Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

This Moon Hooch lot are the first to really grab me tonight. Don't think they're on the lineup are they? 

Ha! I had to turn the tv volume down when they were on! :D I might have to listen to some more Lera Lynn though.

Edited by cdm22

13 hours ago, cdm22 said:

Nope, still don't get why Biffy Clyro are so popular.

they were absolutely incredible live at Exeter's Big Weekend last weekend - the way they had the whole tent hollering back to them at some points was electric. they played a number of new songs - one sounded like Status Quo - very underwhelming - the rest of it though - i can see why they are so popular.

Overall that was really good tonight.

I've never really been into Biffy but I was impressed. Not as formulaic as I'd expected.

Not sure on Tame Impala live, but currents is a great album. I've only been listening to it the last few days after they were announced for Glastonbury. I'd long written them off as 60's / 70's Rock revivalists after giving Lonerism a few tries. I still don't rate that album at all though, so I'm hoping for as much of the new stuff as possible in 3 weeks time!

Michael Kiwanuka was good. I'll be trying to catch him. 

James Blake doesn't particularly grab me but he's a very talented bloke. I liked the first song he did. 

Edited by General Lee

I've just said in another thread I fear for Tame Impala. I really like their music, but all of the live stuff I have seen, it sounds too weak. I doubt I'm gonna catch them, but I hope they manage to pull it off.

Just in case anyone didn't already know, Tame Impala is a project by Kevin Parker (the lead singer) and all of their songs are written by him, every instrument is written and recorded by him. So when it comes to the live shows, his mates just play the music he has written on each individual instrument, so it is never gunna sound as good as the record as Kevin can't play every instrument at once unfortunately :lol:. But, check out this video from Primavera Sound from the other day, it seems to be a lot better than what was shown on Jools, with the light show & confetti cannons etc i'm sure they will put on a great show.

3 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

Yeah I liked James Blake but still undecided between him and M83 for the Saturday, he makes great music for headphones but I'm imagining a field of people standing about looking moody.

Can definitely see that. It's not really a headliner to end your night on. It's music to be listened to on your own. 

• 3 months later...

here we go again folks

kol .....well yea liked that

M83  wow sexy girls i like ..AND a great tune a bit sax abit of guitar yea ill def be looking them up

STING .......ledgend but sounding a tad old now sorry  ..we all like to think they can sound the same as alwaays BUT hey thats life ..should of stayed with the old bill..i mean THAT was a POLICE song if ever there was one .....imo ....imagine the police on the PS ah

jimmmmmmi .....................interesting but lets just get over the fact that like PJ youll never see them on the PS

notice jimmis got water and jack behind is on the beer lol ahh no hes not it looks vodka something lol

Kandace spring .......wow thats hair man .......karen carpenter with soul and hair ....not as good as karen tho ...just imo tho ........................................plays the keys better than that git Jools .....ok shut now girl

next please

Banks........dont know wots missing but theres something not right in that...love the warping sort of like her ..sort of like the tune but it needs something so its a naaaaaaaa

JACK .....amazing old son very talented [ must say white strips were one fucking great band ] hes done a thing with eddie vedder and pearl jam ...its cool ..i liked that as i like 99% of his stuff

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Jools leaves the keys alone thank god ..

KoL....normal KoL stuff nice

so there yous go go fuckings no shits no bad stuff at all .........must mean it was an ok show lol

wife just wandered how many bands that go on jools show play glasto ?????tis a thought ah

G

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

here we go again folks

kol .....well yea liked that

M83  wow sexy girls i like ..AND a great tune a bit sax abit of guitar yea ill def be looking them up

STING .......ledgend but sounding a tad old now sorry  ..we all like to think they can sound the same as alwaays BUT hey thats life ..should of stayed with the old bill..i mean THAT was a POLICE song if ever there was one .....imo ....imagine the police on the PS ah

jimmmmmmi .....................interesting but lets just get over the fact that like PJ youll never see them on the PS

notice jimmis got water and jack behind is on the beer lol ahh no hes not it looks vodka something lol

Kandace spring .......wow thats hair man .......karen carpenter with soul and hair ....not as good as karen tho ...just imo tho ........................................plays the keys better than that git Jools .....ok shut now girl

next please

Banks........dont know wots missing but theres something not right in that...love the warping sort of like her ..sort of like the tune but it needs something so its a naaaaaaaa

JACK .....amazing old son very talented [ must say white strips were one fucking great band ] hes done a thing with eddie vedder and pearl jam ...its cool ..i liked that as i like 99% of his stuff

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Jools leaves the keys alone thank god ..

KoL....normal KoL stuff nice

so there yous go go fuckings no shits no bad stuff at all .........must mean it was an ok show lol

wife just wandered how many bands that go on jools show play glasto ?????tis a thought ah

G

T days nearly here when Guys reviewing the next series of Jools :)

22 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

enjoyed that episode. wasn't really a weak link in the bunch. hope they can keep it up, although if last series was anything to go by then you're never far from an episode full of shite

i dont know old son that BANKS was sort of i dont know i sort of liked it but something WAS missing ......and yea that was a rarity apart for Jools himself you alway get a shit band or something ....