Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

22 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

As much as I can't think of anything I've ever been less interested in, this seems fairly impressive work 

Sums up my feelings fairly well, good booking and I had no idea that there were that many people still interested in seeing these guys. Not a diss on you all, they're just one of those bands I've never clicked with nor wish to. 

Does anyone else find it slightly odd that the majority of the tour dates are exactly three days apart? Not sure I've seen such rigidity in a tour line up before (other than a long string of consecutive nights). 

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

music week nme has just quoted the glasto thingy which is referencing what's been posted in this thread. :lol: 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/aerosmith-confirm-glastonbury-slot-as-they-announce-2020-uk-tour-2584568

The more press it gets the more likely it will be that Glasto HQ will confirm it.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Globally, I'd say yes.

I wonder if they'll get longer than an hour? I hope so.

Don't subs usually get about 75 mins anyway...

But I could totally see them getting a full show's worth. It's going back a few years but when Page and Plant did it, they had 2+ hours, so not unprecedented.

2 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Don't subs usually get about 75 mins anyway...

But I could totally see them getting a full show's worth. It's going back a few years but when Page and Plant did it, they had 2+ hours, so not unprecedented.

If they were, they might have to drop one of the artists that day. Macca is more than likely gonna get 2 - 2 and a half hours. So you're looking at 4 hours (hour half for Aerosmith) without the set up time between 3rd/sub and then again between sub/headliner (which is normally an hour. Aerosmith would have to start at like 6:30 for all that to make sense. 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's certainly the funniest. I've gone slightly giddy at the idea of it.

Yeah I’m hardly a fan but think it’ll be a right laugh. One of those bands I’d never in a million years choose to see in any other circumstance, really, and they’ve got a nice hour of certified crowd pleasers in them for sure.

39 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Where else do you have to be on a Saturday night.

The biggest bobo honk in Glastonbury history.

I'd like to think at the best festival on the planet there'd be something better to do than live it up whilst they go down. Maybe Aerosmith will be the perfect drunken singalong warm up for his Macca-ness but honestly I'm underwhelmed by the prospect.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

I'd like to think at the best festival on the planet there'd be something better to do than live it up whilst they go down. Maybe Aerosmith will be the perfect drunken singalong warm up for his Macca-ness but honestly I'm underwhelmed by the prospect.

I mean, a lot of people (myself included) were pretty convinced it was gonna be Noel pre-Macca, and last time it was Black Eyed Peas. Think we’ve done pretty damn well all things considered.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Can't fail to be a better warm up than Primal Scream were for the Stones.

Party central at the Pymild.

30 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

I was told a couple of months back that he was probably headlining from someone who would know and I have no reason to doubt them.  Seeing them again in a couple of weeks so will let you know if there has been any change.

It seems he must be playing Sunday or Friday then. Headlining the Other makes sense if you're right. 

What a coup for the festival, I wonder if Lars had a word in their ear, not much will keep me from a massive Pyramid singalong. When you look at Kendrick, Diana Ross, Macca, Swifty & Aerosmith as good as confirmed already (4 from the US) it shows the pulling power of Glastonbury.

Tickets looking good value too, how much would it cost to see just these 5?

Congratulations Emily & Michael.