Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

4 hours ago, northernringo said:

Already playing that Thursday and Saturday (Germany and Sweden) so can't see them doing 3 dates in a row in 3 countries.

You are stealing my hopes and dreams. How dare you? ??

The smallprint on PJ's tour date stated that all dates are subjuct to change. I'm holding on to that until the line up notifies me that they won't be there. 

16 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

You might need a hat to be a tyler look a like.  I need a bloody good wig, as well as the aforementioned Lycra trousers stuffed with a rolled up sock. 

I actually dont know too much about them ... ive recently signed back up to apple music and realised I  know a few tracks ... will investigate more over the coming hours / days :)  

Just catching up with this news, and it's immense. I remember buying 'Big Ones' when it came out it '94. Loved it and still do.

I hope they include Dude (Looks Like a Lady) and haven't abandoned it for some reason. That would absolutely rock on the Pyramid.

Edit: Playing it again just now, it's also helped me to realise there's a balance disparity in my speakers. Rock on!

Edited by kalifire

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

I hope they include Dude (Looks Like a Lady) and haven't abandoned it for some reason. That would absolutely rock on the Pyramid.

Looking at their recent run of Vegas shows, looks like they have abandoned it. Still got a fair share of big hitters in their setlist, but it’s probably the song that springs to mind when I think of them so a shame it’s a goner, even if it did seem inevitable with the times.

Of the 43 shows they’ve done on this ‘tour’ thus far, Dude has been played 27 times. I think they’ve been mixing up the setlist a bit in Vegas to keep the residency fresh. I’d be very surprised if, when playing to a festival crowd (and especially a non-metal festival), they don’t bring out the big-hitters for this.

31 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

shame it’s a goner, even if it did seem inevitable with the times.

I don't see why it's incompatible with the times. It really does just seem as if Steve Tyler is quite surprised a man looks like a lady. Not sure what the issue is with that.

21 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I don't see why it's incompatible with the times. It really does just seem as if Steve Tyler is quite surprised a man looks like a lady. Not sure what the issue is with that.

Can’t say I’ve ever given the lyrics a proper listen - just seemed like the type of song some idiots would jump on to cancel, but you’re probably right and fingers crossed it gets an airing at the farm. 

Edited by FloorFiller

As an Aerosmith fan, I asked a transgender friend of mine if she thought Dude Looks Like a Lady was offensive to her. Although she was familiar with the tune, she had never thought that it was bad and that as in the song Tyler seems to feel quite positive about his experience with the cross-dressing / trans dude of the title, it's OK. In fact, thinking about it, a straight man talking positively about such an experience in 1987 is quite progressive for the time.

They still play it regularly, so hopefully not a problem.