In need of HELP pleaseee.

Guest Holmesylad28

Hey cheers, it's my 1st time camping at leeds I normally go to a hotel with the mrs, but this year I'm going with a few lads, it's there 1st festival and we can't be arsed with any Pillocks, so chilled sounds good. If we get early bird tickets whats the Wednesday like? What's to do? Is there any entertainment? Plus what is Piccadilly party?

Hey cheers, it's my 1st time camping at leeds I normally go to a hotel with the mrs, but this year I'm going with a few lads, it's there 1st festival and we can't be arsed with any Pillocks, so chilled sounds good. If we get early bird tickets whats the Wednesday like? What's to do? Is there any entertainment? Plus what is Piccadilly party?

well we got the train so got there for bout 2-ish.

just sat round the fire with a few guys we met, then went a wander.

picadilly party is basically a big outdoor bit with djs on till 4 or 5 in the morning i think.

couldnt recommend earlybird enough.

give you a chance to get settled, then on the thursday we took the bus to tesco, got decent food, a decent toilet (for the last time) and got a coupon on :)

i think there might be a few smaller bands on on the wednesday, cant really remember. also theres the campsite DJ's but really just sitting at camp meeting the neighbours.

the campsite can be a bit mental on the sunday but just tell any idiots to piss off and they do.

really safe too, always wardens and stewards etc walking bout the camps.

• 4 weeks later...

When I went last year, got there about midday Wednesday and camped in Orange, it was almost full by Wednesday night.

This year a couple of us are planning on getting there really early Wednesday morning to be one of first lot in and getting everyone elses tents set up closer to the arena. Trek last year was a killer!

It depends how many are going in your group and how big your tents are but you should be alright getting an ok spot if theres only a small group of you and you dont mind squashing up. The past three years ive been i've gone in a big group and got there at midnight on wednesday and they open the gates at 2am thursday moring for weekend ticket holders. There has never been any issues with traffic and the atmosphere at the gates is pretty good with everyone drinking etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Edited by Gaucho

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Silly question guys - how many camp sites are there at Leeds? first time at Leeds this year - won tickets through a raffle at work, tickets donated by Calsberg so hoping they give us the decentest camping zone (plus a few crates to get us started on the Thursday