Last night i watched Jools Holland........... and

ghandi

ok here we go

jools says his shit makes himself SO impotent

laura comes on ....well wot a change from the shy singer of last year she looks very comfterbal in her fame ..not bad really but not gonna go outa my way to see her

the coral ...wot can i say if its not broken dont fix it .......not bad

jason isbell....ummmmmm naaaa a strange country version of that twat bon flipping jovi

ahhh god now its the oldie part ..simon looks old [ which he is ] chatttt chattt chattt ....its great ok ...well at least Jools didnt start playing ..

ahhhhh sexy....lake street dive .....no

............. well its a real shame about prince init old son ........ah there back

kano.....fucking shit no no no crap and more crap...wots he doing with his hands ????????it goes poperpoperpopo .......sorry but thats some high grade shit..imo ..dont want offend anyone .

cant wait for this to finish

here we go paul simon ....fucking jools sitting at his piano he just cant stop him self ....wristband lol he should be outside gate A singing this shit .

watch old git jools eyes lolololol ha at least he didnt play ..

and back to laura worse than the first song ...perfer her other stuff..should have had that keyboard thing painted purple in honor init

the coral .....umm not really getting into that one ..had its moments but naa

bonjovi sound alike ......needs a cowboy hat..nice violinest tho

chat chat chat ....he just couldnt help touch his bloody keys lol

LSD ...hahaha thats better than there music and there real band name ...see wot i did there ...id have a bad one if i heard this on lsd lol

noooo more

paul simon again.......oh dear you know sometimes you just wont to remember things the way they were ..bless him hes doing well but he hasnt got the power no more and its not  proper [ watch the vista print advert and youll get that bit ]

NO FUCKING MORE PLEASE cant understand a word oh NO nows there 2 of them ..at least there not grabbing there balls ...and getting kneck ache from fake gold ....

fucking hell is this an hour now ..

right bck to laura.....god its gone godly ....that must have taken ages to write that run round the mountins run lol

only up side of this show was the coral .......not that good tho they were.....and jools not playing the ivory keys ..

and now im going for a piss

oh well that wasnt very good ...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

ok here we go

laura comes on ....well wot a change from the shy singer of last year she looks very comfterbal in her fame ..not bad really but not gonna go outa my way to see her

jason isbell....ummmmmm naaaa a strange country version of that twat bon flipping jovi

ahhh god now its the oldie part ..simon looks old [ which he is ] chatttt chattt chattt ....its great ok ...well at least Jools didnt start playing ..

............. well its a real shame about prince init old son ........ah there back

kano.....fucking shit no no no crap and more crap...wots he doing with his hands ????????it goes poperpoperpopo .......sorry but thats some high grade shit..imo ..dont want offend anyone .

here we go paul simon ....fucking jools sitting at his piano he just cant stop him self ....wristband lol he should be outside gate A singing this shit .

and back to laura worse than the first song ...perfer her other stuff..should have had that keyboard thing painted purple in honor init

LSD ...hahaha thats better than there music and there real band name ...see wot i did there ...id have a bad one if i heard this on lsd lol

noooo more

paul simon again.......oh dear you know sometimes you just wont to remember things the way they were ..bless him hes doing well but he hasnt got the power no more and its not  proper [ watch the vista print advert and youll get that bit ]

NO FUCKING MORE PLEASE cant understand a word oh NO nows there 2 of them ..at least there not grabbing there balls ...and getting kneck ache from fake gold ....

right bck to laura.....god its gone godly ....that must have taken ages to write that run round the mountins run lol

only up side of this show was the coral .......not that good tho they were.....and jools not playing the ivory keys ..

Yet another classic appraisal Guy

dont watch an episode till I've seen it

looks like this may be a straight delete off the planner lol !

13 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

ok here we go

noooo more

I watched it and then read this.

I wish I had read this first.

• Upvote 1

Laura Mvula played this on Tuesday, didn't see Friday, bit if you skip this vid to 2:29 you will swear you are listening to 

yes-logo.jpg

Jon Anderson, circa 1972, honestly, listen!

Edited by bamber

On 22/04/2016 at 0:10 AM, guypjfreak said:

ok here we go...

