Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Neil. Why are you being conservative on the TBC’s this year :P

Surely this info is bang on the money. It would take a lot to dispute this now.

True, but it's a bit 'he said she said' and from someone without a history of telling me stuff (so I can't judge his reliability).

I've little doubt now he's going to be spot on, but I like to have something I know to be trustworthy for a TBC.

31 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

What a coup for the festival, I wonder if Lars had a word in their ear, not much will keep me from a massive Pyramid singalong. When you look at Kendrick, Diana Ross, Macca, Swifty & Aerosmith as good as confirmed already (4 from the US) it shows the pulling power of Glastonbury.

Tickets looking good value too, how much would it cost to see just these 5?

Congratulations Emily & Michael.

9 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I think this all the time... it just shows how fantastic the value for money is on a Glastonbury ticket. I reckon you’re probably looking at a minimum of £400 for those 5, realistically £500.

Incredible to think they’ve booked all 5 of those.

This is extremely unusual for Glastonbury to pull a Aerosmith in a non headliner slot and remember when you see the acts you can generally get much closer for paying that extra amount separately. I get what you're saying but it's not as clear cut as just what you're getting for extra money.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

True, but it's a bit 'he said she said' and from someone without a history of telling me stuff (so I can't judge his reliability).

I've little doubt now he's going to be spot on, but I like to have something I know to be trustworthy for a TBC.

A part of me is pushing for a TBC just to edge it closer :P

There’s still a lot of people out there who think it’s Madonna and not Swift, which as a massive stan I can’t support.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Haha - Me convincing my wife (we had a very new baby at the time) I needed to go in 2017 on the back of the strong Daft Punk rumour that Neil put on here.  Got the pass on the back of that had an amazing time, though doubt I will ever get to play the daft punk card again :sorry:.

cant wait for 2020 though after getting tickets.

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

plenty of things could have changed since then. there's been info before that parts have turned out to be correct, and other bits of the info haven't.

Completely, but with the Aerosmith drop just now and with Kendrick and Taylors tour dates. Along with what Emily has said 'male solo and female solo artist who have never played. I don't actually know if it could be anyone else and the news Neil got was from months ago now. 

2 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Based on the comments on the NME article on FB this seems to have gone over better than the Macca Annoucement.

I’m not surprised. Aerosmith playing and not headlining is just a really good deal. It’s also inoffensive and does not infringe on the rest of the lineup at all. There’s nothing negative to say about it.

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Completely, but with the Aerosmith drop just now and with Kendrick and Taylors tour dates. Along with what Emily has said 'male solo and female solo artist who have never played. I don't actually know if it could be anyone else and the news Neil got was from months ago now. 

about six weeks ago. Like I say, i'm pretty sure the info is going to be spot on.

6 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Curious have seen you put Noel as SR for Other now? whats stopping him from sub headlining under Swift? 

Himself, probably.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-doesnt-understand-how-taylor-swift-is-successful-but-says-she-couldve-made-her-way-in-oasis-2160481

2 hours ago, cheesey_toastie said:

image.thumb.png.c2c354328a3cd252414dd8a5e113c0c3.png

Was the Run DMC 35 year this last year or ... is there a chance they could walk this way? 

Doubt it, they both headlined different festivals in the uk on the same weekend in 2017 and neither turned up to the others show. Although thinking about it there may have been contractual reasons for that, so actually there’s more chance of run dmc turning up at G.

Edited by Smeble