Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

13 hours ago, Quark said:

Haven't watched it all yet  but was really impressed by Georgia. Right up my street

She was fantastic on the park stage last year, opened the friday morning and gave it everything despite the time of day and the relatively small crowd. Have a feeling if she's there next year she'll get a slightly better slot!

44 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

She was fantastic on the park stage last year, opened the friday morning and gave it everything despite the time of day and the relatively small crowd. Have a feeling if she's there next year she'll get a slightly better slot!

Dammit, why is it that i keep discovering acts and then finding I could have seen them at Glastonbury?! Every bloody time!! :lol:

14 hours ago, Quark said:

Haven't watched it all yet  but was really impressed by Georgia. Right up my street

I saw Georgia support the The Kills in 2016 and have been following her since, always have a good time at her shows. Used to be a two piece but interesting she's now going completely solo, check out "Hard Lie This" 

Edited by Kalopsia

On 10/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, Padjeq said:

I wonder is it still live. Liam mentioned recording the show a few weeks ago. Figured it was the Hootenany.

No the shows are recorded 2-3 weeks earlier now for some reason, and its moved back to TV centre in London rather than Maidstone - not too sure why, I though it was ace when it was in Maidstone and they had did the 1/2 hour live show show immediately after the one hour recording. Seemed a lot less people there as well, there used to be around 400 when recorder in Maidstone

1 hour ago, dingbat2 said:

No the shows are recorded 2-3 weeks earlier now for some reason, and its moved back to TV centre in London rather than Maidstone - not too sure why, I though it was ace when it was in Maidstone and they had did the 1/2 hour live show show immediately after the one hour recording. Seemed a lot less people there as well, there used to be around 400 when recorder in Maidstone

Due to new tech apparently. Wanted to mix up the look as well. Not sure its been much of a success tho, i have to agree with those on here it was rather boring. The lineup wasnt great either. Maybe next week will be. 

10 hours ago, Quark said:

Dammit, why is it that i keep discovering acts and then finding I could have seen them at Glastonbury?! Every bloody time!! :lol:

Same!

Worst experience for me was discovering Grimes, then finding out I could have seen her in an early afternoon slot in the dance tent at Reading festival about 5 weeks earlier ?

5 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Same!

Worst experience for me was discovering Grimes, then finding out I could have seen her in an early afternoon slot in the dance tent at Reading festival about 5 weeks earlier ?

Bear's Den, Anteros, Shura, Georgia, sure I can think of more!

On 10/22/2019 at 7:55 AM, Quark said:

Playing Brighton next Friday you beauty :)

She's just cancelled Manchester due to tonsillitis so my night just got a lot more boring ?

Hope she can still make Brighton for you!

I'll be picking up a ticket for Leeds on her 2020 jaunt so not the end of the world I guess. 

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

She's just cancelled Manchester due to tonsillitis so my night just got a lot more boring ?

Hope she can still make Brighton for you!

I'll be picking up a ticket for Leeds on her 2020 jaunt so not the end of the world I guess. 

Turns out I couldn't make it anyway, had a pre-booking in with Mrs Q for the weekend so will be away to Norwich! Will keep an eye for new dates.

Are they not re-arranging the Manchester date then? Gutted :(

Watched both of the longer episodes. Fascinating watching Jools walking the guest hosts through the job, with him not knowing which one the brass are lining up as his replacement. He's aware too, doing his best to interview Jessie Ware while she was trying to do the same to him. 

7 hours ago, Padjeq said:

Watched both of the longer episodes. Fascinating watching Jools walking the guest hosts through the job, with him not knowing which one the brass are lining up as his replacement. He's aware too, doing his best to interview Jessie Ware while she was trying to do the same to him. 

Sorry, sometimes I find it difficult to know what's a joke and what's not!  Is this real - are they really looking to replace him?  I find the new series really isn't doing it for me, it seems to have lost it's intimacy and whole ethos.

10 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Sorry, sometimes I find it difficult to know what's a joke and what's not!  Is this real - are they really looking to replace him?  I find the new series really isn't doing it for me, it seems to have lost it's intimacy and whole ethos.

They're not gonna want this relic from The Tube around forever. The show is so awkward now. First week there was context for the guest host as it was Mark Ronson, who was performing. Second week was a tired looking Jessie Ware, a singer who did not do any singing, so just walked with Jools in tandem introducing the guests. Way too many cooks.