Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

1 hour ago, lazzareo said:

So what are the "Big Ones" then as I'm going to listen to Aerosmith for the next hour or so?

All I know is "Dream On" which I love and then the usual soft rock stuff from the 80/90's i.e. Crazy, Love In An Elevator, I Don't Want To Miss A Thing and Walk This Way.  I don't know anything else and suspect there may be many I should give a listen to. 

I'm not much more of a fan than yourself so I'm probably not the best person to be advising what to listen to - it was just a pun on the album of that name ?   However its probably not the worst place to start - listening to it myself right now.

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

I'm not much more of a fan than yourself so I'm probably not the best person to be advising what to listen to - it was just a pun on the album of that name ?   However its probably not the worst place to start - listening to it myself right now.

In theses instances I tend to take Alan partridges advice, when asked what his fav Beatles album was he answered the best of the Beatles. So check out the very best of Aerosmith! 

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

That's fair enough,

For me it's filed under "a massive band/act I'd never pay to see but am unlikely to miss".

It's unlikely I'll listen to them much over the next 6 months but think it'll be a great laugh on the night.

Exactly how I see them - listening now, but probably wont listen too much.  Wouldn't go to their gig, but will def be there for their slot on the Sat night

So what are the "Big Ones" then as I'm going to listen to Aerosmith for the next hour or so?

All I know is "Dream On" which I love and then the usual soft rock stuff from the 80/90's i.e. Crazy, Love In An Elevator, I Don't Want To Miss A Thing and Walk This Way.  I don't know anything else and suspect there may be many I should give a listen to. 

Setify is an awesome thing. You chose a band and either recent sets of a 'average' setlist and it stranforms to a playlist on Spotify. For example: https://setify.co/a/3d2b98e5-556f-4451-a3ff-c50ea18d57cb

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, deadash321 said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but how many people got these emails? Are they legit? As the Paris date says 2030 so I’m wondering if this is another RATM moment? 

anyone on their fan email list, presumably.

I had a copy forwarded to me, different people posted they'd had it in this thread, and there's a number of different screenshots of it on twitter and here.

If I've been scammed it's been done very well and very quickly.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

anyone on their fan email list, presumably.

I had a copy forwarded to me, different people posted they'd had it in this thread, and there's a number of different screenshots of it on twitter and here.

If I've been scammed it's been done very well and very quickly.

That’s good enough for me! Thank you ?

The first 5 albums are solid listens, but Toys in the Attic and Rocks are especially good. From the revival era, Permanent Vacation, Pump and Get A Grip are decent (if patchy).

As for songs, this was the first compilation to encompass their whole career (Big Ones only has the Geffen material) and is close to definitive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O,_Yeah!_Ultimate_Aerosmith_Hits

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

The first 5 albums are solid listens, but Toys in the Attic and Rocks are especially good. From the revival era, Permanent Vacation, Pump and Get A Grip are decent (if patchy).

As for songs, this was the first compilation to encompass their whole career (Big Ones only has the Geffen material) and is close to definitive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O,_Yeah!_Ultimate_Aerosmith_Hits

Toys in the Attic and Get A Grip are stone cold classics. ?

2 hours ago, lazzareo said:

‘Sweet Emotion’ is top level! Also a big fan of ‘Eat the Rich’ and ‘Rag Doll’. Don’t forget ‘Dude Looks Like a Lady’ or ‘Cryin’ as they’ll be big sing alongs.

‘Pink’ is fricking amazing but I suspect they won’t play it.

Erm.... ‘Living on the Edge’ and ‘Jamie’s Got a Gun’ too! There’s more but see how you get on with those.

2 hours ago, Justiceforcedave said:

‘Sweet Emotion’ is top level! Also a big fan of ‘Eat the Rich’ and ‘Rag Doll’. Don’t forget ‘Dude Looks Like a Lady’ or ‘Cryin’ as they’ll be big sing alongs.

‘Pink’ is fricking amazing but I suspect they won’t play it.

Erm.... ‘Living on the Edge’ and ‘Jamie’s Got a Gun’ too! There’s more but see how you get on with those.

Latest set list including PINK

5. (Rufus Thomas cover)
  7. (Fleetwood Mac cover)
  14. Encore:
  16. (Elvis Presley cover)
  17. (with "Whole Lotta Love" snippet)

Edited by Earth_pig