Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

3 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

It seems he must be playing Sunday or Friday then. Headlining the Other makes sense if you're right. 

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

It seems he must be playing Sunday or Friday then. Headlining the Other makes sense if you're right. 

Sure he has a gig on Friday.  So Sunday opposite Swift

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I mean, a lot of people (myself included) were pretty convinced it was gonna be Noel pre-Macca, and last time it was Black Eyed Peas. Think we’ve done pretty damn well all things considered.

I was decidedly non-plussed with the Noel idea so it's an improvement on that, but Black Eyed Peas or whoever today's equivalent is fine as you get crowd churn, I don't usually bother watching the act before anyone to get a spot as you can swan up at the end and get a decent place usually. Aerosmith into Paul McCartney on the other hand is going to involve virtually no movement of the crowd so I'll end up feeling like I have to watch both.

Great booking. Bucket list type band for me. Worth half the ticket money alone. Think how much a ticket to the tour will be for a good seat or standing. Nice extended sub slot will do nicely. I think they'd throw in Crazy on the setlist for such a special occasion

Edited by Barry Trotter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Are we really sure Noel is playing? He has been around before and sat the thing out.

I expect he will play but he has been expected to play many times and never done it.

Guy who had the Kendrick/Aerosmith info also had Noel in the mix so I’d say he’s a certainty at this point, along with him being mentioned with the Stormzy info from last year.

12 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't fail to be a better warm up than Primal Scream were for the Stones.

Party central at the Pymild.

Despite that being a shambles and Bobby being absolutely raging for no good reason I like Primal Scream, I've no real relationship with Aerosmith beyond the unavoidable. 

It's an absolutely huge booking don't get me wrong a massive deal but it's giving me slight call to winge. 

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Are we really sure Noel is playing? He has been around before and sat the thing out.

I expect he will play but he has been expected to play many times and never done it.

And wasn’t Noel a name included from the bloke who said Aerosmith, Kendrick etc...

1 minute ago, discgoesmic said:

Any possibility it could go Aerosmith > Noel > Macca? 

Aerosmith aren't massive anymore (although they still have the heritage legendary status) so I wonder if this could work.

Aerosmith whipping the crowd up with Mama Kin and Walk This Way, only for The Gammonfather to saunter on and plod through Little by Little and Magic Pie.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Aerosmith whipping the crowd up with Mama Kin and Walk This Way, only for The Gammonfather to saunter on and plod through Little by Little and Magic Pie.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

More likely to be Noel > Aero > Mac

These are both excellent points! It's not normally my thing, but thinking I'll go along as I've heard Walk This Way thousands of times on the ride at Disney ?

19 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

Tickets looking good value too, how much would it cost to see just these 5?

I think this all the time... it just shows how fantastic the value for money is on a Glastonbury ticket. I reckon you’re probably looking at a minimum of £400 for those 5, realistically £500.

Incredible to think they’ve booked all 5 of those.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

in fairness, GFL have form in doing that on the Pyramid. Katy Perry -> The National, Chic -> Biffy Clyro, Ellie Goulding -> Beck, Motorhead -> Libertines....