Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Primal Scream on this at the moment. Bobby's vocals aren't as godawful as i remember them being (still not great, mind)

Awful song though. Boring, Primal Scream by numbers.

It's weird how this band have somehow made amazing albums like Screamadelica, Vanishing Point and XTRMNTR amongst all the other shit they release.

Awful song though. Boring, Primal Scream by numbers.

It's weird how this band have somehow made amazing albums like Screamadelica, Vanishing Point and XTRMNTR amongst all the other shit they release.

they're a very weird band - go through phases of utter brilliance (the albums you mdntioned) and then longer phases of pretty tepid by-the-numbers stuff (most of their other stuff)

new'un is definitely a by-the-numbers ordeal. sounds like Movin' On Up pt 2, but less amazing. not terrible though. can definitely see it growing on me

Edited by FloorFiller

At least when you see them live they usually still play a decent amount of their good material. Saw them twice last summer, in a small venue and a big show and they were both really good. Did a cracking performance of Swastika Eyes at the small gig.

yeah they seem to have a good idea on what is their best material thankfully. imagine it'll be a greatest hits affair at Glastonbury with a few new'uns chucked in. never had the opportunity to see Swastika Eyes live but from the videos i've seen (Glastonbury 2005 is a particular favourite) it's amazing

yeah they seem to have a good idea on what is their best material thankfully. imagine it'll be a greatest hits affair at Glastonbury with a few new'uns chucked in. never had the opportunity to see Swastika Eyes live but from the videos i've seen (Glastonbury 2005 is a particular favourite) it's amazing

Its pretty close to being my favourite Scream track, immense live especially when the crowd are up for it.

Really didn't expect everyone on here to agree with me but it seems my every thought has been echoed:

1) Primal Scream - Alright, Ok. Apt title. Sounds like the tune that got cut from Screamadelica because it didn't have enough oomph.

2) Jamie and Jools - Obviously good, but still irritating to watch.

3) Haim - Disappointing, and the contorted faces made me slightly hate them

4) Everything Everywhere - 4G. Best band (width) so far. Impressive performance.

5) Portuguese woman - Probably ok... if you know what she's on about. Can't really deal with foreign language acts which rely heavily on vocals... Sigur Ros closest I can think of (for some tunes)

6) Night Beds - Didn't concentrate.

Really didn't expect everyone on here to agree with me but it seems my every thought has been echoed:

1) Primal Scream - Alright, Ok. Apt title. Sounds like the tune that got cut from Screamadelica because it didn't have enough oomph.

2) Jamie and Jools - Obviously good, but still irritating to watch.

3) Haim - Disappointing, and the contorted faces made me slightly hate them

4) Everything Everywhere - 4G. Best band (width) so far. Impressive performance.

5) Portuguese woman - Probably ok... if you know what she's on about. Can't really deal with foreign language acts which rely heavily on vocals... Sigur Ros closest I can think of (for some tunes)

6) Night Beds - Didn't concentrate.

Would agree with most of that and I don't even like Everything Everything.

i thought Everything Everything were okay but the vocals kind of annoyed me - couldn't really hit the notes he was going for. really tried to get into them, and i probably should like them, but for some reason something about them just doesn't click with me

I don't get the fuss with EE, listened to them quite a bit on the radio, including live sets, and they just don't do it for me.