Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Benjamin booker! I drunkenly accosted him in the queue for a pie the other year. Lovely man. He put up with my inebriated burbling about how great he was and gave me a big hug.

• Upvote 1

Nope... Sorry WELLER 

Nope.... AJ... And these are supposed to be one of the bands to see. He should lose that thing under his nose... 

Dave.. Great name but rapcrap.. At least he's not acting that gangster shit.. Which is a nice change . he hasn't grabbed his Bollox once.. A nice polite  rapper . Hopefully he does OK. 

Funky Maggi.. To Samey 

Bloody hell this customer is NOT satisfied...... Clever tho.. Must be good shrooms 

Pink dragon... Nooope... Clangers yes dragon no

The godfather of mods singing lullabies... Nope he's great but this doesn't do it for me.. But when you've done it all you deserve to be able to do Wot you yourself wants to do... Fair play.. 

No Fri watch for me lol

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

First time I've seen Alt-J live, Jesus they sounded terrible, like a bunch of students having their first band practice. 

They surely can't be a future festival headliner? Terrible stuff 

One of the worst bands ever. Just shit.

5 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

First time I've seen Alt-J live, Jesus they sounded terrible, like a bunch of students having their first band practice. 

They surely can't be a future festival headliner? Terrible stuff 

4 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup. Woeful. Couldn't play their way out of a damp paper bag.

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

One of the worst bands ever. Just shit.

After seeing them get such praise on here, I thought they would be worth a listen. Good God, they were dull, are these really going to headline The Other.

Alt-J had actually been growing on me - slightly - with their biggest songs popping up regularly on my Glasto playlists. I was starting to think that maybe they're not quite as dull as I thought they were. But last night was really poor and has killed off the <5% chance that I'd have considered seeing them. Wasn't overly impressed with Friday's show in all honesty.

53 minutes ago, Havors said:

That's what I just said. Some people just need to remember it's their opinion and not mistake it for fact. 

Not sure what else you expect from comments - quantify everything with IMO?

Edited by henry bear
Spelling

52 minutes ago, ClementsMike said:

I was going to say, its hardly an opinion that Alt J were poor on Jools, they 'really' were awful! #fact

:lol:

I haven't seen the performance, makes me want to watch  now. I'm a fan but have to admit I have seen a couple of poor performances from them like they really can't be arsed.