Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

15 hours ago, maelzoid said:

As an Aerosmith fan, I asked a transgender friend of mine if she thought Dude Looks Like a Lady was offensive to her. Although she was familiar with the tune, she had never thought that it was bad and that as in the song Tyler seems to feel quite positive about his experience with the cross-dressing / trans dude of the title, it's OK. In fact, thinking about it, a straight man talking positively about such an experience in 1987 is quite progressive for the time.

They still play it regularly, so hopefully not a problem.

Realistically anyone who has a problem with that song is a twat and is doing more harm than good in terms of advancing transgender rights.

I'm getting stuck in to these guys on spotify as ive always been aware but never really listened. So many epic bangers, its such a good booking. I can see myself spending a lot more time at the pyramid this year.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Am surprised they haven't announced it yet. Would they save it for the poster drop or? 

Like Neil said, they’ve got shows to sell  over here so may not be keen for it to get a big announcement just yet, even if they have (possibly accidentally) let the cat out of the bag themselves already. Maybe they’ll get one because everybody knows already, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t come until much later, if not until the lineup drop.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Like Neil said, they’ve got shows to sell  over here so may not be keen for it to get a big announcement just yet, even if they have (possibly accidentally) let the cat out of the bag themselves already. Maybe they’ll get one because everybody knows already, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t come until much later, if not until the lineup drop.

Was thinking first poster. Would of been insane to see them on the middle/top line next to 3 full headliner sized bands. 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Hi all

I've read through the thread but can't find how/if we know that Aerosmith will be subbing Macca?

They emailed out a list of tour dates to their fan mailing list which included Glastonbury on the Saturday.

Assumed to be subbing Macca as they aren't different enough to be up against him - plus they are big fans of his.

28 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

anything is possible, but I reckon it's hugely unlikely they'll have two 70+ (age) year old acts on the Pyramid and Other at the same time in the most-prime 'party' slot of the festival.

Would be an odd clash like. On before Macca would be pretty good tbh. 

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

Do we not think 3rd down Pyramid Saturday is a possibility like Janet Jackson or Katy Perry.  We've seen huge US stars in that slot recently so I don't think it's impossible.

Not impossible but I think it's fair to say Aerosmith are much bigger than both of them. Pretty sure the only 2 slots they could play are subbing Macca or against him on Other.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FakeEmpire said:

Do we not think 3rd down Pyramid Saturday is a possibility like Janet Jackson or Katy Perry.  We've seen huge US stars in that slot recently so I don't think it's impossible.

I think there's a good chance of this. Bill it as something akin to the Legends slot, give them an hour+ and they'll probably get a bigger crowd with less big names up against them.

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

I'm gonna kick off if they're not Subbing Macca. That combination is the stuff dream's are made of. 

I will also accept third down if somehow that happened. 

I think the fact Aerosmith are playing at all (and not headlining) means the typical order of increasing stature goes out the window. I reckon they could play whenever (within reason) and be billed as 'special guests' or something, not too dissimilar to the Legend spot on the Sunday. Won't be surprised if they're 3rd or 4th last to play that day (but they're definitely gonna be on the Pyramid). Can't rule out Noel subbing for this reason.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

I think the fact Aerosmith are playing at all (and not headlining) means the typical order of increasing stature goes out the window. I reckon they could play whenever (within reason) and be billed as 'special guests' or something, not too dissimilar to the Legend spot on the Sunday. Won't be surprised if they're 3rd or 4th last to play that day (but they're definitely gonna be on the Pyramid). Can't rule out Noel subbing for this reason.

Word.

I mean it’s out of the realms of possibility for them to play third down. I can’t believe they got Katy Perry to play third down.

Maybe third down pyramid on a Saturday (in the mind of Emily eavis) is a slot to get a big American act - not so much a big American pop act.

I do think though whoever they would put in between needs to be pretty massive otherwise they might get really hurt by the crowd movement.