Blah,blah, blah

...oh well that wasnt very good ...

Why watch it?

I mean really what is the point of watching a show that you plainly can't stand and then waste further minutes of your life typing all that? Honestly can't understand why people put themselves through such hardship?

My quick alternative view

Laura Mvula, a huge change on the artist who I first saw on Park in 2013 (I think) rather enjoyed it, will check her out at G (clashes permitting)

Paul Simon, after hearing people saying that he was losing it, I found both songs interesting, the "wristband" thing was fun and the interpretation of "The Sound of Silence" was well worth listening too. I don't get why people expect artists to turn up and reproduce a record. Listen to the record if that's what you want.

The Coral were a reminder that I haven't bought the new album yet and that I need too.

Jason Isbell, won a Grammy for his latest "Something More Than Free" but as he's a "Country" artist he has to be pigeon holed so... "Bon Jovi in a Cowboy Hat" (I think that was Guy's assessment?) I'm shaking my head here. Best album of the year for me it'll be a shame if people can't see past the "Country" label because his songwriting is really thoughtful and his lyrics are literate and interesting.

MC Kano, no point in me commenting on his performance as I have a blind ear for that "Urban" stuff.

Lake Street Dive, I'd like to hear more of, I liked the first song and was a bit meh about the second but the lead singer has a terrific voice and the sound was interesting.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Rumblestripe said:

Why watch it?

I mean really what is the point of watching a show that you plainly can't stand and then waste further minutes of your life typing all that? Honestly can't understand why people put themselves through such hardship?

My quick alternative view

Laura Mvula, a huge change on the artist who I first saw on Park in 2013 (I think) rather enjoyed it, will check her out at G (clashes permitting)

Paul Simon, after hearing people saying that he was losing it, I found both songs interesting, the "wristband" thing was fun and the interpretation of "The Sound of Silence" was well worth listening too. I don't get why people expect artists to turn up and reproduce a record. Listen to the record if that's what you want.

The Coral were a reminder that I haven't bought the new album yet and that I need too.

Jason Isbell, won a Grammy for his latest "Something More Than Free" but as he's a "Country" artist he has to be pigeon holed so... "Bon Jovi in a Cowboy Hat" (I think that was Guy's assessment?) I'm shaking my head here. Best album of the year for me it'll be a shame if people can't see past the "Country" label because his songwriting is really thoughtful and his lyrics are literate and interesting.

MC Kano, no point in me commenting on his performance as I have a blind ear for that "Urban" stuff.

Lake Street Dive, I'd like to hear more of, I liked the first song and was a bit meh about the second but the lead singer has a terrific voice and the sound was interesting.

love the program

hate jools ...i think you might have got that feeling

i dont put the bands on if i did YOU prob wouldnt like it

BUT do you know old son thats such a great review ..SO SO serious i mean i dont know why people get SO serious over some thing some one else has written .....im really looking forward now to next weeks program ill hopefully be a little light hearted and say it as it is whilst you can get all wound up and tell us all how many grannys some one had ...

if you look back some of the greats of music have had to put up with jools and some have sounded great so i say so and others have been shite so i say so ..its hardly the krypton factor is it lol

ps

your polite as well old son .......

MC Kano, no point in me commenting on his performance as I have a blind ear for that "Urban" stuff. .................that stuffs called shit old son ........

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

love the program

hate jools ...i think you might have got that feeling

i dont put the bands on if i did YOU prob wouldnt like it

BUT do you know old son thats such a great review ..SO SO serious i mean i dont know why people get SO serious over some thing some one else has written .....im really looking forward now to next weeks program ill hopefully be a little light hearted and say it as it is whilst you can get all wound up and tell us all how many grannys some one had ...

if you look back some of the greats of music have had to put up with jools and some have sounded great so i say so and others have been shite so i say so ..its hardly the krypton factor is it lol

I wouldn't cal @Rumblestripe's review SO SO serious, he's just giving his thoughts just as you have but without seeming to hate most of it. Nice to get a balanced view.

