Aerosmith?

Guest Justiceforcedave

Just now, danbailey80 said:

I don't mean to burst everyone bubble but I'm much more convinced they will headline The Other....and clash with Macca. 

Why is everyone so sure they are subbing?

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

They'd never clash them......would they?

Nah, just don’t see that at all. If they’re playing then it’s cause they’ve got a prestigious slot subbing McCartney on the big stage - not going up against him on the second fiddle stage. 100% Macca sub, no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Given that Aerosmith will get a monster crowd and there'll be a huge crossover with Macca does this mean that if you want a decent spot for Paul you'll have to get down the front getting your bono honked by these lads?

Where else do you have to be on a Saturday night.

The biggest bobo honk in Glastonbury history.

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Given that Aerosmith will get a monster crowd and there'll be a huge crossover with Macca does this mean that if you want a decent spot for Paul you'll have to get down the front getting your bono honked by these lads?

'Honkin' on Bono' is their new album of U2 covers...

It will depend on who is on the other... If that ends up being someone like the 1975, I think the crowds will be quite nicely split up. Of course, it will be quite roomy in the Avalon tent...

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

The most likely outcome is that the Pyramid sized Other headliners are actually just slightly bigger Other headliners than we’re used to, aka Noel Gallagher. 

They are doing this for album and ticket sales from BBC footage. No one would watch them on bbc 4 or whatever if macca is on bbc 1

So Emily’s comments about extending the pyramid field make sense. The reason why she thought about it is probably because they are going to have a lot of people hanging around the pyramid all day.

Will take me a lot to leave that field from Aerosmith to Macca.

Most bands would be happy to not headline if Macca was above them on the bill. I mean The Killers are subbing Macca at TW Classic at Werchter in Belgium and they headlined Glasto last year! Aerosmith on before Macca is a great way of having a big band and not give them headliner. 

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So either Noel or Aerosmith are clashing? That's cruel. 

Why is every one so sure Noel is playing Saturday? 

Yeah sorry Noel looks likely for the Sunday opposite Taylor - just the best example of a likely Otuwr Stage headliner who is a bit bigger than usual.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Please the other headliner! It’s got to be dark for the phone lights during I don’t want to miss a thing and crying etc ! 

No. Hits set on the pyramid and Steven Tyler coming on with Macca. Helter Skelter with Tyler sounds great.

14 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

So either Noel or Aerosmith are clashing? That's cruel. 

Why is every one so sure Noel is playing Saturday? 

I was told a couple of months back that he was probably headlining from someone who would know and I have no reason to doubt them.  Seeing them again in a couple of weeks so will let you know if there has been any change.