Greatest Albums

Guest Big Vern

I'd say-

The Darkness - Permission to Land, Not to everyone's taste but it's one of my all time favourite albums and i have always loved the band. I feel they are terribly underrated at times and when they play live it is nothing compared to their CD's they sound so much better.

Neutral Milk Hotel - In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, I love you Jesus Christ! It's an amazing album but it's too short there should be more too it.

Frightened Rabbit - Midnight Organ Fight, this is their most what you would say radio friendly album. However i've never heard it on the radio it just seems like that to me because all the songs on it are immediate hits in my opinion but if you like any of the songs at all on it you are likely to like the rest of their albums/EP's.

The Flaming Lips- Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, just an amazing album Fight Test and Do you Realize? being the best on the album, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots part 1 comes quite close to them too.

The Who - Quadrophenia, Amazing album, Amazing Movie this is an album everyone must listen to.

Jack White- Blunderbuss, few great songs on there and i would call it one of the best albums i have bought from this year.

The White Stripes- Elephant, another just great album that you can listen to several times and not get tired of it at all. Seven Nation Army is slightly over played but you will still find yourself humming along to the guitar at the start.

That's about all of the albums i can think of right now but if you want to try some metal go for Metallica's- Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets. Anthrax- Among the Living, Motorhead - Overkill.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a couple of 'go to' albums that always hit the spot:

Chronicles of a Bohemian Teenager - Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly

Till the Sun Turns Black - Ray LaMontagne

Blue - Joni Mitchell

Is This It? - The Strokes

The First Days of Spring - Noah and the Whale

And for some reason I can't get enough of Beachcombers Windowsill by Stornoway.

Ok, that's more than a couple, sorry! ;)

Edited by Morse Code

Pixies - Doolittle

Portishead - portsihead

Ballboy - a guide to daylight hours.

Hope of the states - lost riots

Ryan Adams - heartbreaker

Bright eyes - casadaga

Albums I always return to, I wouldn't say they were amongst the greatest albums ever (although maybe Doolittle is) but they are all right next to my CD player.

Edited by theampersanddevil

John Martyn is brilliant. I only own Solid Air but have heard a couple of others which I have loved.

I mentioned on the first page of the thread Forever Changes By Love is up there. Which it is.

I would also like to add.

Velvet Underground & Nico

Low -Bowie

On The Beach - Neil Young (If I had to pick one album it will probably be this)

After The Goldrush - Neil Young

Blood On The Tracks - Bob Dylan

BrIdge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel

Pink Moon - Nick Drake

The Doors - The Doors

OK Computer - Radiohead

Achtung Baby - U2

Anything by The Beatles from Rubber Soul onwards (Minus Yellow Submarine and Let It Be) is worthy of a shout. I can never pick a favourite Beatles album as it changes all the time. I do love Let It Be but don't think it's one of the best records ever made.

Fat of the Land - The Prodigy - still sounds great today :)

Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols - childhood memories :)

12 gold bars - Status Quo (guilty pleasure) :)

The Harder they come - Jimmy Cliff

Edited by oneeye