22 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I wouldn't cal @Rumblestripe's review SO SO serious, he's just giving his thoughts just as you have but without seeming to hate most of it. Nice to get a balanced view.

totally agree old son BUT he and you sem to have missed a point . i dont hate the show i cant stand Jools lol ...each to his own ect ...and i say wot to think about the bands on THAT performance ..even if PEARL JAM were on jools show and played crap id say so

...........maybe in tiny letters lol ............

the thing with the show it can show a new talent like luara whats her name as he did last year [ or the year before before you shoot me down ] as she was just coming on the scene and she WAS great in that show ...didnt she play the park that year ??then this show she wasnt as good end ov ..it can also show a great band play shite and if that happened id say so too.

it can also show jools for wot he is ..a hyped up little git that wants to play the keys with all the ledgends ..good on him i [ me ] just cant satnd him ...also rumblestripe said wots the point in me watching ect well thats my choice old son if you like my post dont read it im not out to make waves .......

anyways life to short for this sort of shite each to his own and all that and if it cheers up a few people well thats cool with me and what i write IS what i FEEL

looking forward to next weeks show

thanks

Will-2609

old son

thanks

Edited by guypjfreak

7 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

totally agree old son BUT he and you sem to have missed a point . i dont hate the show i cant stand Jools lol ...each to his own ect ...and i say wot to think about the bands on THAT performance ..even if PEARL JAM were on jools show and played crap id say so ...........maybe in tiny letters lol ............the thing with the show it can show a new talent like luara whats her name as he last year [ or the year before before you shoot me down ] as she was just coming on the scene and she WAS great in that show ...didnt she play the park that year ??

it can also show jools for wot he is a hyped up little git that wants to play the keys with all the ledgends ..good on him i [ me ] just cant satnd him ...also rumblestripe said wots the point in watching ect well thats my choice old son .......

anyways life to short for this sort of shite each to his own and all that ah if it cheers up a few people well thats cool with me and what i write IS what i FEEL

thanks

Will-2609

old son

thanks

....Spot who's been on the sherbert dib dabs tonight.......

:D

Have to say, I love what I've heard of the new Field Music album.  Always kind of liked them, but never really been grabbed by it.  The 3 tracks off the new album have all been great pop songs - Disappointed is particularly good.  On my "might see" list this year.

well depending on the weather i might be outa town and have to record it ...26th wedding thingy on monday 1st ........get less for murder lol and id be allowed out for glasto lol ...........[ not wanting to belittle the other thread !!! ]

i dont know wots going on with the weather tho its bloody cold still init and i live for the SUNNNNNNNNNNN

.........nice start a tribute to prince fair play ..

mumfords......and the whole of the world it seems .....very interesting but one band at a time is enough for any one ....i dont know ANYTHING about the others so may be old rumblestipe could enlighten me .....good show tho

G porter .... why the hat ??? won a granny in 2014 ...oh yes he did what for ,,im not sure but hes playing WHolts ..ok but not my sort of thing ..

wtf

hand dancing ballet bloody strange ..ah Christine and the queens ...like the voice ...not sure of the dancing would be funny 100 people trying to do that in a tent ....for some reason soft cell comes to mind ..not lost that thought lol ...

Son Little.......slow start ...still slow...too slow for me soz ..as far as i know hes won no grannys ...im trying to be positive

suits you jools .....yaking on as he likes to do ..always think I WANT TO PLAY MY PIANO

field music ...song called disappointed .......yep well sums that up nicely heard better down the cellar bar

ah shit its back to the mumford round the world band ....so why is this ?? alot better than the first tune but i ust dont get it its the sort thing bob geldof did

the keys he HAS TO GET ON THOSE BLOODY KEYS but fair play RIP a ledgend and GP doing a good job imo ...ah the WHOLE lot  FANTASTIC ..very fitting apart from joolsy walking round with a stupid look on his face ...

nice show that .......rumblestripe old son how did you find it i hope i didnt cause offence this tim ............................................................................and if i did .unlucky lol

Enjoyed tonight but would like Baaba Maal to have cast of the shackle of Mumfords.

I've had a tough year so far with two close family bereavements and was really very upset about Bowie (who went between the family members). So I didn't shed a tear for Prince. 

Then Gregory Porter sang Purple Rain. Not even the best cover I've heard, but it caught me...

• Upvote 1