part in his set. Obviously he has support, but I wouldn't necessarily assume it will be hip hop.

No i was more referring to the actual support acts, the show opens at 4 so i would expect a similar layout to the stone roses gigs which have 3 or 4 supports, Geoff Ellis also mentioned the supports were of decent size

I'd be surprised if Eminem sells out, even at 25k. Nothing is selling out at the moment. Is he still even that popular?

When was the last time he played Glasgow? You need to remember to take that into account and the fact that regardless of his music now he is still one of the most popular rappers in the world.

I would, when he played hampden it was 50, cypress hill, D12 and xzibit according to this site. I was there but can't remember who was supporting due the fact that it was terrible. There were no screens and i couldn't make out a word any of the support acts said.

50 Cent didnt play at hampden mate, he played at the MK Bowl gig a few days before. Cypress Hill and Xzibit where the support, D12 played on stage with Eminem.

Hopefully acts like Jurassic 5, Wu Tang Clan or De La Soul are supporting. That'd actually be a very strong lineup for one off gig.

Yeah definetely will be a case of seeing how demand goes for these gigs and increasing the arena size.

Would need to see the licence application to find out the official total capacity, DF won't say and just use the 'sold out' and 'extra tickets now available' to create more demand.