Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

I enjoyed the Tracy Thorn interview. Good story about Kurt and Courtney being Marine Girls fans. Marine Girls are not so obscure to those of us of a certain age. They were on the 99p Cherry Red compilation LP that we all bought in the early eighties. The 99pness was very attractive.

• Upvote 1

worst episode ever.

sickening boogie woogie piano with callum. xD

tracy thorn was the best bit. i kept hoping she would sing.

everything everything = the long term effects of a nitrous oxide habit?

haim was the best thing

Edited by hedgepeg

I thought Haim and Everything Everything were both very good... really hoping they aren't gonna clash with anyone major... although I'm prob gonna see Everything Everything on their winter tour anyway.

Really? Both very poor IMO. Reasonable songs, just shit live performances of them.

Nothing really inspired me on last nights episode. Perhaps I'm just getting grumpy in my old age...

i was at the jools holland show for this episode (i was too the right of 'everything x2).I have wanted to go to the show for years now and when i got tickets i was over the moon. i hoped i would get some pretty amazing acts, but allas i was not too chipper about them.

i love primal scream and i have seen them many a time (x5or6) but their recent music is something my dad would even find boring. such a shame.

everything 2x seemed really cocky, im not sure if that came accross on the box as i didnt watch it. hearing all those songs upto 3 times each on tuesday has made me even not want to tune into my 5 mins of fame.

haim... jesus. i was at the other side of the room from them but that bass face made me want to slap her. all night she seemed to be eyeing up the bass player from everything x2 but he was really not interested and after that face pulling i dont think even a blind man would be.

jamie watzit face was actually pretty uplifting but i still cant see past his jamie oliver comparison even though i think he's not too much similar to him (i really dont understand myself either).

on a final note i have to say that the night beds act was pretty good live. their friday night song sounded specifically awesome IMHO.

• Upvote 1

The young lady out of Haim with the facial tic does seem to be an odd character, I heard she'd made some rather explicit remarks regarding Andrew Garfield, I'm pretty sure the verbatim comment was "he wouldn't have a dick left, I'd chisel that down with my labia". Goodness me.

The young lady out of Haim with the facial tic does seem to be an odd character, I heard she'd made some rather explicit remarks regarding Andrew Garfield, I'm pretty sure the verbatim comment was "he wouldn't have a dick left, I'd chisel that down with my labia". Goodness me.

the bass player from 'everything everything' looks a bit like him as it goes. funny that.

but ill tell you what she could chisel any dick down with that mouth too. jee wizz

I enjoyed the Tracy Thorn interview. Good story about Kurt and Courtney being Marine Girls fans. Marine Girls are not so obscure to those of us of a certain age. They were on the 99p Cherry Red compilation LP that we all bought in the early eighties. The 99pness was very attractive.

Just don't say that out loud. :P

Edited by Will-2609

I love Primal Scream but that was dull. I do find sometimes bands I like just don't work on that show. The rest was crap apart from the keyboardist in Haim's legs...

those new songs Primal Scream played don't sound very good at all imo. really hope they keep them to a minimum at Glastonbury. all sounded like standard rock by numbers Primal Scream on autopilot

Pillows and Prayers. Still got my copy - it's got Attila the Stockbroker on it too :)

I will be seeing Primal Scream this year after missing out last time round to see U2, i bet those songs are a lot better live at a festival, Billy just didn't seem up for it, it is much better when Manny is there on bass as well. I still think they will rock at Glasto. After all look at the back catalogue.

I quite enjoyed Heim, agree about the organists legs, i had a little perve on that ! The bass guitarist was really funny, worth going to see for the laugh :)

Everything else was dish water, and i hate Everything x 2, the singer looks like a right prick, up them selves mancs ( sorry mancs)

There's a fair bit of old Scream stuff in the setlists still. The new single definitely doesn't work at all without the gospel singers but I still think at Glasto they could be fantastic if they sort themselves out.

Edited by Trebor

new album ain't out yet though so i'm sure upon release they'll incorporate a few more new'uns into their set lists (although at the moment it's just It's Alright, It's OK and 2013 which would do me just fine)

if they open their set with Swastika Eyes like they've been doing quite recently i will go absolutely mental (in the best possible way). haven't stopped watching their hilariously shambolic Glastonbury 2005 performance of it

quite enjoyed all three of them tbh! hopefully gonna catch Alunageorge at Glasto.

although i've gotta say i listened to Phoenix's new album yesterday and i really don't rate it at al. there's something really missing and it's far too synthy for my liking. was kind of disappointed about missing them but that's lessened somewhat now