Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

Kasabian were pretty much what I expected.  Don't quite have the rage about them that some people seem to, but equally it just didn't do much for me. Acid House was better than Psycho though.

Anderson. Paak, Thundercat and Courtney Marie Andrew all sounded good, but in terms of Glastonbury will depend on what time they're on stage.

Goldfrapp good as always, they're high on my list (clash dependent)

Jools does like a waffle, but fuggit he's been running the show for 25 years and has had a veritable who's who of bands through the door, so let him keep going :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No surprises for me, really. Anderson Paak not quite as good as i thought, Thundercat better than expected. Kasabian are Kasabian. CMA fine but interchangeable with any number of other country singers. 

bless this acid house sounds very similar to always touched by your presence dear by blondie.

The thing is I think of kasbian as still being new ish, and they really aren't anymore, pretty much middle age so hey must be stuck between trying to sound like old kasbian and looking like an out of touch access dad trying to keep in with the kids or try to appeal to 40 somethings who really want the jam to reform but buy welless new stuff that couldn't be farther removed fromantic going underground etc.

On 12/04/2017 at 8:55 AM, Quark said:

Jools does like a waffle, but fuggit he's been running the show for 25 years and has had a veritable who's who of bands through the door, so let him keep going :)

This is always my view quark. There are ways to skip past the Jools bits as Nal pointed out but I never quite get the downer on the fella.

Hes been brining us live music since way back on the tube and where else do we get that kind of variety plus twice a week now :-)

Have seen him live a few times over the years and his enthusiasm is pretty infectious. He clearly loves playing live and generally I quite like it when he joins in. I've always thought he's a pretty shit singer though. 

Havent watched last nights show yet.

On 11/04/2017 at 10:53 PM, EighteenSixty7 said:

The sound didn't seem right for Kasabian, I reckon Bless This Acid House could be a nice tune. Overall they were OK, glad they did a unheard track.

Yea that's what I thought.. Hard to put into words but just didn't sound Kasabian lol.. I've missed the hour long show as am in the woooods lol but having watched the short show I don't think I've missed anything.. 

7 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah it was alright, sounded very similar to Brianstorm though 

You think so? I don't hear it personally.

I reckon festivals are going to be mental if the setlist goes Ill Ray > bumblebeee > Underdog > Comeback Kid > Shoot The Runner > eez-eh

On Wed Apr 12 2017 at 9:41 AM, danmarks said:

bless this acid house sounds very similar to always touched by your presence dear by blondie.

The thing is I think of kasbian as still being new ish, and they really aren't anymore, pretty much middle age so hey must be stuck between trying to sound like old kasbian and looking like an out of touch access dad trying to keep in with the kids or try to appeal to 40 somethings who really want the jam to reform but buy welless new stuff that couldn't be farther removed fromantic going underground etc.

That's poetic.

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea that's what I thought.. Hard to put into words but just didn't sound Kasabian lol.. I've missed the hour long show as am in the woooods lol but having watched the short show I don't think I've missed anything.. 

The actual sound I meant :D Tom's vocals didn't come across too well.

I like the other 2 tracks they did, so glad they didn't do Comeback Kid.

I think they've pushed the album back a week to 5th May aswell :huh:

To my ears Kasabian & Goldfrapp sounded much better on Friday's show than on Tuesday's. The two shows are recorded sequentially so i wonder if the sound engineer changed things after the flat, muddied sound from the Tuesday set.

Edited by maclauk
Typo