Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Do I go home after a hard day's shift on the spreadsheets and slap Honkin' on Bob on the turntable?

No

But do I want to be elswhere and not down in the pit taps aff when the Toxic Twins deploy F.I.N.E.

Also no

But would you rather be any place else when the bass intro to Sweet Emotion kicks in?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

Does anyone know if Aerosmith are due a new album soon or will this now be more like a Greatest Hits set?

It’ll 100% be a greatest hits set. They’re at the stage of their career where even if they did have a new album out they’d only play one song from it in a live set.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

It’ll 100% be a greatest hits set. They’re at the stage of their career where even if they did have a new album out they’d only play one song from it in a live set.

Hole In My Soul came on my spotify the other day and forgot how much I loved that as a teenager. Not sure if that is classed as classic enough for a set though! 

The story so far....

6/12/19 - Email sent out to Aerosmith fans with Glastonbury date included. Not added to website.
12/3/20 - 1st Glastonbury poster drop, Aerosmith not included.
18/3/20 - Glastonbury cancelled
8/12/20 - Aerosmith rescheduled dates announced, in UK in June, no Glastonbury but suspicious gap.
21/1/21 - Glastonbury cancelled
22/2/21 - Aerosmith rescheduled dates announced, Glastonbury included on website, later removed.

In 2020 the 3 headliners for The Pyramid and The Other were confirmed. This pointed to Aerosmith either being "The Rock Slot" and getting an extended Saturday afternoon slot on The Pyramid or being a sub. My money was firmly on the first option.

I don't see any reason why things would be different in 2022.

• 3 months later...
10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Why would Brexit impact an American band touring Europe?

I'm not sure of this, but I think he's thinking that traveling from the UK > Europe would still make taxes and visas difficult, but I'm unaware if that is a thing.